• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 5 - Perth v CCM

marinermick

The last thirty minutes from Melling didn't make up for his steaming pile of a first half.

In saying this this I really enjoyed his effort after getting the head wound. He seemed a man possessed and won every challenge. He was throwing himself crazily and it was fun to watch.

ccmjack

The team needs a head shrink ASAP they are in a bad place mentality at the moment and that last minute loss will be with them for a while. I think the coach is not bad and most of the players have the ability to win games but mentally they are weak. Hire the best sports shrink you can get and rebuild that winning culture back into the club.

Ozhammer

The team needs a head shrink ASAP they are in a bad place mentality at the moment and that last minute loss will be with them for a while. I think the coach is not bad and most of the players have the ability to win games but mentally they are weak. Hire the best sports shrink you can get and rebuild that winning culture back into the club.
THIS

The appointment of Andy Thompson could be key to our fortunes for the rest of the season, as he is apparently a bit switched on in the whole psychology area, as well as injury and fatigue management.

There was a lot more to be positive about from this game than the four that preceeded it but the key will be the coaching staff harnessing that for our match-up against Sydney.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Nash needs to be gone. Like, yesterday. Last week. Last fkn year.

If the coaching staff aren't held accountable, nothing will be.

Nash may have been a good keeper, but being a good player doesn't mean you're going to be a good coach.

We haven't had a single performing goalkeeper under him. How he's still employed I have no idea.
I i ve said it once , I’ve said it a million times Nash must have some info on someone at the club that stops him getting fkn sacked , there can be no other reason as to why that steaming pile of brain dead shit has kept the job his apparently signed a lifetime contract for ...fkn moron makes my head hurt

Offsider

I i ve said it once , I’ve said it a million times Nash must have some info on someone at the club that stops him getting fkn sacked , there can be no other reason as to why that steaming pile of brain dead shit has kept the job his apparently signed a lifetime contract for ...fkn moron makes my head hurt

So no xmas card for him this year then.

If this is like the positive thread .......... at least he is choosing the better of the three from what I have seen eh ???:popcorn:

ballantyne

Losing being the norm, we have to divide our losses into encouraging and discouraging. This one had elements of both but on balance encouraging. Perth are strong side deserving of top spot, while we with our win rate under 10% kept them working for 95 mins with a new formation. That surely shows the players can take coaching and rise to a challenge. O'Neill can kick a ball, we've got a left side for the first time in years.
At this rate I'd be confident of 9th place.

Manny_ccm

While true it was as a backup and after last year there is no way we should be going with Pearce as no2.

That is on Mulvey. He should have gone and got a proper no1 or proper competition
Arnie passed on Jamie Young and signed Reddy - 5 years of goalkeeping misery since...

Ancient Mariner

Mulvey had a lot of signings to make in a short time, and on a budget. Oar and McCormack were late additions.

I am hoping for a lot better next year when he has more up to date local experience. I expect there will be a few spaces.

scottmac

Suspended
The last thirty minutes from Melling didn't make up for his steaming pile of a first half.

In saying this this I really enjoyed his effort after getting the head wound. He seemed a man possessed and won every challenge. He was throwing himself crazily and it was fun to watch.
It was fun to watch but he has more than just defensive duties.

Offsider

While true it was as a backup and after last year there is no way we should be going with Pearce as no2.

That is on Mulvey. He should have gone and got a proper no1 or proper competition

He could have been relying on staff’s recommendations before he settled in.

Big Al

He could have been relying on staff’s recommendations before he settled in.
He was at the Newcastle game and Kennedy was considered ordinary when Mulvey was in the league with Roar.
No excuses on Kennedy and goal keeper for me

Tevor

This year will not be a top 6 finish therefore build for next year, seen enough of Millar to give him plenty of time this year. Would also like to see Murray get more time. Still think one game of Pearce not matter how bad he is might give Kennedy a wake up call. Rowles is one to hang onto and is getting better with every game. I can handle defeat if we have a solid plan for the future rather that than a quick one year band aid (not that this year is looking like a band aid so far). After last night game my Wife definitely knows who Melling is due to the expletives used every time he TRIED to pass a ball. How can you be HAL standard and not be able to pass the ball with at least 70% accuracy. He must be below 50% and no matter how he tackles it’s not good enough.

Offsider

Back to a positive - how GREAT was O'Neill's goal?
It was one of those goals where before he even hit the ball, you just knew that the planets were aligning.

And while we are on positives ........ hoole’s cnr kick that went straight to the first line of defense ........ but that hard that they had trouble controlling it stopped us getting stung on a counter :(

Forum Phoenix

On the game.

We’re a work in progress. But at least we actually are progressing imo.

Perth are a very good side this year. Tough and talented, they don’t give an inch on the park anywhere, ever. We fought hard in that game. For the first half, we were second best and just very lucky to be going in even, they were too good, but on the second, like others I thought we also ‘would have’ deserved our point.

Last goal was literally scored where Clisby had two to mark and you would expect Cisse to be. Poor organisation that ironically I think he would have sorted. Matty should have covered this position. In terms of zonal marking - that section was empty and a relatively easy goal resulted.

Ross - we know he needs to be fitter. But that will come. So my concern is that he may be someone who needs to be in dominant sides to activate his skills. He isn’t a striker who hustles and bustles to get himself involved, nor is the creatively flamboyant type or even a big target to hit... he ghosts / is clever, concentrated, and will hurt you if he gets that window (when sharp)... but right now agree with whoever said he’s a bit of a square peg in a round hole at present. But I’m still optimistic. Better combination play and understanding in our midfield will help. And there been a fair bit of change already as Mulvey learns more about his players.

Melling if only he could pass.

Millar impressed and proved in my mind that he has potential.

Oneil, cracker. Good game.

Rowles and Cisse (mostly second half) were very good.

Pain was strong again, whereas hoole struggled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred