• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 - F3 Derby #42, Gosford

Wombat

Apart from Kamau's goals, and they were pretty lucky, City weren't great. If we played how we did in the first ten for a full half we would have beaten them, Brisbane and probably Victory too. It was a very disappointing and aggravating game but I don't think all is lost and we can still push on and make the top six. We just need to either keep the ball better or tighten up our defence.

How were they lucky?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

When you look at the stats it's pretty clear shooting accuracy was one of the biggest differences
https://www.a-league.com.au/match/c...astle-jets-a-league-07-10-2017/927943#!/stats
I'm really surprised at how many shots we took. Maybe it's because there were almost no actual decent shots - through the second half I felt like we didn't even look like scoring at all. I guess the stats don't differentiate good shots from pointless, never-a-chance shots.

Anyway, THIS is more telling - average position. I mean, look at our defence. Also, look at our attack compared to their defence - trying to run numbers up the middle but we just don't have the close quarters skills to pull that off. Also, their defence is positioned to be able to cover the middle and negate any number advantage we do have. We never stood a chance tactically. Of course this doesn't explain how the ball moved, but it highlights why we are so susceptible to crosses. Especially when we still have defenders standing there scratching their balls when the crosses come in.

So what are you going to do about that, Mr Okon?

upload_2017-10-8_23-11-48.png

Wombat

Bloody Scottish poof. It was one of the best things we have ever done.....sadly we played like muppets so turned it into an embarrassing high jinks. Ernie McDour can whinge about something else later in the the year coz we won't be that dumb again (hopefully).

Last edited:

Ozhammer

As much as I applaud the club for trying to reinvigorate the F3 derby and make it one of our most important games every season, I can't help but think the poster prank backfired to a degree and maybe Saturday's result had a degree of karma involved (Arnold's mega bucks anyone?). Surely it would have been better to put it up after you have won the game to rub salt into the wound.

I am still scratching my head as to why we let Poscoliero and Adelson go in the off season, either of whom could've done a far better job at RB than McOutofposition on Saturday.

Hopefully we can make a better fist of the game against the Wankerers.

MagpieMariner

Watching from behind Bay 16, I particularly noticed no-one making any movement while our defence was looking for someone to pass to. Very easy to defend someone standing still.

Big Al

When you look at the stats it's pretty clear shooting accuracy was one of the biggest differences
https://www.a-league.com.au/match/c...astle-jets-a-league-07-10-2017/927943#!/stats
Their shots were unmarked with massive holes in our defence and we got caught on our heels.

Our shots were blocked or heavily defended. We had a few good shots from outside the box vs theirs inside the 6yrd box.

Bingham had 2/3 chances late and snatched at one and had one or two blocked by desperation defence.

shipwreck

I agree, we kind of have a long way to go before we can be smug and cocky again, so it seems the universe bests us down whenever we try.

Credit to the PR team who have done a brilliant job, truly brilliant in promoting the mariners in a modern and professional manner, damn shame we had to lose 5-1 to our biggest rivals and end up wirh egg all over our faces

Big Al

Merrick thanked CCM for the motivation from the billboard and was disgusted by the banner.
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/4972605/insulting-billboard-backfires-big-time/?cs=305#slide=2
Ernie you are to old to laugh. As you get older you get cranky at everything.

Roy laughed so shows he has a sence of humour.

The billboard was awesome as was winding up Arnie.

The fans love that stuff. Look at the crowd both teams recruiting and these things helped create the best derby in a long time even if we got spanked.

The club earnt their stripes
The YA earnt their stripes
But the players let all that great banter go to waste.

Monty was the laat player who knew you kick a jet before the ball.

Only Tom H showed any willingness to be in a tackle and J Rose wouldn't take the crap he copped but no one was dishing it out. We have no enforcer

Big Al

Watching from behind Bay 16, I particularly noticed no-one making any movement while our defence was looking for someone to pass to. Very easy to defend someone standing still.
Newcastle definitely knew what we were doing and had is worked out. Just took them 20mins to get control

true believer

We played and defended shit .
The tifo did f'k all . Dirty team , dirty tactics same scum .
Like i keep saying tell us about it in january or newcastle coach sacking season.
Told the newcastle flea bugging me at work "-he's got more wood than noahs ark"

Big Al

We played and defended shit .
The tifo did f'k all . Dirty team , dirty tactics same scum .
Like i keep saying tell us about it in january or newcastle coach sacking season.
Told the newcastle flea bugging me at work "-he's got more wood than noahs ark"
To be fair they've had nothing to be excited about except wooden spoons. Can't blame them for going off early

true believer

Well in the new prawn sandwich seats .
Good view half time chat with middy .
And no one repeating "ian rush 600 games 300 goals "

LFCMariners

Ernie can bitch all he wants...

The F3D had become the biggest cripple fight since Timmy fought Jimmy in that episode of South Park. I'm trying to remember the last time the Jest had beaten CCM? Last season when we travelled up there, The Squadron was virtually non-existent. I looked forward to games against the Wanderers more...

Having TIFO displays like the '> Champions League > Centrelink' one or the 'We'd rather live in North Korea than Newcastle' one didn't hurt (and CCM got results in those games too, if I recall). Be interesting to see what witty retort they come up with for the return leg at MacJ- if the wheels aren't falling off their season by then...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred