• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 6 - CCM v Sydney FC @ Gosford

Timmah

Hyundai A-League 2017/18 | Round 6
Central Coast Mariners v Sydney FC

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Friday 10 November 2017, kickoff 7:50pm AEDT

TV: Fox Sports 501
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 & ABC Grandstand

Match Officials
Referee: Adam Kersey
Assistant Referees: James Tesoriero & Matthew McOrist
Fourth Official: Ben Abraham
VAR: Strebre

CCM-A.png

CCM: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 9.ASDRUBAL, 10.Daniel De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16.Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 20.Adam PEARCE (gk), 21.Kye ROWLES, 23.Wout BRAMA
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 17.Josh BINGHAM (promoted) 21.Kye ROWLES (return from injury)
Outs: nil / Unavailable: 2.Storm ROUX (international duty – 2 weeks), 18.Tom GLOVER (gk) (shoulder injury – indefinite)

SYD-B.png

SYD: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (gk), 4.Alex WILKINSON, 5.Jordy BUIJS, 6.Josh BRILLANTE, 7.Michael ZULLO, 8.Paulo RETRE, 9.BOBÔ, 10.Milos NINKOVIC, 11.Adrian MIERZEJEWSKI, 13.Brandon O’NEILL, 14.Alex BROSQUE (c), 16.Anthony KALIK, 17.David CARNEY, 18.Matt SIMON, 20.Alex CISAK (gk), 22.Seb RYALL, 26.Luke WILKSHIRE, 30.Tom HEWARD-BELLE (gk)
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 11.Adrian MIERZEJEWSKI (promoted), 20.Alex CISAK (gk) (promoted)
Outs: Nil / Unavailable: 23.Rhyan GRANT (knee - indefinite)

------------------------------

Fixture History v Sydney FC (A-League)
Matches 37 / Sydney 18 / CCM 11 / Draws 4
Goals Scored 51 / Goals Conceded 85

Biggest Win: 7-2 at CCS, 2012/13 Round 5
Biggest Loss: 0-4 at Allianz, 2016/17 Round 2

Sydney at CCS: 17 times / CCM 6 / Sydney 6 / Draws 5

Last Met: 2016/17 R23, Allianz, lost 0-1

Form - Last Four (A-League)
CCM
| L D L D D
Sydney | W W D W W​

Last edited:

true believer

The question that needs to be asked . Is how bad a foul does carney have to commit before he recieves a yellow card ?

scottmac

Suspended
The officiating has been really poor. Carney should have been off last week as should have macarrone against us. Id love to see a breakdown of var decisions by club too. Would be interesting and daming.

Ozhammer

Feels strange supporting the Drive By’s but hate MV more and would love to stay above them on the table.
My own view of the Drive By’s has changed since Popovic left tbh, as I disliked his arrogance as much as I disliked the RBB’s. Sounds like he is getting his comeuppance in Turkey now though! :overheadl:

LFCMariners

I reckon we'll do Sydney in this one...

SFC have virtually carried on from the GF last season with barely a hitch and nobody seems to rate us in this one...which is exactly why I reckon we'll grab our first win for the season here.

Big Al

A League website says Rowles and Bingham added to the team.
Storm out for international duty and Glover shoulder injury indefinite

Could Rowles get Rosey spot against SFC. I doubt it. You’d prefer a different opponent to blood him. SFC would go after him big time.

Kennedy probably back in goals.

Big Al

I thought BK was fantastic on Sunday.
I thought he was ok and was lucky with the offside call on Maccarone as he definitely tripped him after the save. Sort of thing that fans can get mad at through frustration. Gets the call and no one talks about it.

His distribution wasn’t great but Glover isn’t perfect either.

He wasn’t bad. Seems to me we have two keepers on a similar level.

Ozhammer

I thought he was ok and was lucky with the offside call on Maccarone as he definitely tripped him after the save. Sort of thing that fans can get mad at through frustration. Gets the call and no one talks about it.

His distribution wasn’t great but Glover isn’t perfect either.

He wasn’t bad. Seems to me we have two keepers on a similar level.
Maccarone was looking for a penalty and was already falling before Kennedy reached for the ball, so in truth he should have been booked for simulation but the offside flag (luckily for him) prevented that. So that card when added to the yellow (at least) that he should have received for his forearm smash, would have seen him sent from the park.

The VAR is a bloody joke and as someone who has been quite vocal about the need to introduce technology into football, I am particularly disappointed with how it is failing to improve match management. Just watch how only the bigger teams get any benefit from it at the expense of smaller clubs like ours. I have no problem at all with a VAR decision going against us, if that is the correct outcome but to see it being applied so inconsistently, is becoming incredibly frustrating.

Holy

Interesting game.

It will to a degree, indicate where we are really at.

Hope Asdrubal is up for this one, would really like him to make a statement tonight

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred