• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 27 - F3 Derby #44, @ Gosford

Big Al

Not on this seasons form!

I like Rosey alot. Good player in his day and a nice guy. Probably played 2 years too many...................... but who wants to retire early.
When Paul offered him a contract he probably thought is this a G Up.

Josho Howe

I am pretty gutted for Rosey. A fantastic servant to our club who deserved a hell of a lot better than losing 8-2 in his last game. Also a shame his speech was to a 3/4 empty ground.

Big Al

Who ever came up with the idea of wearing a black strip. Genius

Then to start the game two
Hours before the jets were ready. Great thinking

That other game after wasn’t much chop. Feel for their supporters

Last edited:

Big Al

In Kennedy’s defence he did stand with his brethren for Rosey’s speech.

I cottoned on 3/4 through. Why is Kennedy standing with the Jets:eek: lucky for him two jets players were standing near Melling on our side otherwise I would have jumped the fence and punched him.

Big Al

The joys of being a keeper. Really who would ever want that job.

When he hurt his thumb picking the ball out from the back of the net, he was getting strapped up and every Player in yellow and blue stripes (they weren’t Mariners that’s for sure) just stood at halfway. Not one player was concerned about him. They all blew up at him for conceeding (rightly so) but they shouldn’t have allowed the shot.

Right then the spirit that most of them don’t have came shining through. In there minds he was embarrassing them when they were doing a mighty fine job themselves. No team spirit. Maybe he’s the designated driver and gets the shits with them every sat night who knows but that’s not a team i like supporting

Last edited:

Big Al

To the 14 yellow bellies (two with Jerk blood) who did everything in their power to hold on to that wooden spoon with all their might I wouldn’t go to Tuggerah or Erina for a while if i were you. If Izzo thought he had it rough I’d love to hear what you blokes get.

At what point do we stop blaming MC and start with these pathetic imposters who we all know could do it when they wanted to

LFCMariners

The thing that's been playing on my mind most has been my (so far) undocumented keys. Hundreds of games across several codes over the years and I've never left them behind before...

To put my mind at ease, I went for a long walk this afternoon. Terrigal and the Avoca's were windy but beautiful. An area like this deserves a kick-arse football team to match. Who wouldn't want to live here and play on Brisbane Water?

Thing is, I don't know whether last nights' game was a bad thing or a good thing. It may sound unusual, but it's too early to give it any context. If last night gives Mulvey the extra motivation to march players he was on the fence about- and gives Charlesworth the nudge to be as concerned with the team NOW compared to the team that's meant to develop when the COE is finished? It'll be a good thing. If nothing changes and we've got more games like last night to look forward to next season, then it's definitely a bad thing. You'd like to think people wouldn't be stupid enough to think kicking out one poorly-performing regional team to admit another regional team was a positive for the game, but for every specimen you see in the RBB or the Squadron you've got to remember there are another 3 people just like them out there...

I know bashing Charlesworth is the 'in' thing, but it's not Charlesworth's fault CCM threw away 2 points against a City team down to 10 men for over 45 minutes of football. Or coughed up a 2-0 lead AND were outplayed for the last 15 minutes against an Adelaide team down to 10 men. Or served up the spineless garbage last night. If money was all a club needed to be successful on-field then the Premiership/ GF race would be an all Sky-Blue affair every season. In the early days, CCM had less to spend on players than near every other team in the league- but that didn't seem to stop CCM being a major player in the finals during the eras of Lawrie and then Arnie.

This club lucked out with managers in the early days. Sure since then Moss, Walmsley and (maybe) Okon were all duds, but every club has/ has had duds- even the rich ones. Frank Farina, Jim Magilton, John Aloisi anyone?

My point is that in the end, it wouldn't matter if City beat the Nix 8-0 and we beat the Jest 1-0. It'd only be a bandaid on a critical wound. Last night was simply an ugly summary of what's been evident at this club for most of the past 3 seasons. Meeting the cap floor would be nice, but it's going to start (and finish) with attitude. I hope Mulvey turns out to be as good as his early soundbites indicate- unlike the last 3 managers, he's actually won a GF in this league, remember. I'm pretty sure Roar fans would have him back over their current manager in a heartbeat, which has to be a small positive.

I won't call finishing 7th or 8th next year success if there's just a few more teams worse than CCM. This club wasn't built on saying "At least we weren't the worst team in the league". It was built on being "The little team that could" and taking a "Why not?" approach to every game. That came down to the mentality of the players (and coach) more often than the raw ability. I want to see ATTITUDE. ACCOUNTABILITY. PRIDE. PURPOSE. If Charlesworth finds his wallet, that'd be the cherry on top. And might lead me to regard last night like the Roar GF- a game that left a bad taste in the mouth but (ultimately) was the making of this club, mentally, and paved the way for good things in the following few seasons...

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Who ever came up with the idea of wearing a black strip. Genius

Then to start the game two
Hours before the jets were ready. Great thinking

That other game after wasn’t much chop. Feel for their supporters
Yeh i couldn’t believe they didn’t wear their red home strip too...I mean, was it that big a deal CCM

priorpeter

I sat in bay 16 tonight and want to give huge credit to PP, Eggy, Jimmy and crew who tried so hard and sang proud even though the players were disgracing themselves. You guys are legends and make me proud to be a Mariners fan. I hope and pray that PP and the boys stay solid. The turds on the pitch are another story.

Thanks bud - appreciate the kind words.

I decided some time ago that, from a match day leadership perspective, I will be stepping back. Time for someone else to have a crack and try and grow the bay back to what it was. I’m looking forward to taking my place at the back of the bay!

Wombat

I decided some time ago that, from a match day leadership perspective, I will be stepping back. Time for someone else to have a crack and try and grow the bay back to what it was. I’m looking forward to taking my place at the back of the bay!

As long as you are there coz they need leaders!

I'd like to say thanks and well done for the leadership you have shown over the years

JoyfulPenguin

You've done a terrific job for the club in some tough times mate, we've been tremendously lucky to have you. Always brightened me up to see you down in Melbourne and brought much needed energy and some terrific and create chants. The way you have gone about things has always been top notch, unlike the squabbling children we called leaders at Yarraside.

greenlig

The pointy bit down the bottom. A little town called Snug (yes, that really is the name) on the Channel Highway, south of Margate and north of Kettering.
Which end are you?
I stayed in a CWA house in Snug for a few nights in '98, and my aunt has a vinyard in Kettering! I'm from the other end, up past Launceston, right in the top right corner. Little town called HerrIck, population of 34 :)

priorpeter

You've done a terrific job for the club in some tough times mate, we've been tremendously lucky to have you. Always brightened me up to see you down in Melbourne and brought much needed energy and some terrific and create chants. The way you have gone about things has always been top notch, unlike the squabbling children we called leaders at Yarraside.

Thanks man - I really appreciate the kind words! It’s been a blast, through the good times and bad, and I wouldn’t trade it. I’ll still be around. I will definitely be doing another couple of Melbourne away trips next season too.

Forum Phoenix

I’ll keep saying until I’m blue in the face, Liam should be played A ten,further up the park than he currently is. His skill set is good control, passing and awareness of what is around him, therefore he will always be unsuited to the DM role, as the needs of that position are very different. If someone bothered to put the effort into working with him off the pitch, I believe he could become an effective AM or No.10.

We are never likely to see the best of him in the way he is being played at present.

I agree, He has zero hope as DM imo. At #10 with enough work... maybe.

But also agree...
Does he have the vision to play through a packed defence though? Lachie Wales and Danny De Silva both have the instinct for a defence splitting pass but I'm not too sure about Liam. When ever he gets pressed he seems to just hoof it up field.
He has a long way to go.

He should be playing state league. Simply too soft for this level.

And I think this is the simple honest truth for now. We'd be crazy to keep him and develop him as a ten. What other team in the HAL would? And he lacks the key attributes of a real DM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami