• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 4 - CCM v Victory @ Gosford (Pink Day)

Timmah

R4-CCMMVC.png

Match officials
Referee: Adam Fielding
Assistant Referees: James Tesoriero & Andrej Giev
Fourth Official: Ben Abraham
VAR: STREBRE!

CCM-C.png

CCM: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 9.ASDRUBAL, 10.Daniel De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 13.Kwabena APPIAH, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c), 16. Liam ROSE, 17.Josh BINGHAM, 18.Tom GLOVER (gk), 23.Wout BRAMA
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 7.Andrew HOOLE (return from suspension), 14.Adam BERRY (promoted)
Outs: Nil / N/A: 21.Kye ROWLES (knee – 1 week)

MVC-B.png

MVC: 1.Matt ACTON (gk), 2.Jason GERIA, 4.Rhys WILLIAMS, 5.Mark MILLIGAN, 6.Leigh BROXHAM, 8.Besart BERISHA, 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES, 10.James TROISI, 11.Mitch AUSTIN, 14.Thomas DENG, 18.Matias SANCHEZ, 19.Pierce WARING, 20.Lawrence THOMAS (gk), 21.Carl VALERI (c), 22.Stefan NIGRO, 23.Jai INGHAM, 31.Christian THEOHAROUS, 41.Leroy GEORGE
**two to be omitted**

Ins
: 19.Pierce WARING (promoted), 31.Christian THEOHAROUS (promoted)
Outs: Nil / N/A: 17.James DONACHIE (quad)

------------
Fixture History v Melbourne Victory (A-League)
Matches 37 / Victory 19 / Mariners 9 / Drawn 9
Goals Scored 50 / Goals Conceded 65

Biggest Wins
4-0 at Etihad, 2009/10 Round 14
6-2 at Central Coast, 2012/13 Round 22

Biggest Losses
0-3 at North Sydney, 2014/15 Round 9
0-3 at Central Coast, 2009/10 Round 18
0-3 at Etihad Stadium, 2008/09 Round 20
2-5 at Central Coast, 2007/08 Round 18
1-4 at AAMI Park, 2016/17 Round 12
0-3 at Central Coast, 2016/17 Round 20

Victory record at Gosford
Matches 17 / Mariners 6 / Losses 3 / Drawn 8

Last Meeting
2016/17 Round 27, AAMI Park, lost 0-1

Form (A-League)
Mariners L D L
Victory L L D​

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
I'm really looking forward to this. Hoole back so a full strength line up.
I think we'll get the defence right and be much tighter at the back. Asdrubal back to normal along with Hiarjei.
I wonder what chances seeing Powell on the bench

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If our defence sorts itself out it should be an open, fast game - though after last week I worry about our fitness. Midfield are going to be so important in this one.
If our defence hasn't improved, we're going to be in a lot of trouble.
Berisha has been cited for the push on the 4th official so hopefully he'll be suspended. Bet he won't be.
Look forward to seeing Hoole in action.

scottmac

Suspended
Id say it will pretty hard not to suspend berisha for at least one match. No matter the circumstances you can't touch the officials.
He's been referred without suggesting what the punishment should be which does worry. Usually that's reserved for lengthy bans resulting from really malicious fouls such as the snakes head butt. This just doesn't fall into that category IMO.

MrCelery

Not looking forward to this one. Victory has massive pace up front. WIll easily unpick our high line defence.

Berisha will not be suspended for two reasons - it's Berisha, and it's Victory. Both are FFA-certified protected species.

scottmac

Suspended
That pace didn't help them in pre season as we didn't play as high as we have been. Okon will get the balance right this week. I'm tipping a clean sheet and 3 goals. Back at home and things are going to start to click.
As for berisha its not a player hes pushed. He'll go for at least one.

MrCelery

This is the current range of disciplinary codes:

Disciplinary%20Codes%20-%20Referee.jpg

FFA have already minimised Berisha's offence by deeming it only worthy of a Code 10. Now watch them scramble for excuses to avoid Code 10 as well.

Last edited:

Tevor

Probably fits Code 10 the best though, I'm starting to think they will make an example of him. Wouldn't be the first time Bes has coped a good suspension.

McGr1m3

So I'm expecting Hoole back in & Rowles may be a chance as may Powell. Were starting to get the pressure we need on the first 11.

Same starting side as Vs Wanderers is my bet.

scottmac

Suspended
This is the current range of disciplinary codes:

Disciplinary%20Codes%20-%20Referee.jpg

FFA have already minimised Berisha's offence by deeming it only worthy of a Code 10. Now watch them scramble for excuses to avoid Code 10 as well.
The fact they've put it as code 10 says the match official made an obvious error in giving him the yellow. Should have been red.

scottmac

Suspended
I think the fact that the 4th official instigated contact with berisha and sustained it for longer than required has saved his bacon.

Wombat

Victory didn't look good last weekend. Drive boys were better than Sydney FC and we should have beaten them. We can win this!

Reactions: adz

scottmac

Suspended
The max he can get is 4 matches. Mandatory 1 (because its a red card offence, not sure what they do there) plus 3 games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred