• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Adelaide v CCM @ Coopers

Timmah

Hyundai A-League 2017/18 | Round 20
Adelaide United v Central Coast Mariners
Coopers Stadium, Adelaide
Saturday 17 February 2017; kickoff 7:50pm AEDT (7:20pm SA local)

TV: Fox Sports 501
Radio: Coast FM 96.3 & ABC Grandstand

Match Officials | Referee: Shaun Evans
AR's: Matthew Cream & Paul Cetrangolo
4O: Jonathan Barreiro | VAR: Craig Zetter

ADL-A.png

ADL: 1.Daniel MARGUSH (gk), 2.Michael MARRONE, 5.Taylor REGAN, 7.Ryan KITTO, 8.ISAÍAS (C), 12.Mark OCHIENG, 14.George BLACKWOOD, 16.Nathan KONSTANDOPOULOS, 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.Paul IZZO (gk), 22.Ersan GÜLÜM, 23.Jordan ELSEY, 24.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 25.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS, 29.Ryan STRAIN, 37.Daniel ADLUNG, 77.Džengis ČAVUŠEVIĆ
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 12.Mark OCHIENG (promoted), 77.Džengis ČAVUŠEVIĆ (new signing)
Outs: Nil / Unavailable: 6.Vince LIA (knee), 9.Baba DIAWARA (quad), 11.Johan ABSALONSEN (gluteus), 21.Tarek ELRICH (knee - long term)

CCM-B.png

CCM: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jake McGING, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Blake POWELL, 10.Danny De SILVA, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Trent BUHAGIAR, 14.Adam BERRY, 15.Alan BARO (c) 16.Liam ROSE, 18.Tom GLOVER (gk), 19.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 22.Jacob MELLING, 24.Lachlan WALES, 27.Peter SKAPETIS
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 3.Josh ROSE (promoted), 11.Connor PAIN (return from injury), 15.Alan BARO (c) (return from suspension)
Outs: 5.Antony GOLEC (suspended – 1 week) / Unavailable: 21.Kye ROWLES (foot injury) 23.Wout Brama (suspended – 1 week)

------------------------------

Fixture History v Adelaide United (A-League)
Matches 40 / CCM 18 / Reds 16 / Draws 6
Goals Scored 57 / Goals Conceded 54

Biggest Win: 4-0 at Coopers, 2011/12 Round 9
Biggest Loss: 0-4 at Coopers, 2013/14 Round 10

CCM at Coopers: 19 times / CCM 6 / Adelaide 9 / Draws 4

Last Met: 2017/18 R12 (Boxing Day), Coopers, lost 0-1

Form - Last Five
CCM | L D D L L
Reds | D D L W W​

Last edited:

shipwreck

I'd say it's a must win but I'm afraid i don't really give af anymore.

Must play well is probably a better way to describe it.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well......we could win this, depends on the decision process by Okout and Ivan jerkilc , who potentially will roll out the wrong team and sub defenders for strikers and goalies for mids at the most crucial moments....and I’m not joking

Gratis

...who potentially will roll out the wrong team...
It's almost my expectation now.
Seriously, I don't expect much from this. IF they get their act together and play well then of course we're in for a chance. Then need to continue it the next week...

Here's my tip for the team to increase our chances of scoring: when we get the ball don't wait for the opposition to get back in numbers and set their defence before trying to crack through it.
Transition quickly, and, forwards - get the fk forward and quickly.
Why do I have to tell a pair of professional coaches, who have speedy players, this?

Last edited:

Big Al

Well......we could win this, depends on the decision process by Okout and Ivan jerkilc , who potentially will roll out the wrong team and sub defenders for strikers and goalies for mids at the most crucial moments....and I’m not joking
At least the goalie kicks it forward. Might be an innovative move

Forum Phoenix

It's almost my expectation now.
Seriously, I don't expect much from this. IF they get their act together and play well then of course we're in for a chance. Then need to continue it the next week...

Here's my tip for the team to increase our chances of scoring: when we get the ball don't wait for the opposition to get back in numbers and set their defence before trying to crack through it.
Transition quickly, and, forwards - get the fk forward and quickly.
Why do I have to tell a pair of professional coaches, who have speedy players, this?

A couple of weeks ago I would have agreed wholeheartedly but to be depressingly honest, unless he puts Trent on I don’t think we have the speed for this without Pain and Kubi anymore... pain will take time to get back to full speed and fitness you’d think,

Big Al

With the season now as good as over (WSW just won 4-0 and are 9 points clear of us in 6th)
I’d like us to play for the future but with Paulo not signed he has interest in doing so.

I want to see TBT, Skapetis and Rowles start.

Won’t happen but would be nice

JoyfulPenguin

If we lose this one, for me, it's time for Paolo to go. If we're getting a new coach they need time to decide who they are re-signing and where we need to strengthen. We can't afford another season where the coach can say "they're not my players".

shipwreck

This is Paolo's legacy we're talking about now, I'm sick of the latitude that's been afforded, been two seasons, one with an entire pre season and we're seeing the same stuff and are genuine spoon contenders once again.

I agree with Joyful, win this or move on.

Big Al

A decision on his future is important soon from both parties. If he wants to leave tell us. Don’t dick us around

Continued unrest of not knowing will effect him and the players.

Back him and get new attackers in the offseason (and i mean more than 1 decent one - a winger for each side and a fair dinkem striker).

Or as JP suggested move on and allow a new coach to recruit to there preferred style.

Gratis

A decision on his future is important soon from both parties. If he wants to leave tell us. Don’t dick us around

Continued unrest of not knowing will effect him and the players.

Back him and get new attackers in the offseason (and i mean more than 1 decent one - a winger for each side and a fair dinkem striker).

Or as JP suggested move on and allow a new coach to recruit to there preferred style.
Shame there's too many words in this post to make a TIFO out of. Nailed it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred