• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 20 - Adelaide v CCM @ Coopers

Tevor

Talk of Okon leaving who would want to take us on , Mariners = coach killers.
Huge call, why did Okon come to CCM will answer your question. To get a start just like players, we have something to offer and SFC has had more bad coaching experiences than us.

JoyfulPenguin

We are much more lenient to coaches then other clubs and are one of only 9 professional clubs in the country. There should be more than enough qualified candidates wanting the job.

style_cafe

I don`t get all the speculation about Okon getting Arnie`s job when he moves on to coach the Socceroos post WC.
Sydney already have a succession plan in place.
Mossy will will take over as head coach with Corica as his assistant.
Simple as that :popcorn:

scottmac

Suspended
Yeah we killed Arnie's career :piralaugh:
Yeah but our club nearly ceased to exist when he left due to paying more than we could afford. If that luxury was afforded Okon and we had players in the front third that deliver then we wouldn't be talking about this. Our problem is a lack of resources and no matter who comes here we'll have the same problem. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

pjennings

Yeah but our club nearly ceased to exist when he left due to paying more than we could afford. If that luxury was afforded Okon and we had players in the front third that deliver then we wouldn't be talking about this. Our problem is a lack of resources and no matter who comes here we'll have the same problem. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I'm also not ready to throw Okon under the bus. This year we were supposed to be paying at the cap. We are paying at the floor. That difference alone on top of Asdrubal's wage would pay for a decent striker.

Simply put though we have been operating as such a low level for so long that supporters are turning away in droves - and long term ones at that. We cannot continue this way - an injection of funds is needed - whether by Mike or by new investors.

Wombat

I have faith in Okon. I see a good young coach. Yes the last few weeks have been atrocious but it's not all just down to him.

Forum Phoenix

How often are we actually doing that?

Yeah agree, though in the modern game, for so many professional teams, playing for pride really has become less of a thing. Sadly.
Talk of Okon leaving who would want to take us on , Mariners = coach killers.

Lot of disagreement on this post, but at our present spend level and track record over 4 years, hard to say this is not a fair comment.

priorpeter

With the squad we've got, especially the spine we've built, we should be top 6. I'm sick of the excuses and the failed plan a.

But, I'll still turn up each week because I'm a god damn sucker for punishment. Looking forward to a weekend away in Adelaide this week.

Forum Phoenix

I have faith in Okon. I see a good young coach. Yes the last few weeks have been atrocious but it's not all just down to him.

Yeah i wish he was a bit more flexible in his strategy but I’m really surprised the opinion on Okon is so dour.

Forum Phoenix

With the squad we've got, especially the spine we've built, we should be top 6. I'm sick of the excuses and the failed plan a.

But, I'll still turn up each week because I'm a god damn sucker for punishment. Looking forward to a weekend away in Adelaide this week.

I share the pain, but lowest shots, lowest goals and lowest funds are not unrelated.

And I don’t think Okon getting Adsrubal to depart suddenly in the hope to secure Giannous was unrelated either.

Okon knew his strike force was not up to scratch and so was pretty desperately trying to fix it, and then told us clealry when he could not get a signature that it was because they just didn’t have enough money to secure a nine.

Our defence and midfield had us top 6 I agree, (which was a pleasant surprise) but our attack didn’t. So I think the only thing we can really blame him for is his lack of tactical flexibility, and the poor recruitment of Adsrubal. But Nearly all his other signings have been terrific.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I don't even really hold Asdrubal against him, to be honest. Nobody on here thought he was a bad signing before the season, he just didn't work out. And that does happen sometimes - it can just be that the player doesn't work in that particular team.

Wombat

its easy for us. we suggest playing a certain player in a certain possie and he has a dud game we just shrug and say oh shit that was an epic fail I wont mention that again.....where as Paul kops a roast when he tries something out of the box.

Timmah

I know and I'm the first to argue this. I was taking the piss out of the comment that we're "coach killers"

Timmah

I don't even really hold Asdrubal against him, to be honest. Nobody on here thought he was a bad signing before the season, he just didn't work out. And that does happen sometimes - it can just be that the player doesn't work in that particular team.
I'd love to have seen what might have happened had he not sustained that injury in the early rounds. He was playing quite well, IMO, prior to that.

MagpieMariner

I'll still turn up. I've followed Collingwood for nearly 60 years, so I'm used to this shit. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred