• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 17 Local Thread

FFC Mariner

That coach is getting a fair reputation.........

For being an asshole

Fine to coach a side to be uncompromising and never take a backward step but there is a line.

ryan

Ted said:
trev said:
1-0 win for budgie AA6 against killarney in a firey game none the least

Have heard several bad reports about this game and if it is true one of your players threatened bodily harm to one of ours, than that is disgusting. This resulted our player leaving the field and taking no further part in the game. Also some of the Budgewoi supporters were calling the Killarney supporters and players 'c#nts' among other things. poor form...

While there were some unsavoury incidents throughout the game I can assure you they were contained to the field of play, were back and forth from BOTH sides and our supporters were not involved at all.  I am sure you are getting a one sided, rose coloured report of the game and while I certainly can't defend all of my team mates actions it was a two way street.

kanewillow

ohhh blahhhhhhhhh budgiewoi just massive bogan cheats and are just plain dirty the number 7 for budgie is a twat you dont walk over to a member of a players family and call her a slut its uncalled for and he should of been shown red but the twat of a referee had on green eye and one yellow eye

ryan

kanewillow said:
ohhh blahhhhhhhhh budgiewoi just massive bogan cheats and are just plain dirty the number 7 for budgie is a twat you dont walk over to a member of a players family and call her a slut its uncalled for and he should of been shown red but the twat of a referee had on green eye and one yellow eye

I only found out about that after the game when talking to Sym and I can't apologise enough for it. As I said I certainly can't defend all of my teammates actions

FFC Mariner

kanewillow said:

Lucky no one belted him

Ted

ryan said:
kanewillow said:

I only found out about that after the game when talking to Sym and I can't apologise enough for it. As I said I certainly can't defend all of my teammates actions

well there goes your idea of keeping on the field then...  hth

trev

Ted said:
ryan said:
kanewillow said:

yeah i can't say how much i am sorry to hear that, i did not enjoy the game at all.

Gopher of Pern

Ted said:
ryan said:
kanewillow said:

There is a bit of difference between friendly banter, and physical threats.
There is also a difference between a dodgy tackle, and pushing someone over.

At no stage, that I know, did any killarney player threaten or push over any budgewoi player, whereas I need more than 1 hand to count the times budgie did it to us.

Budgie players were to eager to escalate things. Most of our team had family, and little children on the sideline. They should be able to watch their parents play sport, without said parents being physically and verbally abused. It was disgraceful. Unfortunately the Ref is only human, and probably made a few mistakes. But i do not blame our player for walking off, after the abuse he was subject to.

Ted

I'm all for sledging it's part of the game, but it seems there are a few teams this year that can only win a game by threats and unsportsman behavior and not through actual football talent. For one of the Killarney players to walk off and take no further part in the game for self preservation indicates it went past sledging and little 'good natured' argy bargy. To walk over to a spectator and swear at her after she advised her brother to walk away and not 'get in a fight' is deplorable and not correct in this day and age.

Its all age mens for f*#k sake, not PL and boxing combined.

marinermick

Ted said:
I'm all for sledging it's part of the game, but it seems there are a few teams this year that can only win a game by threats and unsportsman behavior and not through actual football talent. For one of the Killarney players to walk off and take no further part in the game for self preservation indicates it went past sledging and little 'good natured' argy bargy. To walk over to a spectator and swear at her after she advised her brother to walk away and not 'get in a fight' is deplorable and not correct in this day and age.

Its all age mens for f*#k sake, not PL and boxing combined.

Yeah, the other issue is that they are so intimidating to referees. There is a stack of young referees coming through and they shouldn't be subjected to this pressure. Given time they will toughen up but it will probably mean a whole host of them being lost to the game.

This season IMO has seen the best crop of young referees come through to seniors and let's hope they continue to develop and not be put off by thugs who seems to think they rule all age, especially from some of the teams on the northern side of the coast.

The only consolation I guess is that they will get more experienced refs in finals footballs and when things won't go their way they will start getting cards and likley lose the game.

Ranyen

adz said:
Yep well done 10 vs 15 players :)

The Mariners have proved well enough that playing against 10 players with a full team doesn't necessarily mean that the full team will win.

marinermick said:
their coach (matthew breeze - thanks for the offside explaination mate) must have been disappointed, especially after his rousing half time speech of "let's smash them in the second half and score heaps of goals so we have a pyschological edge for the finals"

I didn't actually hear him say that, and I was in the huddle with the rest of Tuggerah. You don't realise, as I play for Tuggerah I AM THERE TOO. And I know that somethings that are written here have been taken completely out of context.

You all have to realise that this is a COMPETITION! I'm sure things were said about us by you out of our earshot. Also, you are just ganging up on a team that only has one of their players on this forum. I do not hear you slagging off East Gosford, Doylo or Wyoming. Or it is just that we are actually a threat to you that you have to make yourselves feel big by bagging out us?

The teams don't do it on the field, its a little sad - for both sides - that only the ones doing this are those sitting on the sidelines.

marinermick

Ranyen said:
adz said:

The Mariners have proved well enough that playing against 10 players with a full team doesn't necessarily mean that the full team will win.

marinermick said:
their coach (matthew breeze - thanks for the offside explaination mate) must have been disappointed, especially after his rousing half time speech of "let's smash them in the second half and score heaps of goals so we have a pyschological edge for the finals"

I didn't actually hear him say that, and I was in the huddle with the rest of Tuggerah. You don't realise, as I play for Tuggerah I AM THERE TOO. And I know that something’s that are written here have been taken completely out of context.

You all have to realise that this is a COMPETITION! I'm sure things were said about us by you out of our earshot. Also, you are just ganging up on a team that only has one of their players on this forum. I do not hear you slagging off East Gosford, Doylo or Wyoming. Or it is just that we are actually a threat to you that you have to make yourselves feel big by bagging out us?

The teams don't do it on the field, it’s a little sad - for both sides - that only the ones doing this are those sitting on the sidelines.

true, it's a shame for your coach that he has to get involved and instigate (and he sure instigated yesterday) this rubbish instead of just coaching the team

as for the other clubs, there is no slagging because, well, they are just nice

Chimmi

Raynen - im sorry you are upset. Maybe since it is a public forum you should invite your team to join if it would help?

As said before - you have some lovely girls on your team, and some whose views we disagree with. that will always happen when alot of people play togeter - please try to remember these are not specific attacks on you. We do post about our other games - go back and read the threads..we just come across fewer problems.

and no - we are not threatened by your team - or any team we have played in the last few years. Our goal to playing is to gain fittness and have an enjoyable day. We are very pleased and proud that our team is doing so well and it would seem pointless to ruin that by being 'scared' of a team.

Melsy - One step

I had a great game yesterday (my legs have never run so bloody much)

As Jaz stated we are not threatened by your team we enjoy playing against a team that is so close to us on the table.

As said by one of your team mates as they walked past "Post that on your Forum" Yes we will as we post every week it does not matter on the result.

Get them to get on the forum if there not. Its a great way to see whats going on in the football community not just in the WAA5 comp.

Bring on the FINALS.........

dru

Well done to the Tuggerah team as they deserved the win today.

Ranyen said:
adz said:

slightly different situation when playing a team with a full bench that can make 3 substitutions per match and any team will only be at ten players for a period of the match and a game where only 1 team has substitutes and the other team plays 1 down for the whole game.

should be noted that here you at least have a right of reply unlike match reports found on your official club website

And I do believe the supporters were told "put that on your forum boyfriends"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred