• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 6 - CCM v Sydney FC @ Gosford

style_cafe

What an amazing night of Football!
It`s funny how you get that quiet feeling of confidence as the boys warm up.
I said to dad just before we kicked off, "mate we`re going to win this".
I could hear the Yellow Army & they seemed so much louder than any other game this season & from there the confidence just spread.

The game itself was just so exciting, edge of the seat stuff & when Hooley scored f..k! the crowd around us went wild.
There wasn`t a bad player on our side & to me, I think the boys found themselves (as a team) on Friday night.

I was particularly impressed with Baro, he had a great game. Tough, determined & courageous, he lead from the front.
Hoole, was awesome as was Brama & Tommy.
Golec & McGing also stood up & when McGing scored the second it was just like winning the grand final!!

It must be in the script though that the referee has to give the opposition a number of freekicks within scoring range & if that doesn`t work then we cop a red card. (deservedly though).
But that's when the Band came into there own & kicked us up another gear with there march around the eastern stand giving everyone there second wind to cheer the boys home. Absolutely sensational!! :shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap::shoutclap:

Pirate Pete

I rewatched the game on Saturday.
Baro's first yellow was for a handball. Much the same as one by Ninkovic in the first half that mysteriously only resulted in a free kick, not a yellow.

After we scored and Sydney were putting us under a bit of pressure we got a goal kick. BK called Wout over. Then when he took the goal kick
Wout was still inside the box. The goal kick was retaken and BK took forever over it. I'm sure it was a ploy to calm things down.

I thought Asdrubal was limping slightly before the scissor kick. But obviously the commentators wanted to make something of it.

I must admit I was quite tired and had had a couple of beers, but from what I remember of Wilkinsons post match interview he gave us
no praise whatsoever. "We couldn't play how we wanted, We're back at Sydney next week, we're good at home etc".

Okon at the end beating his chest
icon_lol.gif
.......PASSION...........
adore.gif

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What an amazing night. When the camera panned to Arnold in the 83rd minute...ohhh that look on his face, it was delicious.

Our defence, a whole other team. They were tight, they were marking, tracking back, covering each other, awesome! Our midfield has been our strength all season, and our attack is getting better and better. Still needs a bit more tightening up but we're starting to see what they're working on. There were still a number of times when they appeared not quite sure how to play off each other, but that just repetition, practice and experience.

We were by far the better team. We didn't play like a team who had lost/drawn every previous game. We played like absolute champions.

You know what though, I remember about 15 minutes on, I thought to myself 'you know what's amazing here? These boys actually believe they can win this match!!'. They didn't just come out firing, trying to make an early impression. This was different. They had genuine belief. NFI what Okon/Tommy H said to them before the game, but well done to them.

They also did well not to let their heads drop in the 2nd half in response to some of those refereeing decisions - they did start to lose their structure a little, but overall they did really well. That game, it was like watching the team we hoped we'd get this season. Really exciting. Okon's passion was fantastic. Crowd were nice and loud, really excited about it - anybody know the crowd number?

I rewatched the game on Saturday.
Baro's first yellow was for a handball. Much the same as one by Ninkovic in the first half that mysteriously only resulted in a free kick, not a yellow.

According to the LOTG, it's only a caution if it's breaking up an attack or attempting to score/deny a goal.

Understand this people - it doesn't make a difference how 'blatant' it is. Doesn't make a difference if the player jumps up and catches the ball in midair. If it's not breaking up an attack, it's not a caution.

Sorely misunderstood by players, but also misunderstood by referees - especially those who take the shithouse 'referee to the players rather than the laws' approach which the FFA seems to love at the highest levels. Baro's first wasn't going to an attacker so shouldn't have been a card. Ninkovic's, absolutely nailed on caution - it was headed straight for our winger. Disappointing.

But Bobo should have been sent for his disgusting late charge then feigned headbutt at one of our players.

Pirate Pete

Crowd was just under 8000.
I'd have to watch those handball incidents. But to me watching it at the ground and then again on TV I thought they were similar.
Similar enough that if one was a booking they were both booking.
As you say the Ninkovic was heading towards a player. I can't remember if the Baro one was or not.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

As you say the Ninkovic was heading towards a player. I can't remember if the Baro one was or not.
tbf, I don't think it was, but that's probably with the benefit on the TV camera. Probably looked like it to the ref, which I can accept, and when it's that blatant you're not going to look too hard to avoid the card :p

Forum Phoenix

Trying to be sarcastic with my original post but 100% with SFC and Arnie nothing is sacred and we don’t have the cash they have , lock players up ASAP.
No I got that you were making a well aimed barb.

I just think it’s actually serious. And probably even worse... If we have a great season and GA goes to Socceroos - as he will...

The bastards will make Okon an offer he can’t refuse and get him to take his best players and assistant with him - gutting the club once again. Club should be expecting this possibility and planning how to stop them.

Forum Phoenix

Massive egg on face for me, didn't think McGing was A-League quality at right back but he has more than proved he is. If he can back this up against Adelaide's pacy wingers Storm will have a tough time getting back in.
It’s not your fault JP. Very hard not to have your opinion heavily influenced by the past 2 years which is the sad thing about being thrown in so deep for a young player.

But now we finally get to enjoy the upside... no longer out of his depth,

Big Al

It’s not your fault JP. Very hard not to have your opinion heavily influenced by the past 2 years which is the sad thing about being thrown in so deep for a young player.

But now we finally get to enjoy the upside... no longer out of his depth,
He must back it up though, to often he has a decent game then a stinker.

However I think he benefits most from the stability Baro and Golec provide. He was an average player in a below average defence/team. Now he can just worry about his job and not everyone else stuffing up. Slowly learning his new position and offensively has a way to go but certainly adds steel to the defence

style_cafe

He must back it up though, to often he has a decent game then a stinker.

However I think he benefits most from the stability Baro and Golec provide. He was an average player in a below average defence/team. Now he can just worry about his job and not everyone else stuffing up. Slowly learning his new position and offensively has a way to go but certainly adds steel to the defence

Totally agree, although this was his second good game in succession.
I think he now has the guidance with Baro & Golec but he also has Hoole in front of him to open up the spaces & Brama in cover when he goes forward.

Every team has 3 basic groups of players:-Stars, Stocks & Lemons.
I think McGing will turn into a decent Stock player, he just needs a bit more time to develop.
In saying that, Roux must be watching very anxiously....:popcorn:

Fishsdad

Fishsmum and I have just returned from a week away - we were pretty much 'off the grid' with (just about) no access to TV, Radio, or the 'Net.

At the start of our time away we discussed what world shaking events may have taken place during our absence:
Would impeachment proceedings have started against Trump?
Would the vote for marriage equality result in the expected "Yes" outcome?
Would the Mariners be able to snare a point from SFC?​

No luck on the first, the expected outcome on the second, and THREE POINTS FOR THE MARINERS!!!

I've read through this thread, sounds like we missed the best game in > 3 years, with our boys outplaying the millionaires from down the road...(and we forgot to record it).

Thanks for all those that contributed to the thread, great to read the comments and opinions. Looking forward to tomorrow night vs Adelaide!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred