• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 18. Newcastle away.

ashman89

The way the weather is going we could see our game and the Sydney WSW game postponed. Attendances will take a big hit and the Sydney game has already been bumped to a secondary ABC channel. Don't know what the drainage is like down there.
Wouldn’t be surprised. All this rain plus having the Watatahs play the night before I reckon the pitch is gonna look absolute trash for the derby

Pirate Pete

Wouldn’t be surprised. All this rain plus having the Watatahs play the night before I reckon the pitch is gonna look absolute trash for the derby
Oh Shit. I didn't realise the Waratahs was tomorrow. Headline on SMH is wettest day in 15 months and the worst is yet to come.
At the moment it doesn't look too bad, but if the worst is yet to come, well......
I'll keep an eye on the rain gauge.
Doesn't look like I'll get a chance to use my new shovel this weekend. It's a Spear & Jackson No.3

Coastalraider

I feel like we are kind of screwed here.

We are missing players, low on confidence, a history of a lack of energy and crap weather, game away from home.

Jets have a new coach to impress, a new striker to prove a point, home crowd and the motivation of knowing that a win would go along way to avoiding a spoon.

the last few losses when we arguable should have put up more of a fight are going to come back to bite us.

jacobsfl

They also supposedly have Wes Hoolahan back, and if he comes off the bench he's capable of quite a lot.

Pirate Pete

I feel like we are kind of screwed here.

We are missing players, low on confidence, a history of a lack of energy and crap weather, game away from home.

Jets have a new coach to impress, a new striker to prove a point, home crowd and the motivation of knowing that a win would go along way to avoiding a spoon.

the last few losses when we arguable should have put up more of a fight are going to come back to bite us.

missing players, same as last season
low on confidence, same as last season
a history of a lack of energy and crap weather, game away from home. same as last season
Jets have a new coach to impress, Yeah OK. So did we when MM was sat in the stand.
a new striker to prove a point, Yeah **Edit. So have we Jair.
home crowd and the motivation of knowing that a win would go along way to avoiding a spoon. Last year they had the motivation to get in the six.

Last edited:

Pirate Pete

You reckon they’ll risk him in shithouse conditions? I’d be very reluctant as a coach or player to play this one coming back from major injury
Yeah, I think they would. Stating the obvious but the game is vital to both teams. I think they'll risk it.
He was named in the extended squad last week. As Jacob says he could come off the bench.
If this game goes ahead can you imagine the tackles flying in.... it could get nasty.
Not a game for Matty to start.

Big Al

If we play I’d drop nisbet and start Simon

Not going to be a game for ball control.

Just go Route 1

turbo

Yeah, I think they would. Stating the obvious but the game is vital to both teams. I think they'll risk it.
He was named in the extended squad last week. As Jacob says he could come off the bench.
If this game goes ahead can you imagine the tackles flying in.... it could get nasty.
Not a game for Matty to start.

It might be just late enough in the season that they're willing to take that risk but unless they have to I reckon they'll try to hold off playing him for this one. On Matty it really depends what the game plan is in these conditions, the messy conditions and the way that often impacts play could be in his favor with him looking to get on the end of set pieces and corners. No question they'll be in his ear but if he cant tune out he has no business calling himself a professional. I just hope we've given the wet some thought because our last wet game against City didnt go well and I felt a lot of that was not being able to move the ball as well as we did with Perth. It looked like a dry weather plan and we couldnt execute it in poor conditions.

Pirate Pete

If we play I’d drop nisbet and start Simon

Not going to be a game for ball control.

Just go Route 1
Really?
I'd keep Nisbett in. Low centre of gravity. Should be able to keep his footing.
I'd drop DDS. A couple of ounces of mud on his boots will slow him down.
I'd bring in McGlinchey for him.
But yes route one is the way to go, but can't make my mind up about Matty.
Yes for the route one, but I can see it ending badly with a lunging tackle....

Ads

I think Matty has to be in for this game.
Get the ball at his feet and shield, get taken down etc.
He holds it up to well in the front third and has been getting the passes away to retain possession or get the ball away.

Bring on the light legs (Diaz,etc) at the end to dart around tired defenders in the wet.

If we were higher up the table and situation was different, Matty wouldn’t be on the conversation but I think he has learnt his lesson and can focus on cheering ball down rather than lunging, atkeast until he is almost time to sub off.

marinermick

He holds it up to well in the front third and has been getting the passes away to retain possession or get the ball away.

Bring on the light legs (Diaz,etc) at the end to dart around tired defenders in the wet.

If we were higher up the table and situation was different, Matty wouldn’t be on the conversation but I think he has learnt his lesson and can focus on cheering ball down rather than lunging, atkeast until he is almost time to sub off.

With the loss of Murray, Matty is the only one able to handle the physicality of Boogs and NTS

Drew

If Matty starts, I'm not gonna be surprised if we finish the game with 10 men, Boogaard and NTS will be at him all game with the sole purpose of getting him a red card. if that happens we have almost no chance of winning, especially in wet horrible conditions and likely a close game. Its a massive risk to start Matty that I think we shouldn't take, bring him on mid second half to be a presence up front, but I wouldn't play him for 90 mins.

scottmac

Suspended
Got a bad feeling about this one. It's a 6 point game really and we haven't performed in a must win match for a long long long time

Elite

I've been very critical of Simmo this season, but I'm happy for him to start honestly. If there was ever a game to do it, this would be it. Away, against those f**kwits up north. Providing the red mist doesn't set in, I have no doubt his leadership and hunger out there will help us immensely. He knows how much this one means to us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb