• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round Five - local league thread

Kareem

MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
MarinaTed said:
RADINHO said:
Doyalson we have versed them easiest team so far this year and i can tell u how they play like.

Nah thanks, much prefer win it on our own merit if we can...  Good luck with EG though, they have a solid team.
hmmm...IMO knowing what the other team is like is not a bad thing...I think it can be one of the advantages of having a better coach...some are good at training (i dont think I am atm), some are good strategically (finally all those years of watchin UCL payin off! lol). I also like to find out a bit about teams I am playing!

Hmm I guess you will be coach of the year then?
mate thats a bit uncalled for. I havent said anything bad against you and I thought I could expect a bit of maturity from you-not sarcasm. I was saying my opinion- to which i am entitled to and to which many coaches do.
You obviously seem to know what you are talking about in terms of coaching (no sarcasm) but I was just offering my thoughts!

"IMO knowing what the other team is like is not a bad thing...I think it can be one of the advantages of having a better coach"
I said it can be ONE!!! of the advantages.
I then went on to say some are good at training...some strategically- you must off misinterpeted me (happens a lot to me...maybe i am proble :p)
I think you thought i said
A better coach finds out about other teams
I meant: A coach who scouts can be one of the better coaches. And then said other criteria!
personally my training sucks (yesterday we just did possession and shots lol...)(actually shots session was something I did when I was trialling for Mariners Academy- so its actually not a bad drill)(I am just not good on defensive parts as I am a striker and give advice to strikers)
But my strong points are strategy and scouting! (not to mention my Wenger likeness in bringing in the youth- u11C's to play u13C's)
You probably have been involved with the world game since before I was born (1990!)
Do you understand what I meant? I understand your comment now based on what you though I had said (I would have done the same if someone was implying I was a bad coach)
To be clear I was by no means implying you were a bad coach!

Ted

marinermick said:
great to train last night and kick a ball

we even got to train on the mariners' training ground!!!

EDSACC had the 'closed' sign still up and a total 'balls up' with wyong council unsure if it was open or closed. Lights on ground firm underfoot and closed sign.... rather frustrating. Needless to say we didn't train.

Ted

Kareem said:
MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
MarinaTed said:
Kareem said:
MarinaTed said:
RADINHO said:
Doyalson we have versed them easiest team so far this year and i can tell u how they play like.

Nah thanks, much prefer win it on our own merit if we can...  Good luck with EG though, they have a solid team.
hmmm...IMO knowing what the other team is like is not a bad thing...I think it can be one of the advantages of having a better coach...some are good at training (i dont think I am atm), some are good strategically (finally all those years of watchin UCL payin off! lol). I also like to find out a bit about teams I am playing!

Hmm I guess you will be coach of the year then?
mate thats a bit uncalled for. I havent said anything bad against you and I thought I could expect a bit of maturity from you-not sarcasm. I was saying my opinion- to which i am entitled to and to which many coaches do.
You obviously seem to know what you are talking about in terms of coaching (no sarcasm) but I was just offering my thoughts!

"IMO knowing what the other team is like is not a bad thing...I think it can be one of the advantages of having a better coach"
I said it can be ONE!!! of the advantages.
I then went on to say some are good at training...some strategically- you must off misinterpeted me (happens a lot to me...maybe i am proble :p)
I think you thought i said
A better coach finds out about other teams
I meant: A coach who scouts can be one of the better coaches. And then said other criteria!
personally my training sucks (yesterday we just did possession and shots lol...)(actually shots session was something I did when I was trialling for Mariners Academy- so its actually not a bad drill)(I am just not good on defensive parts as I am a striker and give advice to strikers)
But my strong points are strategy and scouting! (not to mention my Wenger likeness in bringing in the youth- u11C's to play u13C's)
You probably have been involved with the world game since before I was born (1990!)
Do you understand what I meant? I understand your comment now based on what you though I had said (I would have done the same if someone was implying I was a bad coach)
To be clear I was by no means implying you were a bad coach!

No probs, misunderstandings happen often on a forum...

RADINHO

dibo said:
radinho > slapped in head with trout.

What did i do now i asked if marinaTed wanted to know about the next opposition. Why have my head slapped with a trout ???

Ted

Well our game this weekend is at 3:15, crusty demons is at 3pm so I lose 2 players to that and 2 of the 3 girls are unable to play as one has netball obligations and the other is in hospital after having her appendix removed... Hopefully I can draw 2 players from the U13Ds just to make up the 11. Our games are usually around 12:30, this late game has thrown a spanner in the works. :-\

coast

Gopher of Pern said:
coast said:
oufc aa6's have avoca this week at fagan's. I know a few guys that post in here play for them, watch out for us, ill be the guy hacking players down left right and center arguing with the ref about hte use of 'slide tackles' hahaha

What position you play? I hope i'm on the opposite side of the field to you then!!

Don't worry, i'll be easy to pick out. I'm the one with the long hair. Looking forward to it!

I'll be playing in an central midfeild roll, depending on how it goes may be more attacking or more defensive. But don't worry, if i see the need to hack an opposition down i will travel great length's muhahahaha

Gopher of Pern

coast said:
Gopher of Pern said:
coast said:
oufc aa6's have avoca this week at fagan's. I know a few guys that post in here play for them, watch out for us, ill be the guy hacking players down left right and center arguing with the ref about hte use of 'slide tackles' hahaha

What position you play? I hope i'm on the opposite side of the field to you then!!

Don't worry, i'll be easy to pick out. I'm the one with the long hair. Looking forward to it!

I'll be playing in an central midfeild roll, depending on how it goes may be more attacking or more defensive. But don't worry, if i see the need to hack an opposition down i will travel great length's muhahahaha

Well, i'll be on the left wing, so i'm sure to come into contact with you sometime! What's more is we actually have a ref and 2 linesmen! First time in two years we've had all three.

Kareem

almost every single game this weekend has all three- i dunno why all refs are available (as am I)

Gopher of Pern

I saw plenty of games with 2 or 1 ref, but i am only looking at the sunday games. But they seem to be disappointed with the refs entering their availability judging by the message on the home page....

Omni

Six-Six today at SEU - spectacular stuff.

I'm out at Budgie tomorrow. MarinaTed: Hope that girl with the appendectomy is recovering well, have a friend who recently suffered that, not comfortable at all, hope she can be back soon.

The referees website thing, Understandable, people put in their availabilities late, Marty has a hard job I think it's fair that he's a little dissappointed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred