• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 5 - Perth v CCM

Michael

f**k me that was frustratingly heart breaking. We deserved that point. The hardest point for any team this season away in Perth.

We rode our luck but got some luck in return.
I thought the formation worked, Millar was decent. Clisby played his first average game of the season.
Melling is the biggest liability in the league.

Michael

Rowles had Keogh in his pocket. He’s been brilliant in his defensive responsibilities so far. So not surprised he played well at CB

Navy and yellow

Agree Melling didnt play well 1st half but some of the guys bagging him out need to look at 2nd half again. He was much better than some are giving him credit for. May not have the technical ability but lots of heart and very willing.Made some very good solid tackles. While disappointed to lose in the last minute happier with that performance.

Offsider

Since when does being named in Thursday's provisional squad ensure they're playing on match day? It clearly says two to be omitted.

I’m sorry if my comment got up your nose ............ but once you outlay your bets and then get info that your fav player wasn’t even there.:fireup:

But it was a great display by the team ....... rode their luck but it is there to be ridden.

Ancient Mariner

Agree Melling didnt play well 1st half but some of the guys bagging him out need to look at 2nd half again. He was much better than some are giving him credit for. May not have the technical ability but lots of heart and very willing.Made some very good solid tackles. While disappointed to lose in the last minute happier with that performance.

No one is questioning his heart, it is his ability that is lacking.

Fadetoblack944

Positives for today were rowles,Millar and O'Neil. Negatives Ross, melling and Clisby. Fought hard but just switched off at times. We always look so shakey in defense and I am not sure how MMM is going to fix it. Not too mention our issues going forward

Timmah

I think the important thing is that we looked more like a team today, particularly as the game wore on, and the will to win was there.

Individual errors aside we're getting more competitive with each game.

Ozhammer

Are you his Dad?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Watching the replay of the last goal....I can't help but feeling like Matt Simon featured heavily in our defence becoming disorganised. Even on the play before, he was standing around looking like he didn't know what to do, then dropped back into the defensive line, one of the defenders told him what to do but Simon argued, so the other bloke moved across, so Simon dropped back into the back line but didn't track his defender, nor put any hustle on when the ball went past him, forcing our defensive line to slide across mid-cross. Which is probably why Clisby lost his player.

Pirate Pete

Where's Wombat?
he said he was going to get angry. I knew he'd fall asleep after the bottle of Shiraz.

As for the Mariners....FFS

Wombat

Melling is a flog

Wombat

Melling is not starting 11. Maybe i've said that 20 f**kING TIMES ALREADY!

Kennedy is f**king useless but what are we going to do with 2 x 15yo reserve grade keepers already.

You have too wonder about the f**king retards (Charlesworth) has employed in the past??

Fadetoblack944

Melling is not starting 11. Maybe i've said that 20 f**kING TIMES ALREADY!

Kennedy is f**king useless but what are we going to do with 2 x 15yo reserve grade keepers already.

You have too wonder about the f**king retards (Charlesworth) has employed in the past??
I think it's time to throw them in the deep end, give the young keepers a go. BK is past it, look at the last young keeper that came through our ranks.

Wombat

Compared with our last 2 floggings we were ok. Im not happy about 2 unmarkerd Glolry players at the back stick under zero pressure for the winning goal but we had a go for a change

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred