• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 19 - Adelaide United [A]

jacobsfl

Fate has a way of warning you before it haopens

How could one bring themselves to fly to another state to watch the Mariners? If they showed commitment, sure, but I think you're wasting time and money

I prefer to watch them at home - it's much easier to turn off after 10 minutes

Insertnamehere

I’d love some clarification on how many and which youth boys train full time.
DRD, Miller and Niz all did for a long time before getting their scholarships.
I know Kyle Johnson has a fair bit same with Hatch.. but are they still?
I bring this up because if they are then they’re ready to go into the match squad imo.
Wouldn't think NYL or NPL do, however you would think the club would request some of the yoof train the extra days with the 1st team.

Big Al

Good luck to the ladies whose partners are going to surprise them with the Mariners special for Valentines Day.

Prone to mistakes at the back
Some solid build up around the box
To ultimately be disappointed with limited shots on goal and plenty sprayed over the top or wide

Josho Howe

Fate has a way of warning you before it haopens

How could one bring themselves to fly to another state to watch the Mariners? If they showed commitment, sure, but I think you're wasting time and money

I prefer to watch them at home - it's much easier to turn off after 10 minutes

Booked flights in September coz they were cheap as chips and coz Adelaide is a nice town. I was hopeful before the season we wouldn't be in this position but silly me. Oh well, forever loyal and all that

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

No Matty, No Majok.
I think Matty has been good for us lately so it's a shame he is out - but everytime AU play us they foul us off the pitch with no repercussions. Him and Silvera get targeted. They'll try to smash Nizzy too, try to intimidate him. Unfortunately we know better than to expect the referee to deal with it

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Good luck to the ladies whose partners are going to surprise them with the Mariners special for Valentines Day.

To ultimately be disappointed with limited shots on goal and plenty sprayed over the top or wide
On one hand, Jesus Christ!!!
On the other, early post of the year contender :vhappy:

jacobsfl

Booked flights in September coz they were cheap as chips and coz Adelaide is a nice town. I was hopeful before the season we wouldn't be in this position but silly me. Oh well, forever loyal and all that
Given what I thought at the time (signing Kim) I don't blame you

Michael

Wouldn't think NYL or NPL do, however you would think the club would request some of the yoof train the extra days with the 1st team.

they definitely do. I’ve known youth boys down the years and I talk to DRD a little and plenty of them wouldn’t have a break from NPL finish to NPL start and even do the extras with aleague boys usually until aleague end.
I’m just wondering which ones. My guess would be no more than 5 regularly.
I’m passionate on this subject because this season has me at the point where I want our excellent current crop of youth to be blooded.
Miller has shown to be up to the level, nizzy in his small amount of minutes too. DRD has shown he deserves more minutes also.

Ozhammer

I’d love some clarification on how many and which youth boys train full time.
DRD, Miller and Niz all did for a long time before getting their scholarships.
I know Kyle Johnson has a fair bit same with Hatch.. but are they still?
I bring this up because if they are then they’re ready to go into the match squad imo.
From what I hear the training under Monty and Serge is better than most of the stuff the first team do, so perhaps they are better off staying where they are? :popcorn:

Tevor

My flight this morning was cancelled and l have been put back to the 5:30pm flight out to Adelaide. A bad or good sign do we reckon?

Also, anyone going, looks as if The Hope Inn in Hindmarsh is the pre-game venue from 4:30-5. If you're in town, come have a beer with us so i'm not a loner. TY.
My wife and I are going, I’ve been in Adelaide on a work conference. Doing a wine tour tomorrow so might be able to make the pub after that.

Elite

Bloody hell that was a beauty. Meanwhile, my co-workers are looking at me in disgust as I'm chuckling away at my desk. If only they knew :vhappy:
On one hand, Jesus Christ!!!
On the other, early post of the year contender :vhappy:
I second that. Absolute quality :overheadl::piralaugh:

Forum Phoenix

I think so too but in our current situation where Tongyik deserves another crack plus our dependence on Oar and Clisby at LB it’s worth considering pushing him wider for now. He won’t get as far forward but that’s not necessarily a bad thing at the moment.
This

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Man, I feel like this game is simply going to be a terrible way to finish off a crap week at work.
What's worse, I'm on a health kick at the moment so off the booze.
Seriously. Can you imagine watching this team without booze???

To make matters worse, I'm dumb enough to be going into this game with hope. I mean, you'd think I'd know better, but there you go.
AU are completely beatable. I still reckon their the most overrated and overplaced team in the comp - each time we played them I was left feeling like we should and could have beaten them, perhaps moreso than any other team. The sort of games where they weren't any better than us - they just finished and we didn't.

Unfortunately, the stats say we have no chance of beating them - and our midfield appears to have largely disintegrated over the last few weeks (well, doesn't help that last week Staj didn't include a midfield in our formation) - the mids are where we can shut this team down.

Defend for 90 minutes, we'll concede another 4 goals. Frustrate them in the mids and it's winnable.

jacobsfl

It depends on who gets named mate. When the squad gets announced, that's when I think "am I hopeful or am I doubtful?"

If we play a midfield that has the determination to succeed, anything is possible.

Insertnamehere

Man, I feel like this game is simply going to be a terrible way to finish off a crap week at work.

To make matters worse, I'm dumb enough to be going into this game with hope. I mean, you'd think I'd know better, but there you go.
AU are completely beatable. I still reckon their the most overrated and overplaced team in the comp - each time we played them I was left feeling like we should and could have beaten them, perhaps moreso than any other team. The sort of games where they weren't any better than us - they just finished and we didn't.

Unfortunately, the stats say we have no chance of beating them - and our midfield appears to have largely disintegrated over the last few weeks (well, doesn't help that last week Staj didn't include a midfield in our formation) - the mids are where we can shut this team down.

Defend for 90 minutes, we'll concede another 4 goals. Frustrate them in the mids and it's winnable.
I did it last week. Luckily. I would have been knocking down the beers like a man with no arms.

priorpeter

Yep - done it the last 2 weeks in a row. Do not recommend.

Have a cheat day. It’ll be better for your health overall.

Michael

You can’t ever not respect the way you and the other boys that go interstate regularly to support our club.
Always make me smile seeing that group of you guys in the away bay sinking beers, especially in Wellington.
The club owe you guys in my opinion.

Wombat

they definitely do. I’ve known youth boys down the years and I talk to DRD a little and plenty of them wouldn’t have a break from NPL finish to NPL start and even do the extras with aleague boys usually until aleague end.
I’m just wondering which ones. My guess would be no more than 5 regularly.
I’m passionate on this subject because this season has me at the point where I want our excellent current crop of youth to be blooded.
Miller has shown to be up to the level, nizzy in his small amount of minutes too. DRD has shown he deserves more minutes also.

Micheal. I haven't watched any training recently coz Tuggerah is too far away but i saw a black kid playing CB at the beginning of the year and he looked impressive. What is his name? Is he still performing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred