• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 6 - CCM v Sydney FC @ Gosford

LFCMariners

I reckon we'll do Sydney in this one...

SFC have virtually carried on from the GF last season with barely a hitch and nobody seems to rate us in this one...which is exactly why I reckon we'll grab our first win for the season here.

*Bump*

What did I tell you?

Woe to all who doubted!

No way were there only 7,8k there last night- had to be 10k minimum, surely?

Were all over Sydney at the back, I can't recall a legitimate shot they had on goal for the entire second half. That's now 4 consecutive halves of football with a clean sheet, too :pirashoot:

Insertnamehere

Much happier with more direct play.
Even happier with okons response.
Couldn't see anyone who cared more than he. His dancing to Braithwaite leaves a lot to be desired though.....

Tevor

Watching the replay for the second time, we bossed the mid field and they just got pressed out of the game. When Wilko and Appiah had the head clash in injury time PO is giving it to Arnie becuase Arnie was screaming for a red card, priceless.

Big Al

Ok this hurts. Good game McGing. Egg was enjoyed.

I saw what Wombat said about him strengthening the backline. Especially on corners.

If he can play like that consistently it could be Storm Who but lets see consistency, this has been McGings specialty the one good two bad

Is slowly learning the attack side and linked well just needs to improve those crosses

Big Al

Absolutely brilliant win.

The resolve was the best bit. Sydney came out pissed and started strong in 2nd half. Thought here they come and we don’t like playing 2 good halves in the same game.

We got stuck in instead of wilting.

The best bit was there was 3 or 4 flying tackles from each team in one possession and finished with Wout getting a yellow for a strong challenge. Each tackle they went in on we matched them.

Great support by the crowd. The boys were digging in down to 10 and the crowd said we got you and started the Mariners chant and helped bring it home.

Big Al

Asdrubal hurt himself on the bicycle kick he tried to keep possession on a break in injury time. Was hobbling after that

Just saw a slow mo and they said it was a heel injury. He actually kicked himself doing the bicycle. Got straight up and motioned to be subbed

Last edited:

Big Al

Nothing been said but our man on the post in corners has cleared off the line in our last two games. Good to see the right setup in place

style_cafe

Ok this hurts. Good game McGing. Egg was enjoyed.

I saw what Wombat said about him strengthening the backline. Especially on corners.

If he can play like that consistently it could be Storm Who but lets see consistency, this has been McGings specialty the one good two bad

Is slowly learning the attack side and linked well just needs to improve those crosses
:popcorn:

Forum Phoenix

W
Arnies response to the loss , sign half the mariners team next season.

Ermm... everyone is ranking this as funny. I don’t even think that’s a joke.

Tommy’s contract should be extended ASAP. You hear his interview on the pod cast? This is a special player to have.

Forum Phoenix

Nothing been said but our man on the post in corners has cleared off the line in our last two games. Good to see the right setup in place
Yeah I was commenting on this at the game. We’re so much better at set pieces now, in every way, having wout and Baro and Golec and Tommy in there who all understand how to track and block runs and always compete.

And having Hoole to hit in genuinely dangerous balls on our own. Chalk and cheese to past 3 years.

JoyfulPenguin

Massive egg on face for me, didn't think McGing was A-League quality at right back but he has more than proved he is. If he can back this up against Adelaide's pacy wingers Storm will have a tough time getting back in.

Ozhammer

Yeah I was commenting on this at the game. We’re so much better at set pieces now, in every way, having wout and Baro and Golec and Tommy in there who all understand how to track and block runs and always compete.

And having Hoole to hit in genuinely dangerous balls on our own. Chalk and cheese to past 3 years.
What, you’re saying we don’t miss Monty’s corners? Say it isn’t so! :headbounce:

ccmjack

W

Ermm... everyone is ranking this as funny. I don’t even think that’s a joke.

Tommy’s contract should be extended ASAP. You hear his interview on the pod cast? This is a special player to have.
Trying to be sarcastic with my original post but 100% with SFC and Arnie nothing is sacred and we don’t have the cash they have , lock players up ASAP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred