• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 4 - CCM v Victory @ Gosford (Pink Day)

Woollybutt

Massive dive from Troisi, hit the post twice, Storm kicked in his plate, surely something has to go our way eventually.

scottmac

Suspended
That was a good performance for mine. Tighter at the back. Poor Rose didn't have a great day. Turned it over a heap and caught out of position few times. Roux in great position many times but just lacked quality in the delivery.
Better side and really deserved to win that. Appiah will be kicking himself missing that open goal. Hurts when it takes a set piece to break a line that's been so leaky.

Wombat

I really rate Golec tonight... He has broken up plat and covered a sub par Rose numerous times tonight, plus he builds up the play and splits them from the back very nicely.

Well done Pain, now coast off this confidence please!!

Golec was hot and cold. Almost cost us a goal in first 30 secs. For me it's time for Rowles to get a go.

Wombat

We got out of jail and actually dominated once Appiah came on.
Pretty at times but very dumb at others.
Pain's goal was excellent. His strike against the woodwork superb.
DeSilvas miss was way worse than Appi who at least hit the target.
The Spanish striker has a lot of quality but I don't see him scoring a hatful.

Wombat

So now our back line isn't getting torn apart by long range passes you want to drop a player and put a new player in? k bud

Melbourne could have had 5 or 6. Baro and Golec improved but they were coming of a very low base.
Baro was the best of the back 4 for me but they are still shakey as. We probably looked better structured once Storm went off.

Pirate Pete

We got out of jail and actually dominated once Appiah came on.
Pretty at times but very dumb at others.
Pain's goal was excellent. His strike against the woodwork superb.
DeSilvas miss was way worse than Appi who at least hit the target.
The Spanish striker has a lot of quality but I don't see him scoring a hatful.

Okon should tell him to use his skills and get on with it. I can see a ref getting pissed off
with and sending him off. He was spoken to before and after being booked.

Ozhammer

Spoke to Powell post game and he is super hungry to get into the action. Reckon he could make a difference in games where Asdrubal is struggling and has to be a better option than Bingaz.

Also spoke to Rosebud post game and really feel for him atm, reckon he might have gone alright at RB and would certainly have provided a more cultured option than our No.4.

Really pleased for Pain this evening and was more than a little surprised that he got subbed and not Hoole for Appiah. He was pumped post game to have scored against his former club, so hopefully he will begin to push on from here.

As disappointed as I was not to take all three points tonight, last week's game would have been in everyone's mind and sometimes you have to respect the point.

JoyfulPenguin

Spoke to Powell post game and he is super hungry to get into the action. Reckon he could make a difference in games where Asdrubal is struggling and has to be a better option than Bingaz.

Also spoke to Rosebud post game and really feel for him atm, reckon he might have gone alright at RB and would certainly have provided a more cultured option than our No.4.

Really pleased for Pain this evening and was more than a little surprised that he got subbed and not Hoole for Appiah. He was pumped post game to have scored against his former club, so hopefully he will begin to push on from here.

As disappointed as I was not to take all three points tonight, last week's game would have been in everyone's mind and sometimes you have to respect the point.
Cheers for insider info Oz!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Wouldn't be a CCM game if we didn't get screwed by the ref. Aside from their goal we should've had a pen.

Overall I thought everybody did well. I actually thought Rose had a good game, made some critical tackles and read play well. Hoole is going to be a key player. Roux...good except for his crossing game. Our defence was certainly improved. Even the subs didn't cause me rage!

Honestly, the only player I felt didn't pull their weight was Asdrubal.....and so far this season I'm feeling very underwhelmed by him. He was supposed to be the answer to our attacking questions, and he's being anything but.

What's going to hurt us this season is that we can't score - unfortunately we seem to lack firepower up front.

Glad to see Pain scored - it was a quality goal too, good ball control, kept a level head.

Fishsdad

Oh yes. Crooked as a $100 Rolex.

None of us could realistically blame the ref. MV could just as easily have had a penalty in the first half as we could have in the second.

And anyone that thinks the free (from which they scored) was not really a free kick is even more one-eyed than me. If it was a Mariners player that went down on the edge of the box to the same tackle from a MV defender and the ref DID NOT award a free kick, every supporter in the stand would have accused him of cheating. No doubt the ref got a few calls wrong, but they went both ways.

In the end we were the better side and deserved to win, but it was NOT the ref that cost us the three points.

Yoda

Has Absurdal taken an actual shot this season? He scored off his shin first game, bounced off his thigh second game, then fell over in front of an open goal against Perth. I can’t remember him hitting an actual shot yet. Underwhelming for me thus far.

NoDiggity

Can we take a moment to appreciate how well tom glover played tonight? always there to block the shot, great distribution of the ball. For the first time in a few years I feel we've got a safe set of hands in front of goal.

Ancient Mariner

Thought Asdrubal had a good game tonight. His first appeal to the ref was fair enough, he got smacked across the chops. He never stopped trying and Yoda in case you were asleep he has scored a couple of goals.
Hirariej was superb as was Danny. Both worked their buts off for 90mins.

Paine was subbed because he was starting to cramp up.

Felt for Josh having to mark Leroy George, that guy is all class.

I was most happy that we finished all over them. I was also happy to see the change of tactics in attack, after playing through the centre most of the game we then switched to playing wide and Victory struggled.

I still think we will click soon and go on a long unbeaten run.

Do not forget Victory is supposed to be one of the two top sides in this comp. After a slow start we outplayed them.

Ancient Mariner

Can we take a moment to appreciate how well tom glover played tonight? always there to block the shot, great distribution of the ball. For the first time in a few years I feel we've got a safe set of hands in front of goal.

I thought Tom had a great game, however his distribution was extremely slow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred