• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 4 - CCM v Victory @ Gosford (Pink Day)

Wombat

Will be coming to the game tired and cranky after (hopefully) finishing the refurb of Wyong Thai Massage. 3 points would set me up very nicely for the week.
COYY.
I think Austin will choke more than his ABC interview if they play him as a lone striker. If it all comes together we could batter them.

Forum Phoenix

I think we’re a good side. Who has paid a high price for a few lapses,while playing a risky high line, worsening once we tire.

I know we all know this. Which is the point. When you can pin point exactly what’s been going wrong - how to fix it is possible and probable.

Victory are never easy but I think we will make a good showing. There’s some real quality in our side now. And it’s easy to focus on Okons mistakes which is a pity when I think you can clearly see there’s a whole lot he’s actually getting right aswell.

Looking forward to the game! COYY

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

So which team are we going to see for 90m tonight?
Last week's first half team with bonus shots on goal added?
Or last week's 2nd half team?
I'm happier not going into this game with hope. The lack of structure in the 2nd half last week concerns me with MV's midfield - still concerned about probing our defence and exploiting their weaknesses. Okon better lift his sub game too.
I wonder who will be omitted.
Reckon the boys will be hungry for a win.

Forum Phoenix

I’m optimistic. Think we’ve shown some excellent signs and promise. Hands down better than the past 3 years imho. And Berisha out is a huge plus.

Last edited:

Big Al

So which team are we going to see for 90m tonight?
Last week's first half team with bonus shots on goal added?
Or last week's 2nd half team?
I'm happier not going into this game with hope. The lack of structure in the 2nd half last week concerns me with MV's midfield - still concerned about probing our defence and exploiting their weaknesses. Okon better lift his sub game too.
I wonder who will be omitted.
Reckon the boys will be hungry for a win.
Last year we were a one half team and not much has changed.

If i were Victory I’d sit back for first 30mins and absord our fast start then go. Looks for lots of long balls to Barbarouses and Austin

We have a poor record against Victory. Time to change that.

Hoole back in will we use Pain much after a good game last week? Seems if Hoole plays then we play middle and right and if not its middle and left like last week

Ozhammer

I am just hoping that after his much-improved display last week, Pain doesn't go missing against the Victory like he seemed to when playing against them last season.

MrCelery

We're bottom of the table, so it's a stretch to call us a good side.

I'd rather be less 'pretty' and more effective.

I worry that Victory will kick us off the park 'Muscat-style', with the officials favouring them (as per usual).

COYY, surprise me.

Forum Phoenix

We're bottom of the table, so it's a stretch to call us a good side.

I'd rather be less 'pretty' and more effective.

I worry that Victory will kick us off the park 'Muscat-style', with the officials favouring them (as per usual).

COYY, surprise me.

You can still be a good side and sit bottom, 3 games in. But I get results are what matter so I’m not going to defend them. But I do believe we look genuinely capable of beating anyone this year. I’m taking positives from that.

Fix the high line issues, be a bit more ruthless in front of goals, and we definitely look top six or better imo.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Agree strongly about getting kicked off the park - and other side getting away with it has hurt us a lot in the past 3 seasons as the refs have not protected us or shown an even hand.

Pirate Pete

on twitter now

DNRf6yWU8AAubVa.jpg

shipwreck

Pain already looks rattled, why does he go in his shell... It's been years since Victory dropped you, get over it.

Storms crossing poor, getting into good positions but not good enough so far.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Pity about Roux. He was linking up really well with Hoole - crossing was terrible though. Really liking Hoole. Golec and Baro holding the middle better, though Victory are still winning the ball a lot at corners, they definitely hold an advantage there.

I feel like we're better across the midfield, but we are still lacking in the finishing - and MV look more dangerous in the finishing.

Feel like we're playing a bit cagey, but that's fine - back to basics after the first few weeks.

Have the Yellow Army turned up for this game? Can't hear a thing from them...
Pearce the keeper?
Kennedy having a rest after his outing the yesterday?
that's disappointing....wonder what that's about?
still worried about our sub game looking at that bench :p

Do we seriously not have anybody else we can call up to sit on the bench?

shipwreck

I really rate Golec tonight... He has broken up plat and covered a sub par Rose numerous times tonight, plus he builds up the play and splits them from the back very nicely.

Well done Pain, now coast off this confidence please!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred