• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum- Round 2 Match Thread

krusty

have to agree it is the worse song but atleast there having a go everybody supports the team in there own way. We should be abusing the people that dont come to the game rather than each other.

Kareem

why on earth do we play 2 strikers?
We have caceres not even on bench, and travis as an unused sub...pretty clear no brainer IMHO

Drop Mrdja, pick up caceres
Drop Dylan to bench, start travis...

Deej

Lisarow Yellow (Pooley) said:
brennan said:
p.s. this gets sung 5 minutes before kick off.

Probably the worst song to have!!!!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but why?

kwasnik 23 said:
What i want to know is why there were jets flags in the marinators bay!
I made my displeasure known by throwing a beer at the bogans waving it!
It was good to see those flags not reappear after that.

It was stolen mate, problem was most people didn't understand this.  Next time you throw beer make sure you don't get people who don't wanna get sprayed with beer too!

p-diddy said:
goingtoadisco said:
Dont want sing the song ?  f**k of back to bay 16 and start your own.

That's the way to improve the active support. wd.

I agree mate, there's a lot of people who don't wanna sing shit like Mariners fans in the stands, and here we go etc......at least there's people having a go at improving the bay!

Jerem

as has been said many times before it doesnt matter whether its shit song, take the good with the bad, get on board suck it up and F***in` sing!!! half the reason theres no momentum behind these tunes is the fact that too many pockets of people amongst us who think theyre above singing songs just because theyre crap, lets all just get behind the organisation of the bay and make some real noise!

Paolo

kwasnik 23 said:
Introduce yourself to the bogans if you see them at another game

serious14

Paolo said:
kwasnik 23 said:

:popcorn:

FFC Mariner

I'm would also bet a few $$ that they dont get any SFC flags though.

Knicking stuff of 14yo's is one thing, SFC might be altogether different.

clarence

FFC Mariner said:

+1, yep. (Or have you just thrown down the gauntlet, lol!) :popcorn:

clarence

kwasnik 23 said:
clarence said:
kwasnik 23 said:
Paolo said:
kwasnik 23 said:
I don't think I will be seeing them again as a contact of mine within the club has told me that they along with security and the FFA are looking at banning the individual involved as what they were doing has no place in soccer.
These posts have to be the posts of the week!!!
LOL. Everybody knows somebody 'within the club'. Why throw beer at someone in your own supporters' bay? Why not yell at the people waving the flag and ask them why they are doing it first, before taking offense to it?  It could have been a 'trophy' of sorts, you know..... Been done before with the Gloryboys' Bell, and the Roar Flag up at Suncorp. :p
To me, it sounds like you totally misunderstood the reason why the flag was flown.
Ha ha, you come on the forum blowing steam out your arse, when it seems you were the one making a goose of themselves, LOL!!!!! :headbutt: ;D
Throwing beer at your own supporters, lol! For grabbing a trophy, lol! Oh stop it, I'm hurting so bad, lol, ROFL!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
European style football support eg. stealing items (how petty ::))  has no place here.
Being a larrakin eg. throwing a beer does.

Oh, you're putting up the "Un-Australian" tag now are we?  ::) :popcorn:

Let's tick the boxes as we go along shall we?
* Soccer instead of Football.    TICK
* European & "Un Australian"  TICK
* Any actions taken by you seen as "larrikin" and therefore Australian, dinky di. TICK

fedelta

FFC Mariner said:

14 yo's  ::)

Forum Phoenix

First half the team played excellent football all over the park.
We just needed to take a couple of our chances and that game would have been done and dusted. Even the disallowed would have made a significant impact. Hard to play a dominating 45 but not get on the sheet and keep your tempo up when they lift and come at you. That said, except for the goal, which was just a crappy scrappy moment, they had almost zero real chances even when we lulled and stopped applying any genuine forward pressure. ANd this defense was without Doig. WIiko is really stepping up and Boogs is dominating in the air.

Unfortunately Kwassie looked like he started running ran out of legs at about 55, D'Mac around 60... in my opinion fresh legs and change of shape may have helped... But regardless of what anyone thinks you never actually know unless you do it. Ultimately we were lucky that McGlinchey, Hutch and Pedj were able to work their asses of for a full ninety, and all had excellent games.

All in all. 4 points from your first two is a very good start. Back line is vastly improved. Our defence from set pieces is imo probably the best its EVER been, and how people are calling our back line shaky when we have our great new central defender out and yet we still manage to keep the other team to barely a clear cut chance throughout the entire game I find a little strange.

As to Hutch baggers, hilarious. Your bagging Hutch after this game removes any credibility whatsoever. Made two errors entire game. You simply do not understand football.

LM out guy... 1 win, 1 draw, clear improvement of squad, 3rd on ladder...
LM out...? Words fail me...
::)

There were a lot of positives in that performance and we were unlucky not to walk away with the 3 points. But we have to take our chances, and do not have all of our current starting 11 at full match fitness as yet. We also you would have to say still need another significant goal scoring threat from the midfield to alleviate pressure on the front men and open more space. Can't tell with Ahmad's form from only a few minutes, but if he's da man for the job, why isn't he winning the starting position? And though I like the little I've seen the same goes for Travis. Lawrie has put Mc Glinchey straight into a starting spot and it's showing why. I say hopefully we will trial and be wrapped by this new Jamaican, add a little x factor and a bit of media and attendance boost to boot and we should be one of the genuine title threats - we look top four already for mine.

Crowd numbers were a good start in my opinion also.

As to our resident hool brigade...
Out singing squadron much much much >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nicking flags imo. Because it actually contributes to the guys on the park. Support for mine, has and always will be about the team. Not me, my identity, or my amusement... It's all about helping the team I love get over the line.

Oh and it has less potential to create shit storms and unnecessary problems, let alone some boring and painful reading for the forum. ;)

Bear

Paolo said:
kwasnik 23 said:

Being that I was standing right near the people you felt the need to throw a full beer at, shall I send you my dry cleaning bill, or should a just point you out to security next game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred