• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Five - local league thread

Kareem

PubBrawler said:
ha, ya should of belted that thing in the back of the net, should of kept it basic and just kept it on the ground just like a pass, ya can,t go wrong, bet you were trying to put it in the top right hand corner? twas a good game though i,m just happy that we have three clean sheets.
i freakin hit it side foot
passed it in- i didnt check how pumped ball was (my mistake) and I dont know how it went over (even though only10cm)

fish

Im curious Kareem was it the first kick of the game , meaning had you not touched the ball before the pen? as Kane said mate a miss is a miss lol

tyson

ok, thanks for clearing that up wardy. but what is certain is that the east gosford team thought they were deserving of a penalty, and when budge went and scored, it was kind of deflating for them.

but yeah, our youth couldnt match budgewois experience today. steve eagleton pretty much controlled the game. i dont think he really made any mistakes.

marinersman, can you give a description of what 10 looked like and where he played?
you are right, i think east gosford had a few more chances than budgewoi in the first half, but budgewoi made the most of the chances they got. extremely well trained team.

marinersman

Tyson, he was the blonde haired young bloke up front. He lacked service in the second half but was very good in the first. He is pacy and looked dangerous with the ball at his feet.

roonytunes

Atomic said:
Update from the old farts (o35 D's)...

Woy Woy 0 - Kincumber(2) 1

Dissappointing result but we were happy with the effort. It was a great game, Kin2 played high quality football. They kept the ball on the ground and had short, sharp passes. Well done to them.

Bad luck there mate, but you still kept them to one goal after they'd been scoring 3 and 4 per game. We (SEU) got up 3-1 against East Gosford, but they played some good football too for cellar dwellars and are good for a win soon. Next week KIN2, hmm.....

Davo

Kareem, I can't be bothered reading all the posts but did you play for the Ourimbah 21's today? 

I was playing for Wyoming,  2-2 draw, pretty firey game.  We let in 2 soft goals early in the first half and then we were unlucky not to score a few more.

Kareem

fish said:
Im curious Kareem was it the first kick of the game , meaning had you not touched the ball before the pen? as Kane said mate a miss is a miss lol
no. I had been involved in build up (been playin for 15 mins).
I know it doesnt matter for the game (how close it was) but personally I know where I went wrong! Broke frirst rule- tried something totally new??? I never hit it like that- always bottom corner and more importantly instep not side of foot
oh well- would have been 2-1 or 3-1 so we would have lost regardless (we couldnt put it away)
Davo said:
Kareem, I can't be bothered reading all the posts but did you play for the Ourimbah 21's today? 

I was playing for Wyoming,  2-2 draw, pretty firey game.  We let in 2 soft goals early in the first half and then we were unlucky not to score a few more.
Nah I didnt play. They got 15 players- I dont think any 18s played this week (for 21s- 3 were playin grade).

On a sad note (for me)Ourimbah and SEU have had unpleasant starts to season...Doylo got a win which is interesting!

coast

yeah oufc aa6 put up a good showing against avoca, we probly should of sunk one or two goals at least, but shit happens. Out of interest how did you's rate us against other 2 teams youv'e played? It's our first year playing, and not one player has played in hte last 5 years hahaha. By the way, tell your goalie not too give up on hte drop kick's, it's his the clubs biggest asset hahaha

Gopher of Pern

coast said:
yeah oufc aa6 put up a good showing against avoca, we probly should of sunk one or two goals at least, but shit happens. Out of interest how did you's rate us against other 2 teams youv'e played? It's our first year playing, and not one player has played in hte last 5 years hahaha. By the way, tell your goalie not too give up on hte drop kick's, it's his the clubs biggest asset hahaha

You were probably the hardest team we've played so far this year. You definately kept us on our toes at the back, and 2 of our goals came from set pieces anyway (free kick and penalty).
Whats wrong with the drop kicks? i thought he was kicking the ball pretty well, especially as he has a groin injury....that's why he's goalie! But he got our MoM, he definately saved some pearlers!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

marinermick said:
red card to me today - my first yellow was legit but my second was for leaning over a player and telling him "get up, you're not hurt" when he went for a dive

can any ref here tell me how i could possibly get a Y16 (dissent by word) for this when iy was no where neara the referee?

You lean over a player who's on the ground and have a go at them - considering that's pretty likely to incite players and rile them up, it's well deserving of a caution.

By your description though, Y25 (making unsporting remarks) may have also been a suitable caution code - but when you're on a yellow already, a caution is a caution.

Although the ref could have interpreted your accusation of the player taking a dive as showing disagreement with his decision over it not being a dive, and undermining his authority in that fashion. 

Not that it really matters.

I'm assuming he wasn't booked for the dive, hence the ref disagreed with you - so he didn't see it as you having a go at a player who took a dive (which, while still unnecessary, MAY have earnt you a little more sympathy), but having a go at a player who just got taken out.  Which is unnecessary.

Considering the ref in question, it's not surprising that he doesn't tolerate players standing over the top of a player on the ground and having a go at them.

Moral of the story?  Think about what you're doing when you're already on a caution :D

Paolo

We(gosford 1st grade) beat wyong 3-1, we should have closed the game out early but we always have to give our coach a heart attack and wait till last 10mins or less to close it out.

Our reserves had a 2-2 draw. Going to be tough for them this year as with size of our squad there is always going to be plenty of changes to the reserves side to rotate players

coast

Gopher of Pern said:
coast said:

You were probably the hardest team we've played so far this year. You definately kept us on our toes at the back, and 2 of our goals came from set pieces anyway (free kick and penalty).
Whats wrong with the drop kicks? i thought he was kicking the ball pretty well, especially as he has a groin injury....that's why he's goalie! But he got our MoM, he definately saved some pearlers!

ahh k sweet. Yeah he done well, was a good game, i thought hte ref was good too, best wev'e had so far, and your team were better sports than woy woy or kincumber, they were a pack of derricks haha.

Kareem how'd you like your 1st game with us? cheers for backing up mate. i'm pretty confident we will post a few wins in our next few games. btw hit your coach up to have another game against us at the end of training again this week, wev'e got no idea of what we should be doing haha.

Jolly_Roger

On the subject of the weekend games, i got my first look at the new Budgewoi strip. I think it looks really good. It kind of has the Australia thing going with it.

Sharp looking threads boys

Kareem

coast said:
Gopher of Pern said:
coast said:

ahh k sweet. Yeah he done well, was a good game, i thought hte ref was good too, best wev'e had so far, and your team were better sports than woy woy or kincumber, they were a pack of derricks haha.

Kareem how'd you like your 1st game with us? cheers for backing up mate. i'm pretty confident we will post a few wins in our next few games. btw hit your coach up to have another game against us at the end of training again this week, wev'e got no idea of what we should be doing haha.
no probs mate...i still dont know who u are lol...
Anyone that knows me (like Radinho) would know I like to play as much as I can. I think I might just stay at OUFC all day next sunday (AA2, 3, 5 and 6 all playin...but 2 at same time).

Jolly_Roger said:
On the subject of the weekend games, i got my first look at the new Budgewoi strip. I think it looks really good. It kind of has the Australia thing going with it.

Sharp looking threads boys
Best strip IMO! I love it...and not just coz it is Australian style! Just coz it aint bad looking. I cant really think of many teams with decent looking colours...Ourimbah, Gossie, EGO, Woy Woy???
Not to mention Wyong (AC MILAN!!!)
I used to hate old budgie and still dislike Umina, Toukley, Mangrove, Kincumber and Wyoming colours! Oh and Doylo too! (no offence to clubs)- i dunno how relevent colours are but just a personal thing!

tyson

marinersman, was it really blonde hair... spiked up heaps? if so, that is casper. he is our new player from england... he scored the long range goal early in the game. he is heaps good at cutting in and out and can beat players pretty well with it. our other striker is also skillful and probably a bit faster. we have a lot of injuries and guys who have just come back but are playing reserves until they build match fitness so the team is only going to get better.

Ted

We lost 8-0 to Doylo, not only did I have to contend with crusty demons drawing players away, our left back informed me an hour before kick off that he won't be playing anymore. Which is shame as he is a great defender and was and will be greatly missed.... Ended up having to draw 4 players from another team. So technically I had 6 players who had never played with us before and 4 of them were from  the 13Ds. Needless to say we were out of position and depth  the whole game...  :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred