• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum- Round 2 Match Thread

LFCMariners

dibo said:
LiverpoolMariners said:
Went to the Smurfs- Adelaide game yesterday with some friends, one of them knows a couple of the guys in The Cove and I went along with him when he said hi to them. On all of the seats in the bay/s there was a 'Songsheet', which had all the lyrics to The Cove songs. Something similar in Bay 23 would help more people to get involved when a chant goes up, and it'd also mean that any newbies could pick up the songs straight away.

I personally handed out hundreds of songsheets on a number of occasions in past years, they generate more paper aeroplanes than extra singers.

If people wanted to stand and sing, they'd be in the bay already. If they don't, a piece of paper ain't gonna help.

Ohk. Granted, back when we were in Bay 16 with the emo's, I can see why they might have become paper aeroplanes. But now in Bay 23 with a higher concentration of the hard-core, it may be worth another shot?

The one thing holding us back is pride. Someone mentioned how it seems quite a few people won't join in a song if they don't like it, and that's a pity. Crap song or not, if everybody in the Bay contributes instead of folding their arms because it's not their first choice of 'Cool things to sing at the game' or trying to start another chant on top of it, the atmosphere we could generate would be AMAZING. If you don't know a song, try and learn it ASAP so your voice can be heard with all the others.

It's funny that the Marinators seem to generate better atmosphere on away trips than at home.

Ted

'We Cant Be Beaten' by Rose Tattoo would be a good choice (IMO) for the Mariners anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZZnhBQXRaI

Bex

blackburnforever said:
Re lazy ass, no brains, playin the wrong game Mrdja - is he on contract? If so, how much longer do we have to suffer? How much money has we wasted so far?

He is contracted until the end of this season. Don't know how much he is on but whatever it is we're not getting value for money.

Deej

Bex said:
blackburnforever said:
Re lazy ass, no brains, playin the wrong game Mrdja - is he on contract? If so, how much longer do we have to suffer? How much money has we wasted so far?

He is contracted until the end of this season. Don't know how much he is on but whatever it is we're not getting value for money.

Sadly he's 1 of our highest paid players, I now know how the Cove felt when they couldn't wait to get rid of Zdrillic.............quite a decent amount of money will be freed up and hopefully we can spend it on a striker with a bit of heart and passion!

Mrdja could have been a quality player, he had a great first touch, good vision and knew where the back of the net was, however he just doesn't seem to care and has without a doubt lost a lot of his earlier ability from V1 and early V3, hope he can prove me and a lot of others wrong but I can't see it happening sorry.

Ursus

I do not think we will see the best of Mrdja (nor Dylan) with the 4 3 3 formation. While Matty is ideal with this formation as point man neither Mrdja nor Dylan seem nearly as able, nor do they seem able to play to play IR or IL.

My feelings only play 4 3 3 with Matty but without Dylan and Mrdja (unless we are defending a lead and it becomes 4 5 1). What we need for our front three are Kwas, Matty, another Kwas ;D. Three who can score but will also work their buts off in defence.
I like to think Travis can provide the solution in the future allowing Mclinchey or Hutch to move up.
If we have to play Dylan or Mrdja then go back to 4 4 2.

Any thoughts?

On the game itself My worries were, too many times, the mids dropping to far back onto our defence late in the game. They were getting in the way of the back 4 and we were unable to counter or even hold pssession when we got the ball. Should not happen with 4 5 1. Lawrie was doing his nut over this.

Idiotic yellow cards.

Missed sitters. Chances will be missed, but the 2 sitters in the second half should have been put away.

Round 1 showed we could defend a lead. The first half in round 2 showed we should be able to obtain a lead.

I am confident it will be a good season.

FFC Mariner

433 becomes 451 all to easily if pressure is applied to the wide players.

We have always had a tendency to drop too deep and this was really evident on Friday. 1 upfront allowed Ljubo to move into MF with devastating effect.

What concerned me was that we didnt even try to react to the new tactics from the scum and could all too easily lost a game that was there for the taking.

442 at home in the last 15/20 wouldnt have been too cavalier and would have meant Ljubo dropping back

dibo

One thing that really concerned me was that essentially every time Heff received the ball, a scum player would simply bolt at him, and press him for a mistake. They were often rewarded. We try to play out, find midfielders, build the play out etc., but it can all be undone simply by running at Heff waving your arms going 'BOO!' when he's got the ball at his feet...

On the formation - are we playing a 4-3-3, a 4-2-3-1, a 4-5-1, a 4-4-1-1... ???

It looked the other night more like a 4-2-3-1 and defensively it was reasonably effective, but we kept getting pinned back on the flanks. Matty was left high and lonely too often.

Bear

dibo said:
but it can all be undone simply by running at Heff waving your arms going 'BOO!' when he's got the ball at his feet...

actual lol at work, pictured you doing that whilst running at him lol

cheers for the laugh

still lol'ing

scottmac

Suspended
Ursus said:
I do not think we will see the best of Mrdja (nor Dylan) with the 4 3 3 formation. While Matty is ideal with this formation as point man neither Mrdja nor Dylan seem nearly as able, nor do they seem able to play to play IR or IL.

My feelings only play 4 3 3 with Matty but without Dylan and Mrdja (unless we are defending a lead and it becomes 4 5 1). What we need for our front three are Kwas, Matty, another Kwas ;D. Three who can score but will also work their buts off in defence.
I like to think Travis can provide the solution in the future allowing Mclinchey or Hutch to move up.
If we have to play Dylan or Mrdja then go back to 4 4 2.

Any thoughts?

I think Huke will be the answer when he gets back, allowing a combination of Hutch, Travis, McGlinchey & Porter to play the remaining midfield spot and "third forward". Untill we get him back, then i reckon there is no way LM will let Hutch move out of the mids.

I definitley agree that if Mrjda or Dylan are on the field we should be playing 442 or 4411

bjw

bjw
Don't forget we have Huke and this left sided midfielder coming into the squad over the next few weeks.

bjw

bjw
OH, and by the way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmFv70KFIc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn9pbS4sX0M

we was outdone.

Honkee

brennan said:
OH, and by the way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAmFv70KFIc

we was outdone.

I was sitting directly across from the scum when they pulled that out. some idiot UNDER the tifo lit a flare and tried to throw it only to have bounce back onto them. I was waiting for the whole display to go up in flames.

Timmyv

Honkee said:
I was sitting directly across from the scum when they pulled that out. some idiot UNDER the tifo lit a flare and tried to throw it only to have bounce back onto them. I was waiting for the whole display to go up in flames.

And the lad who ripped it copped a few to the head and was handed to seco's.

The one at the end of the game was alot louder and on tune with everyone haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheFaLawK4Q&feature=player_embedded

FFC Mariner

Methinks Timmy doth protest too much.

He was at ANZ when a flare was ripped

Was at BT when a flare was ripped

Is in the GGA (well known for it)

QED

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
Methinks Timmy doth protest too much.

He was at ANZ when a flare was ripped