• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Scum- Round 2 Match Thread

marinermick

Andre_1 said:
scottmac said:
FFC Mariner said:
Danning v Heff on Saturday isnt it?

Oh shit!

+1
He tied Jamieson in knots and Heff aint no Jamieson! Big area of concern  IMO he is a very quick and tricky young kid!

In the trial game at Balmain Heff was quite physical on Danning and he didn't get too far. Methinks this may well be the tactic for Saturday.

Either that or move Doig or Boogs out there for five minutes.

Jameison is still a young kid and did not exert himself physically on Danning.

bulldogmariner

marinermick said:
Andre_1 said:
scottmac said:
FFC Mariner said:
Danning v Heff on Saturday isnt it?

Oh shit!

+1
He tied Jamieson in knots and Heff aint no Jamieson! Big area of concern  IMO he is a very quick and tricky young kid!

In the trial game at Balmain Heff was quite physical on Danning and he didn't get too far. Methinks this may well be the tactic for Saturday.

Either that or move Doig or Boogs out there for five minutes.

Jameison is still a young kid and did not exert himself physically on Danning.
Totally agree. Pedj also can fill in over there just for a few minutes to upset Danning. Brosque is a bigger concern with the way he has started season and the pace he has running at either Boogs or Porter.

Jerem

We'll need our most dynamic and mobile squad
          danny
          wilko      doig
boogs                        heff
            pedj
                    caceres
Porter                        kwas
            weemac
                      simon

Bench
Lewis
Travis (for Porter
Dmac (for Pedj
Elrich (for Kwas all around the 60th minute

thats the way i see it

Forum Phoenix

Shit out for Bling... Jazzie, was definitely a calf injury. The fact he went back to training the following week, means it can only have been not a very bad grade 1 tear and the way he walked off it looked that way... But when he has re injured it, I guess he's either done it even worse, or quite likely they are wanting to make sure that it won't be an ongoing injury and taking the extra week for safety sake...

Or perhaps we're just foxing ;D

Forum Phoenix

Jerome.

:piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:

Hutch not even in squad, though has started and played well for full ninety in past two weeks and whose DM pairing with Pedj is clearly working... Caceres, starting, though not even in squad for past two weeks...

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Forum Phoenix said:
Shit out for Bling... Jazzie, was definitely a calf injury. The fact he went back to training the following week, means it can only have been not a very bad grade 1 tear and the way he walked off it looked that way... But when he has re injured it, I guess he's either done it even worse, or quite likely they are wanting to make sure that it won't be an ongoing injury and taking the extra week for safety sake...

brennan said:
out for sydney match and possibly the one after (Brisbane away i'm pretty sure)

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, got up this morning thinking it was going to be a good day! ...  :(

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Forum Phoenix said:

My son calls that sort of injury a "Poo" injury .... as in Mark Philloposous

Jerem

forum quite clearly missed the point,
but anyway i dont agree at all that it is working
otherwise we would have controlled the midfield on BOTH counts
i agree, Bojic is working his nut off, hutch is as far as im concerned, doing what he
usually does, whom is hardly dynamic anywhom, each to their own opinion
cheers

Forum Phoenix

Jerome said:
forum quite clearly missed the point,
but anyway i dont agree at all that it is working
otherwise we would have controlled the midfield on BOTH counts
i agree, Bojic is working his nut off, hutch is as far as im concerned, doing what he
usually does, whom is hardly dynamic anywhom, each to their own opinion
cheers

Pretty sure that your point to leave Hutch out of the entire squad so we can then have our "most most mobile and dynamic squad" is pretty hard to miss...

Is the pairing working? Clean sheet against the Tards away? Equal best defensive record currently in A League this season and easily the most solid we have looked in the defensive mids since Mile left.

Everyones entitled to their opinion yes but I prefer facts based on current performances, statistics and coaching inclusions/decisions to support my reasoning in my opinions. Im not interested in trying to brow beat you, and I'm really getting sick of defending Hutch on here. He is not my hero like some of the Gumps disciples, he simply does what he is asked to do by the gaffer and has very solid games in his position yet people can't stand perceived negative play and so confuse this with his ability, contribution and fulfillment of role. This is what I think you fail to comprehend.

For what its worth, I too love positive attacking play, and I have really loved watching Adrian on the ball, but the undeniable fact is that he goes missing, consistently, and so he has struggled for a starting spot where ever he has gone despite his skills. I think he's probably mentally weak and lacking in tenacity. Hutch on the other hand is nothing if not tenacious, is mentally strong and works for a full ninety. As he runs probably a good three kms per game on average more than Caceres ever did if you were sincerely after a more mobile squad then by switching Hutch for Caceres, not only would you be exposing us, but I think would be sadly disappointed... as its very hard to be dynamic when your players stop running and go missing and you can't hold possession for more than 10 seconds - and when players are unwilling to run their asses off, off the ball, you are anything other than mobile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred