• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 5 - Perth v CCM

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think it's time to throw them in the deep end, give the young keepers a go. BK is past it, look at the last young keeper that came through our ranks.
Agreed. I was left feeling that a competent keeper could have saved these goals.
Reflexes. Of a potato.

How he didn't save that last one is beyond me.

Wombat

He is a f**king mug.
Our reserve grade keeper, makes a f**king mug look good.
Our 3rd keeper and hopeful saviour is 12yo.
Nash and Pikey have REALLY fuccked us up this year in the GK stakes.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Nash needs to be gone. Like, yesterday. Last week. Last fkn year.

If the coaching staff aren't held accountable, nothing will be.

Nash may have been a good keeper, but being a good player doesn't mean you're going to be a good coach.

We haven't had a single performing goalkeeper under him. How he's still employed I have no idea.

Wombat

He was a shite keeper!!!
The hope was he could coach well above his actual level.

He has rubbish but Mikey probably liked him because he is williing to pass on his limited knowledge for minimum wage

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

He was a shite keeper!!!
The hope was he could coach well above his actual level.

He has rubbish but Mikey probably liked him because he is williing to pass on his limited knowledge for minimum wage

I honestly don't remember him as a keeper.

Point remains, he's incompetent. If coaches get turfed easily, why do ineffective coaching staff hang around like barnacles?

Wombat

Point remains, he's incompetent. If coaches get turfed easily, why do ineffective coaching staff hang around like barnacles?

Agree. he was a shit keeper and is a shit coach. Luckiest man alive or cheapest....which ticks all of pikey's boxes.

Antlion

Our weaknesses were glaring but I've got to say I am not unhappy with that performance and enjoyed watching.

The last minute was a leather gloved backhand to the face but against another team or on another day a pinched win was on the cards.

I think we now have something to work with. MM was clear he didn't know which was the formula for the 1st eleven but changing things up helped clarify a few things.

Cisse did get the ball cleanly for his 2nd yellow and I'd love to see the 1 match suspension overturned but I won't hold my breath. He'll be a huge hole against Sydney, and we can sorely afford that right now

Antlion

He was below Kennedy quality as a keeper...and Kennedy is unacceptable at A-league level.

We have work to do defensively clearly but a reasonable keeper would have kept us in it. Agreed that keeper and keeper coach need to go

turbo

I was wrong about the formation when it was discussed earlier, worked out better than I was expecting. That said it might have limited damage but seemed to cost us some of our spark in attack from previous weeks.

Cisse missing next game will hurt, you’d have to think Rowles will get pulled in to CB so Millar or Mcging might get a shot at RB.

What’s happening with Tom H? Is he injured or “injured” ?

Tevor

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, when Simon replaces Pain you could see Pain question why Golec wasn’t being replaced as he was on one leg. Then Cissé gets his second yellow and we are down to an injured Golec. Pain was right maybe bringing on a fresh McGing would have served us better than Simon. O’Neil seemed to grow with confidence after his goal, liked what I saw of Millar. Thought Ross was more effective in the wide role, at least he touched the ball more so was a success from that stand point. After five rounds we still look like a team where nobody knows each other, i’m growing inpatient as we are clearly the worst team in the league with the ball. Every team looks so much more fluid and holds possession 100% better than us. Enough has been said about Melling, Golec is also lucky to be keeping his spot. Hopefully Aspro is ready as we need him this Saturday at least on the bench.

Ancient Mariner

Ok, I have now calmed down and last night's wine is out of the system.

Last night we started the game without confidence but throughout developed some belief, which showed towards the end. This I think is of great importance because instead of talking about belief which the team has been doing they started to show some. The first step.

I liked the 3 at the back. We have 3 centre backs, let's play three centre backs. The problem is at this stage is we only have one full back in Clisby, maybe Miller will grow into a second one or McGing will come in, but he seems out of favour.

We desperately need another DM alongside O'Neil. I fear for Tommy with his groin strain. Once again, maybe McGing?

On the wing Paine is good, maybe Oar can find some fitness and form.

At the moment the starting side consists of 3 centre backs (one to be suspended), one fullback, one DM, one winger, and a quality striker who is looking like a square peg in a round hole.

It will be interesting to see how MM fills in the gaps.

We are so far away from looking anything like a balanced team it is not funny and last night still looked like a squad in early pre season, but we knocked the form side off balance.

I did see the start of the spirit Mulvey talks about and wants to redevelop and a glimmer of hope for the future. I do not see hope for the final six but I did see the rebuilding of the foundations for the club.

It is still a long difficult road ahead.

looking forward to it.

Big Al

Ok, I have now calmed down and last night's wine is out of the system.

Last night we started the game without confidence but throughout developed some belief, which showed towards the end. This I think is of great importance because instead of talking about belief which the team has been doing they started to show some. The first step.

I liked the 3 at the back. We have 3 centre backs, let's play three centre backs. The problem is at this stage is we only have one full back in Clisby, maybe Miller will grow into a second one or McGing will come in, but he seems out of favour.

We desperately need another DM alongside O'Neil. I fear for Tommy with his groin strain. Once again, maybe McGing?

On the wing Paine is good, maybe Oar can find some fitness and form.

At the moment the starting side consists of 3 centre backs (one to be suspended), one fullback, one DM, one winger, and a quality striker who is looking like a square peg in a round hole.

It will be interesting to see how MM fills in the gaps.

We are so far away from looking anything like a balanced team it is not funny and last night still looked like a squad in early pre season, but we knocked the form side off balance.

I did see the start of the spirit Mulvey talks about and wants to redevelop and a glimmer of hope for the future. I do not see hope for the final six but I did see the rebuilding of the foundations for the club.

It is still a long difficult road ahead.

looking forward to it.
Even Ross waa putting in for the last 10mins. He was pushing hard in defence to hold for the draw. We believed as you said as the game wore on but that kick in the guts goal really hurt. When you loose playing like crap it’s what you get but when you try to change that attitude and cop a finish like that it really hurts. You saw Mulvey face as the goal went in. Oh no you’re kidding me. He knows that was a performance to build off but can the boys recover from blow after blow and especially as they put the effort in last night.

I has happy to see them have a crack.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
have to say we had some rather grouse minutes while attacking the shed end....and as for Oneill goal, almost off the heel of his boot no less
Millar done OK . Kye once again stood up...fkn Melling how can he be the best replacement for Tommy H , FFS , he should of been yanked at half time and J Muzz should of replaced him then instead of coming on to play right back,the same J Muzz,who by the way, had more shots at goal than fkn McCormack, who has got to realise he aint at City anymore, no one here has the nouse to get the ball to him the way his use to...still, we should of got a point out of that ...fkn Gillett , and worse still if the VAR got involved fkn KGJ was up there , we was bollocksed from the off....did i mention we should of got the point

Big Al

Melling. Mulvey said somewhere might have been the pod he likes a more aggressive DM. I think he values Mellings bite.
The problem is his possession and passing are hit and miss. He can do some good stuff just way to many ordinary things to go with it. He gives his all but sometimes thats not enough

Wombat

I was very happy with Millar and Rowles.

O'Neill's finish was beautiful. He really should have been pushing into that space already looking for that ball but that finish will give him the confidence to put himself in the possies to make things happen.
We are improving.
I'd try McGing rather than Melling if Tom is not right. (P.S. Tell Tom to book in with Kitty at East Gosford Thai Massage and she will hopefully have him right for the weekend).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred