• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18. Newcastle away.

jacobsfl

hi guys, in regards to our left back problem, I think we should try Ziggy at LB, when he first joined he was a RB but said he could play anywhere across the back 4, that would also bring fox back to partner rowles at CB, I think it would work because Ziggy would do better then clisby and oar at LB, even if we sacrifice a little bit going forward, he's a stronger defender and would be able to shut down Millar easier because he isn't as far forward needing to chase back, could be worth a try

You may have a point, but I'd prefer to keep someone that's actually left-footed at left-back, which is why I'd prefer Rowles.

Pirate Pete

You may have a point, but I'd prefer to keep someone that's actually left-footed at left-back, which is why I'd prefer Rowles.
I agree that Rowles would be better than Ziggy. However I reckon Rowles is far better suited to be in the middle.
Out left he'd be fouling too much. Definitely end up with a yellow, maybe worse.
This season as far as I know he has brought his card count down or so it seems.
Someone with the stats will probably prove me wrong.

jacobsfl

The point is, we don't have a left-back. For me, this is the first position we recruit for in the off season.

pjennings

As someone said elsewhere -
Behich has only started 4 times out of 20 in his league. 16 times he has been an unused sub. Total time 328/1800 minutes
He has started as 4 times in the Turkish Cup Total time 360/360 minutes
He has played 76/450 minutes in the Europa League.
Contracted until June 2022 - but surely needs a loan move for game time.

Timmah

Central Coast Mariners new signing Chris Harold is among three faces added to the squad by Alen Stajcic for Sunday’s must win #F3Derby clash with the Newcastle Jets.

Harold arrived on the Coast earlier this week and has spent time with his new teammates, and could be thrown into the Derby fire against a team who he scored his first ever Perth goal against.

On that occasion it was an 85th minute winner nine minutes after entering the fray that secured a 3-2 victory and Harold said during the week it would be ‘nice’ if he could have a similar impact this weekend.

Sam SIlvera has also been added to the squad, returning after a one-week absence against Wanderers with Ruon Tongyik added to boost defensive stocks for Stajcic.

The Mariners were dealt a blow though with Jordan Murray being ruled out after copping a number of heavy challenges in the loss to Western Sydney, and he joins Dylan Fox on the sidelines at least for this weekend.

Squad | 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (gk), 2.Ian Zygmunt GORDON, 3.Jack CLISBY, 4. Eunsun KIM, 7. Milan ÐURIĆ, 8. Michael MCGLINCHEY, 10. Tommy OAR, 11. Daniel DESILVA, 12. Adam PEARCE (gk), 14. Abraham MAJOK, 15. Kye ROWLES, 17. Sam SILVERA, 18. Gianni STENSNESS, 19. Matthew SIMON, 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 24. Chris HAROLD, 26. Joshua NISBET, 27. Lewis MILLER, 29. Jair BRITTO, 30 Dylan RUIZ-DIAZ

IN: 17. Sam SILVERA (Promoted), 21. Ryon TONGYIK (Promoted), 24. Chris HAROLD (New Signing)
OUT: 9. Jordan MURRAY (Injured)
Unavailable: 9. Jordan MURRAY (Foot – 1 week), 16. Dylan FOX (Foot – 1 week)

Match Details |
Sunday, 9th February
McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle
4pm kick-off (AEDT)

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/gameday-squad-harold-f3derby

AuzDutchy

I agree that Rowles would be better than Ziggy. However I reckon Rowles is far better suited to be in the middle.
Out left he'd be fouling too much. Definitely end up with a yellow, maybe worse.
This season as far as I know he has brought his card count down or so it seems.
Someone with the stats will probably prove me wrong.

He's replaced his red card stat with Own Goal stats :mad::mad:

Ads

I have a hunch Rowles will be tasked to stick like glue to odonovan.
And Miller may move over to dominate and hassle snake (Miller) if he advances.

style_cafe

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/gameday-squad-harold-f3derby

Muzz and Fox out for the week due to injury. Big chance for Jair, Harold or SS to get minutes. I also expect either Oar or Clisby will get a reprieve to play LB with Fox out meaning little defensive depth.

Foxy has been out for a while so no disruption there.
Muzz has had a few injuries and has missed games or been benched so we can adjust to that too.
I`d be giving Jair a start with a rocket up his arse about how the Jets thought he was shit and we have given him a lifeline.
Hopefully he can do for us what RoyO did for them...:popcorn:

jacobsfl

I can't recall the last time I saw a player play well against his former club

Fingers crossed Jair breaks that drought

Tevor

I can't recall the last time I saw a player play well against his former club

Fingers crossed Jair breaks that drought
Only happens when they play against us, no one we brought has ever had a blinder against their old club for 5 years. Shows the caliber of player we take from other clubs.

Ads

Only happens when they play against us, no one we brought has ever had a blinder against their old club for 5 years. Shows the caliber of player we take from other clubs.

True.
But more so it shows how impactful a ‘rut’ can be.
Players that leave us are surrounded by a larger amount of quality players to feed of and most have thrived or atleast survived the A-League.

LFCMariners

This rain doesn't look like ceasing any time soon...

I remember a game exactly 10 years ago. It was against the Jest. A home game. But it was pissing down all day, and that game was called off a few hours before scheduled kickoff. At that point, CCM had gone 11 games without a win, and to avoid the spoon in the first season of the expanded comp, needed a win in the closing rounds...

The re-scheduled game against the Jest went ahead at last on another night, the weather was fine, and CCM romped home 3-0 in what was (IIRC) Lawrie's last win as coach.

Could history repeat?

turbo

The way the weather is going we could see our game and the Sydney WSW game postponed. Attendances will take a big hit and the Sydney game has already been bumped to a secondary ABC channel. Don't know what the drainage is like down there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred