• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Adelaide v CCM @ Coopers

Forum Phoenix

I'd love to have seen what might have happened had he not sustained that injury in the early rounds. He was playing quite well, IMO, prior to that.

I think that disrupted him - but the latter rounds really showed up his lack of pace and ability imo.

scottmac

Suspended
. i'd love to know how much it would have cost us to keep him ... and how different our total player spend would have been compared to the path we took
The worst thing is that the rumor was it would have cost us another 100k a season on top of what we were already offering. Without Asdrubal and with him we'd probably still be under the cap by 6 figures at a guess.

JoyfulPenguin

The worst thing is that the rumor was it would have cost us another 100k a season on top of what we were already offering. Without Asdrubal and with him we'd probably still be under the cap by 6 figures at a guess.
I don't know about that, he was made a marquee at the Jets, and looking at the calibre of Vargas (their other marquee). I would say he's payed quite a bit.

nebakke

I don't know about that, he was made a marquee at the Jets, and looking at the calibre of Vargas (their other marquee). I would say he's payed quite a bit.

The talk was $250000 I think yeah?

Once that's said - I really like Roy, but I'm not convinced that his playing style would have made the difference for us this year - I have a suspicion he would not have been nearly as prolific in our setup. He tends towards poaching where we tend towards wanting someone who can carry the ball the last couple of meters himself, even when the occasional good cross comes in.
I reckon the hope was that Adrubal would have the technical control and hopefully physical presence to do that - clearly didn't have the presence an so, we never really got to see about the control.

So - I would've loved for Royo to stay, but I dunno that he's the fix to our ailment either.

Gratis

The talk was $250000 I think yeah?

Once that's said - I really like Roy, but I'm not convinced that his playing style would have made the difference for us this year - I have a suspicion he would not have been nearly as prolific in our setup. He tends towards poaching where we tend towards wanting someone who can carry the ball the last couple of meters himself, even when the occasional good cross comes in.
I reckon the hope was that Adrubal would have the technical control and hopefully physical presence to do that - clearly didn't have the presence an so, we never really got to see about the control.

So - I would've loved for Royo to stay, but I dunno that he's the fix to our ailment either.
that's probably a good assessment, however, if he'd built up a decent relationship with DDS you'd think the through balls would have created a lot.
I tend to agree with what you've said more though and think we need more of a Berisha-style player in this system to be genuinely effective('coz they come cheap!)

scottmac

Suspended
About $280k apparently.
f**k him, he’s gone and he’s dead to me.
While that is the case for all of us I'm more pointing towards the fact they told us we'd be spending the cap and could have given him that extra 100k and still not have fulfilled that promise and we'd have a striker in our squad.
Very poor business by the club I think.

Timmah

While that is the case for all of us I'm more pointing towards the fact they told us we'd be spending the cap and could have given him that extra 100k and still not have fulfilled that promise and we'd have a striker in our squad.
Very poor business by the club I think.
I keep seeing "they told us we'd be spending the cap this season" around these traps, where does this actually come from?

Gratis

someone will dig it up shortly - from memory was it on a podcast or at a fans forum?

i did hear it with my own ears i did

Big Al

Then the FFA moved the goal posts on the funds to the clubs.

It is what it is we have our squad now. Just hope we don’t get embarrassed during the rest of the season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred