• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 19 - Adelaide United [A]

jacobsfl

I think we've come to a general consensus on a few things.

Rowles left-back, Tongyik CB
Nisbet and Kim in central midfield
Harold and DDS playing wide

turbo

DDS playing wide
IMO DDS is wasted out wide without a better option in the middle. He can defend and play deep too so there's the potential for him, Nisbet and Kim to rotate a little to mix things up or catch a breath if needed. Jair played left wing for the Jets so could be an option to play out wide in a pinch.

jacobsfl

He's been a false 9 all season ;)
Both of our strikers have been playing false nine.

Every damn week it's a formation change. Surely at this point in the season we'd have found something that works? Guess it just shows how rubbish we really are.

4-2-3-1 until the end

pjennings

Both of our strikers have been playing false nine.

Every damn week it's a formation change. Surely at this point in the season we'd have found something that works? Guess it just shows how rubbish we really are.

4-2-3-1 until the end

It think that is probably our best way to shore up the defence.

Gonna be controversial maybe.
Birra​
Miller Ziggy Ruon Kye
Kim Stens​
Harold Niz DDS
Jair​
bench - GK, Fox/Clisby, Djuric, Muz/DRD, Simon

I'm fairly okay with that but would try Hatch up on the left. He and Harold both have decent motors and speed and can provide cover for Miller and Kye. Added to which Kye would be comfortable playing with him.

Birra
Miller Ziggy Ruon Kye
Kim Nisbet​
Harold DDS Hatch
Muzz
bench - Pearce, Clisby, Djuric, Stens, Simon, Majok

Forum Phoenix

Rowles to LB in a back 4. Hatch on the bench and drop Clisby from the squad. If it was me I’d be having the difficult conversation to help him decide to come to a mutual agreement with the club to terminate his contract a year early to allow him to pursue other opportunities.

he’s been rightfully targeted by opposing attackers all year and is clearly not HAL level. Should have gone with Kennedy and Hoole.

Insertnamehere

It think that is probably our best way to shore up the defence.

I'm fairly okay with that but would try Hatch up on the left. He and Harold both have decent motors and speed and can provide cover for Miller and Kye. Added to which Kye would be comfortable playing with him.

Birra
Miller Ziggy Ruon Kye
Kim Nisbet​
Harold DDS Hatch
Muzz
bench - Pearce, Clisby, Djuric, Stens, Simon, Majok
I don't know anything of hatch so wasn't in my formula. I am a zero % fan of Kye LB but if he's there as an LCB with limited attacking intent I can handle it. Less than ideal but better than conceding there.
If others who know better think hatch is somewhere near the standard of miller and niz there's no reason to not give him a go.

pjennings

Can someone clarify Hatch's position?

Hatch is a LB - quite quick and with what little I have seen of him a decent cross. I wouldn't be throwing him at LB in a flat back 4 at this stage. However, in a 4-2-3-1 he probably has the right attributes for a LAM as well as the engine to get back and protect Rowles if we play Rowles at LB. TBH Rowles is a left centre back for mine.

turbo

TBH Rowles is a left centre back for mine.
I think so too but in our current situation where Tongyik deserves another crack plus our dependence on Oar and Clisby at LB it’s worth considering pushing him wider for now. He won’t get as far forward but that’s not necessarily a bad thing at the moment.

style_cafe

Hatch is a LB - quite quick and with what little I have seen of him a decent cross. I wouldn't be throwing him at LB in a flat back 4 at this stage. However, in a 4-2-3-1 he probably has the right attributes for a LAM as well as the engine to get back and protect Rowles if we play Rowles at LB. TBH Rowles is a left centre back for mine.

Totally agree PJ.
LB has been a real problem this year though and in the interests of the team, moving Rowles there and bringing in Tonyik or Fox may solve the problem.
Moving Oar to LB was a brave move that didn`t work.
Some think Oar isn`t a defenders a******e, although I`d disagree with that,I think he is.
Also his crosses just don`t hit the target and he has very little variation with them.
I`m thinking Miller plays his usual right wing back type roll, Rowles play`s a standard old fashioned LB with Hatch playing as a standard left midfielder.
In summary this would strengthen the left side.
Hatch could be eased into the senior side without exerting too much pressure on him (similar to Wales debut) and it also gives us much needed pace in transition.
It also sends a message that we are back to promoting the youth and looking towards the future whilst also kicking the lazy
players in the arse...:popcorn:

Ozhammer

Personally I think the solution to our issues is kind of staring us in the face somewhat, play 3 across the back (Kye, Ziggy Miller) 5 across the middle (Hatch, Oar (or Duric), Kim, Niz & Murray) DDS at 10 and Jair or Simon at CF.

I know Murray won’t be the strongest defender but he does have a good engine and can cross a ball. If we go four at the back Tongyik should come in to the LCB position and we can go either 4-5-1, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1

Michael

I’d love some clarification on how many and which youth boys train full time.
DRD, Miller and Niz all did for a long time before getting their scholarships.
I know Kyle Johnson has a fair bit same with Hatch.. but are they still?
I bring this up because if they are then they’re ready to go into the match squad imo.

Josho Howe

My flight this morning was cancelled and l have been put back to the 5:30pm flight out to Adelaide. A bad or good sign do we reckon?

Also, anyone going, looks as if The Hope Inn in Hindmarsh is the pre-game venue from 4:30-5. If you're in town, come have a beer with us so i'm not a loner. TY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred