• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Six Local Thread

Ted

Sym said:
oh yeah..gotta look good for the ladies watching..lol

so..not sure why I got carded, and then the other team does the same thing and the ref laughs it off..what happened in the first two rounds Ted ? cause the refs are not liking us.

I think some of it carries over from last years AA6 team who now play AA3. But we didnt make a great impression in round 1, which Stel got 2 yellows and 3 weeks off for disent. I thought the ref today was fair and let the game flow. We were our own worst enemy today mate.

Kareem

we had an awweomse ref today for 1st grade
gave us a lot of freekicks (we scored off one :D)
But he also gave 2 yellow cards agaisnt us- both good decisions
Studs up- sliding in for the ball (both times player got to the ball first- but it was dangerous- thus a yellow)
well down to the ref

to our team on the other hand- can't see us gettin promoted- 4 points from 6 games...

Alicia

poko said:
poko said:
Bring on next week though. Alicia, I will destroy you (but I'll make up for it later!;) woo )

Ignore that. I can't read the draw properly. I'll still come over and make it up anyway Alicia... ;)

I look forward to it bubs ;)

hilly1981

Ranyen said:
Tuggerah Def Doylson WAA5N 3 - 0. We actually played for about 20mins when a Doylson player tried to challenge our goalie, our goalie has dived for the ball, the challenger has tripped over her & landed on her elbow & dislocated her collarbone.

The Ambulance took forever to get there & by that time, it was second half & the Doylson coach wanted to call the game, or if we insisted on continuing to play, they would forfeit as they had 10 players to begin with. So we called it & came away with a win.

Yeah I went to watch my wife play in that game (plays for Doylo in centre midfield) and your team were just carving them up. After the striker was injured I hung around until half time and with no sign of the ambo's just took the kids home. I knew that it was game set match.

hilly1981

MAA9

Avoca 3 def Doyalson 0

Our worst performance to date. On the back foot most of the match with them having about 75% possession, and too much finger pointing which really s^&ts me!!! Could have been alot more but thankfully one of the team strengths is our defence.

Next week we play Berkeley Vale whom were undefeated coming into this round. I think we can turn things around if we all decide to stay positive and come to the game with our heads on and the right attitude.

PubBrawler

marinermick said:
PubBrawler said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
marinermick said:
ourimbah aa5s beat berkeley 2-0

well, that was the default score after berkeley failed to show

happy with that result as they were coming second

congrats to gossie waa5 2s who won their first game of the season
how much says that Berkley will find some way to contest that... ::)

probably, but they will have no chance because the game was changed two weeks ago, we had the paperwork from the association and we had a ref and linesman turn up

the only way they can get out of it is if the club can prove they didn't get the change of game time from the association which is doubtful

our manager always crosschecks our games with the ref's website to see if the games match and how many officials we are likely to get
nice win then! we went down again 2-1 to terrigal, my team just arn,t working as a team to many hogs. And i,m sure wyoming beat kincumber 3-1 thats there first lose in 2 years!

the score was 3-2 to wyoming as it was before the girl's gossie game

kincumber had their seven break his arm a minute from time, their number ten get his second yellow after the final whistle, and to add insult to injury many of them had their wallets stolen by this lady stalking the football fields stealing wallets

mountains beat budgie which now makes it a very tight comp
your kidding i saw some old ruff lookin hag walkin around the field bet it was her, i left about 15mins before it ended wish i had of hung around to see the action dam! yer our comp is so close, there is no stand out team but i think berkeley vale just for there size will do come finals time.

Ted

PubBrawler said:
marinermick said:
PubBrawler said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
marinermick said:

probably, but they will have no chance because the game was changed two weeks ago, we had the paperwork from the association and we had a ref and linesman turn up

the only way they can get out of it is if the club can prove they didn't get the change of game time from the association which is doubtful

our manager always crosschecks our games with the ref's website to see if the games match and how many officials we are likely to get
nice win then! we went down again 2-1 to terrigal, my team just arn,t working as a team to many hogs. And i,m sure wyoming beat kincumber 3-1 thats there first lose in 2 years!

kincumber had their seven break his arm a minute from time, their number ten get his second yellow after the final whistle, and to add insult to injury many of them had their wallets stolen by this lady stalking the football fields stealing wallets

your kidding i saw some old ruff lookin hag walkin around the field bet it was her, i left about 15mins before it ended wish i had of hung around to see the action dam! yer our comp is so close, there is no stand out team but i think berkeley vale just for there size will do come finals time.

It also happened at Killarney a few weeks ago people and then also at Jubilee last week.  A woman was also seen loitering around just before the bag vanished. Can't even play a game of football and concentrate on playing without someone stealing your bag for your wallet. Hope the culprits are caught soon as its been happening for far too long now.

trev

Ted said:
PubBrawler said:
marinermick said:
PubBrawler said:
marinermick said:
Kareem said:
marinermick said:

It also happened at Killarney a few weeks ago people and then also at Jubilee last week.  A woman was also seen loitering around just before the bag vanished. Can't even play a game of football and concentrate on playing without someone stealing your bag for your wallet. Hope the culprits are caught soon as its been happening for far too long now.
my brand new phone 1 day old got stolen a few weeks back
at budgewoi it was taken out of my bag whilst playing

Kanwal Bull

we got up 3-1.. pretty convincing win.. well done to eggy for claiming a double.. and cheers to Omni for your referee duties..

Part_Timer

morisset united vs mereweather
Ressies: 1-0 win
Firsts 1-0 win
Both grades dropped to there level but did enough

T

Congrats to Gos WAA52 (we really need another name). We got our first win this season 3-2 over wyoming. Everyone had a wonderful game, and we had some great support on the sidelines, especially loved the impromptu Areosmith :)
We did have 2 linesmen, but I don't think they really did much.... certainly did not call up foul throws.

marinermick

T said:
Congrats to Gos WAA52 (we really need another name). We got our first win this season 3-2 over wyoming. Everyone had a wonderful game, and we had some great support on the sidelines, especially loved the impromptu Areosmith :)
We did have 2 linesmen, but I don't think they really did much.... certainly did not call up foul throws.

the song dedicated to your super assistant coach - dru

"yeah, yeah, dru looks like a lady"

in homage to his calves, or lack of

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

T said:

It's not unusual for a ref to tell the AR he doesn't want to know about it, that he wants them all to himself :)  (especially when there's a fair chance your AR's will be first year refs) Some will have different interpretations of what constitutes a foul throw as well.  Or they may not have had the confidence to call up something like that.  Part and parcel of playing in the lower grades really. 

ryan

There was a lot of 'banter' in our game - Budgewoi v Killarney MAA6. Some of our players get very fired up in the heat of the moment which is something we need to control. Otherwise it was an enjoyable game and we look forward to hosting Killarney later in the year. Good luck guys for the rest of the season.

trev

ryan said:
There was a lot of 'banter' in our game - Budgewoi v Killarney MAA6. Some of our players get very fired up in the heat of the moment which is something we need to control. Otherwise it was an enjoyable game and we look forward to hosting Killarney later in the year. Good luck guys for the rest of the season.
yeah was a good game, will be a good game next time we meet

trev

I have started a Mens All Age 6 Group on Facebook if you want to join
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=82268877858

T

Capn Gus Bloodbeard said:
T said:

It's not unusual for a ref to tell the AR he doesn't want to know about it, that he wants them all to himself :)  (especially when there's a fair chance your AR's will be first year refs) Some will have different interpretations of what constitutes a foul throw as well.  Or they may not have had the confidence to call up something like that.  Part and parcel of playing in the lower grades really. 

Pretty sure most would consider lifting the back foot a foul throw, even in the lower grades

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred