• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 24 v Sydney FC @ Grahame Park

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I was just thinking - given the circumstances I'd have more questions to ask as a SFC fan than i do as a CCM fan- despite being down 1-0... f**k THAT SHIRTS OFF 1-ALL!!!
It's hilarious that we're they're bogey team.
But yeah.....given what a bunch of grubs SFC are and that twat of a coach, I love watching them implode. It's looking increasingly likely that they might choke in the finals.
Of course, Newie may win instead...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

that should also have been a penalty.....

Actually, upon another watch, I think I'm okay with it, I think there's enough of a touch on the ball that he gets away with it....

Last edited:

Gratis

With everything that has happened I'm not unhappy with the effort etc by the end of the game. It's a massively sucky way to lose though. Ffs

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I mean - that could have been so much worse
Overall I think we did pretty well. The game was end-to-end, we had a lot of ball and a lot of attacks. We clearly have no idea what to do with the attacks, but that comes down to the squad we have. It stings to lose in the final minutes, but against the comp leaders?
We can hold our heads high.
Especially with a highly disruptive week.

Insertnamehere

Mat simon can FK right off. I've had sympathy for him for getting flicked by which ever manager we had at the time but for him to run over and kiss the SFC badge, he can FK right off.

Spacks

It's not like Simon left of his own accord, we let him go. I can't imagine just how hard that must have been for him, probably as heart breaking as it is seeing him run over to the Sydney fans after burying us in the last minute of the game.

Insertnamehere

It's not like Simon left of his own accord, we let him go. I can't imagine just how hard that must have been for him, probably as heart breaking as it is seeing him run over to the Sydney fans after burying us in the last minute of the game.
Like I said whatever manager released him. Wasn't the supporters now was it.

nebakke

f**k him he's clearly sky blue to the core now. This club f**king made him and the fans supported him blindly. He's burned through whatever goodwill i had with that celebration - can f**k right off down there and stay there when he's done...

LFCMariners

Hopefully the clubs' fortunes turn around from here. Tonights' loss is on me. Well not me, but the "curse jersey" I wore...

The "curse jersey" is the 2009-10 home strip I got for my birthday back in '09 and all the times I've ever worn it since, I only recall winning ONCE (a 3-1 win against an understrength GCU- that's how long it's been). Apart from that? Nothing aside from losses and draws against shit teams we should've beaten.

I wore it to the Roar GF and I remember, with 5 minutes to go, thinking "Hey, maybe wearing this isn't a curse after all?"

F**King lol...

Since Orange Sunday #1, I've never worn it. Gave it to Mum once to wear- and we drew the Roar 3-3 at home with some rubbish defending.

Tonight I figured was win-win: either we draw more than 3 points clear of the Nix, or SFC virtually extinguish the Scum's chances of winning the Plate. So I dug out the curse jersey and wore it..

But to lose like THAT- to an arsey header deep into injury time from none other than that pasty Penisula prick?

F**k that. As somebody on the CAFF Fb page said: "Simon was unbelievably extremely extraordinarily severely very very humongously lucky to get that in". And if I'd worn my Season 1 CCM shirt or ANYTHING ELSE- we'd have kept them to a draw- or maybe even a win? If I'd worn it back at at the 2013 GF, McBreen misses that penalty and a penalty is awarded against us for Pedj's handball- and then a high-lights reel special from Shinji Ono sinks us in the 120th minute of extra time. You better believe it...

After the FT whistle I went into the dunnies, took the curse jersey off and stuffed it into a bin at the entrance. When I came out, it was gone. I went home shirtless and not the least bit ashamed.

I hope whoever took that jersey burns it.

We should get a win against the Roar or the Jest now. The curse is gone. You heard it here first.

Last edited:

pjennings

Question for the referees on the forum. With Sydney's first goal Ninkovic was onside. Bobo was never onside. Did Bobo do enough 'interfering with play' blocking Liam coming across in cover?:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred