• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Shopping list for the January window

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, chaps ...thoughts on required purchases in the forthcoming window...Proceed

For mine, a couple of defenders and a keeper ....but we knew that

pjennings

Doesn't seem it will happen - "Mulvey stressed that his squad needed to improve their mindset as they wouldn’t be be able to add any more players."

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Let's start with all new coaching staff (I'm okay with MM staying). Including our fitness staff (if we have any, or are they all off at the pub?). Nash should be fired 6 times just to make sure.
Everything just seems to point to the coaching team. I feel like even Honda would be rubbish in our club.

And our problems are all over the pitch, I've got nfi where to even start. I'd be happy with 1 proven goalscorer, 1 defender and a keeper, as a bare minimum.

But we've still got too much dead weight in the team.

I don't even care about January at this point. It's not like 1 exciting signing is going to fix anything.
Though it's honestly hard to care about a league that gifts the biggest club a multimillion dollar player. Why bother turning up?

Last edited:

Ancient Mariner

If you think we are getting players in Jan you must believe in Santa Claus.

The only possibility is a marquee and I reckon I will win lotto first.

Charlie1

We need a creative midfielder our problem we don’t have that one player to creat chances for Simons or Ross. Our defence while not the best I think will be ok if we are creating more. They are constantly under pressure because we lose the ball to easily. A player like Honda would be fantastic. ( I’ll open my cheque book lol)

turbo

Fornarolllikeacrazyman is out of favour at City...

wouldn't mind him coming to the coast but without service we'd just be throwing money down the drain.

Edit: More importantly if I'm a marquee striker getting an offer from the coast and look at our recent games I'd be seriously concerned over how much I'm going to get the ball and what that does for my future prospects.

Last edited:

Charlie1

wouldn't mind him coming to the coast but without service we'd just be throwing money down the drain.

Edit: More importantly if I'm a marquee striker getting an offer from the coast and look at our recent games I'd be seriously concerned over how much I'm going to get the ball and what that does for my future prospects.
Exactly that’s why we need a marquee number 10 to create for Ross and Matt with pain and oar outside him and Tommy H behind him a decent attacking side.

Forum Phoenix

Keeper and a true 10.

Tommy P. Amini. Rogic.
Danny, Matty. And to be fair, Reddy was very good for us.

Two critical positions in a teams spine that we had such great quality in in the past but have had nothing of note in since.

What a disappointment Da Silva was.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred