• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 27 - F3 Derby #44, @ Gosford

marinermick

Not sure I understand what you're getting at there Mick. However "expenses" is a well-known way to rort salary caps - you put the base salary in the cap report and feed the player extra money through expenses and cars and such. Are you suggesting that CCM reports inflates its salary cap report for the league by including the expenses, rather than excluding them as eg Melbourne Storm did?

That is exactly what I am saying. This results in a greater disparity between our club and others. Until all the disparities are met we will not be a consistently competitive team.

Also remember that De Silva was moved into the cap from marquee status. $350K of his $500K wage was paid by Roma. Essentially if you look at the actual wage bill that Mike has forked out (not including things like agent fees and relocation expenses) it is well below the cap.

We might meet the requirements of staying above the cap floor but plenty of the Fox subsidy (which pays over 100% of the cap) is going to other expenses.

ballantyne

Is there any material difference to the player whether the money is paid as salary, of which some must then go to car dealers and real estate agents, or paid partly as salary with those services provided "FOC"? Also, could the club more easily achieve certain goals such as having players live locally by directing players' remuneration like this? Could these immature men in fact perform better at sports if this kind of business was dealt with by the club? I guess I'm not fully on board with this wage-bill = success phenomenon.

marinermick

Is there any material difference to the player whether the money is paid as salary, of which some must then go to car dealers and real estate agents, or paid partly as salary with those services provided "FOC"? Also, could the club more easily achieve certain goals such as having players live locally by directing players' remuneration like this? Could these immature men in fact perform better at sports if this kind of business was dealt with by the club? I guess I'm not fully on board with this wage-bill = success phenomenon.

Ever since our wage has been cut drastically have we had success?

In that time we have churned through three coaches and onto our fourth.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. We are in a repeat cycle. There is no change.

LFCMariners

*NOTE TO SELF, FROM FUTURE ME*

Let them laugh. Believe me, there will be plenty more reasons for you to laugh at them in the seasons to come. They can laugh at you clutching the wooden spoon, but one day you will be clutching valuable silverware and priceless lumps of concrete- trust me on that last one ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami