• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 - F3 Derby #42, Gosford

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Watching from the new seats up high, if McGings shorts had pockets he would of had his hands in them, absolutely useless, I thinks it’s fair to say we won’t see him starting much anymore...I hope
As for letting Posco go, the lad was great but he was well fragile as well

localpom

The lack of a back up LB and RB will haunt us if Storm or Rosey are out for any period of time. I would have preferred Ascroft as RB, or even Tommy H as a temp cover seeing as he has actually played there before. We were totally disorganized at the back, Jets players unmarked on a regular basis. I would prefer either Young Rose or Rowles to replace Golec, next week with Storm and Hooley coming straight back in. Wout will get better but looked off the pace. We will need to improve quickly.
Positives? I liked what i saw of DDS considering his time out, Asdrubal will score goals, Tommy H looks our best player at present.

Atomic

I have to be honest and say that I wasn't a big fan of the tifo. It was good for a giggle, but if we wanted to give Roy more incentive to score against us, then mission accomplished. You know how coaches always fight to claim under dog status in big games... there's a reason for that; they do not want to give the opposition any incentive to band together and fight as a team.

The best tifo I've seen... and the one that still cuts me deeply... is Newcastle's GF one. They did a specatular tifo which focused on them as a club, and we did sweet FA. It was embarrassing.

My preference for tifo themes are ones which celebrate our glorious club. Ignore the opposition and focus on us. My feeling on Saturday was we were acting like a little brother.

My view is not going to be popular on these boards... bet, hey... we are all entitled to an opinion.

shipwreck

I have to be honest and say that I wasn't a big fan of the tifo. It was good for a giggle, but if we wanted to give Roy more incentive to score against us, then mission accomplished. You know how coaches always fight to claim under dog status in big games... there's a reason for that; they do not want to give the opposition any incentive to band together and fight as a team.

The best tifo I've seen... and the one that still cuts me deeply... is Newcastle's GF one. They did a specatular tifo which focused on them as a club, and we did sweet FA. It was embarrassing.

My preference for tifo themes are ones which celebrate our glorious club. Ignore the opposition and focus on us. My feeling on Saturday was we were acting like a little brother.

My view is not going to be popular on these boards... bet, hey... we are all entitled to an opinion.

Actually never thought about it like this but I completely agree. Well said.

LFCMariners

The best TIFO I've seen in HAL history was the 'Welcome To Heaven- Rid Yourself Of Envy' 2-part pullover The Cove did in the Premiership winning game against the Tards in 2010- and I was there to see it live!

The Jest pullover was an impressive effort- if I recall people in the Yellow Army Bay had made a bunch of individual banners, but there was some issue getting that CCM logo pullover into the ground? I just remember the day being a massive let-down. Atmosphere at the KB pre-game was awesome, but then somewhere during the actual game it just evaporated- long before Bridge scored...

Big Al

Nothing wrong that opinion and probably a more measured response, however it was a good effort that showed the disappointment felt that he left. It wasn't offensive in a rude sence (obviously being called a snake it not nice)

Maybe it fired him up but it was fun. He already had heaps from fans on social media so he was always pumped for a big one.

If our players stood up and were counted then wouldn't have been an issue. It's the risk you take but hopefully our new players understand they have to bring it next time.

Also got to credit the Newy fans for turning up and providing an atmosphere that the Jets would have fed off as well

Big Al

Thought the new walk out song was terrible as well. Never going to please everyone but it was just flat. Could see the angle they were going for but big fail imo

Coastalraider

So another fail from the weekend was the band - I saw them march in, an thought it was pretty stupid from whoever organised it that they have now been set up behind the opposite goal to the active support. Now there is also a very obvious divide between the AS and band that every fan can see, putting them in direct opposition.

But kudos to active support, I totally forgot the band was there once the game started, you couldn't hear them at all from the halfway line. Not sure if bad acoustics being at the open end of the ground....

Timmah

Thought the new walk out song was terrible as well. Never going to please everyone but it was just flat. Could see the angle they were going for but big fail imo
I genuinely don't feel any walk-out song has any chance of taking hold until the stadium do their bit and fix the shitty sound system

Atomic

What was the walk out song? I didn't pick it up. I do know they played GoT for the second half.

Also, do we play a song when we score? I can't recall one being played for a while now. I liked that tune we used to play back in the Arnie era... was it by Kraftwerk?

pjennings

Having had the time to look back at the game 5-1 is not a true indication of the game.

1) What was shown was once again poor refereeing (with the aid of VAR but not using it).
2) Some poor defending
3) Some poor and unlucky finishing
4) Thinness of the squad.
5) Jets took all their chances

We went into the game with 2 first teamers missing that will come straight back in and Rowles will probably be favourite to take the LCB position next week.

1) Roy went down after initiating contact with his arm on Baro. His second goal was offside. Neither went to VAR. Appiah had a shout for a penalty - also did not go to VAR.
2) Roy's third could have been stopped by tighter marker by McGing out wide and Golec in the middle. The fourth Jake almost seemed to duck under the ball to let it go to the young Jets player. Any touch by his head would have at least pushed him out wider.
3) Bingers missed a sitter, Asdrubal almost got to another.
4) We lost our first choice RB (not the greatest defender anyway and struggle down that side all game.

What that all tells me is that we were not as bad as the scored indicated - but we still need to strengthen the squad. A disappointing start - especially against the Scum - but Tommy, DDS and Asdrubal all looked good.

Timmah

For what it's worth with my understanding of VAR, they're constantly analysing and watching the game and they intervene to the man in the middle, and only if their quick analysis is believing there is an obvious error. The Roy pen shout while wrong IMO had enough of an element of doubt, while the offside for Goal 2 was line ball enough for them to give Barreiro the benefit of the doubt.

I'm pissed off the calls were in my opinion wrong but my understanding of the VAR system is that it takes certainty of a referee's error.

What they should have picked up on without a doubt was the encroachment by the Jets players during Roy's pen.

pjennings

For what it's worth with my understanding of VAR, they're constantly analysing and watching the game and they intervene to the man in the middle, and only if their quick analysis is believing there is an obvious error. The Roy pen shout while wrong IMO had enough of an element of doubt, while the offside for Goal 2 was line ball enough for them to give Barreiro the benefit of the doubt.

I'm pissed off the calls were in my opinion wrong but my understanding of the VAR system is that it takes certainty of a referee's error.

What they should have picked up on without a doubt was the encroachment by the Jets players during Roy's pen.

We were close to the match commissioner and he was ropeable that it wasn't called on. From that I got that it was always available since he was looking at it but in needs to be called on by the ref. That could be my misconception but I didn't see the VAR sign on the screen until the second half and then it seemed to be on everything.

BTW the other good thing to see was the Jets brought more than a mini-bus. It seems that the F3 derby has been reignited

priorpeter

So another fail from the weekend was the band - I saw them march in, an thought it was pretty stupid from whoever organised it that they have now been set up behind the opposite goal to the active support. Now there is also a very obvious divide between the AS and band that every fan can see, putting them in direct opposition.

But kudos to active support, I totally forgot the band was there once the game started, you couldn't hear them at all from the halfway line. Not sure if bad acoustics being at the open end of the ground....

The band have organised that in conjunction with the club.

nebakke

We were close to the match commissioner and he was ropeable that it wasn't called on. From that I got that it was always available since he was looking at it but in needs to be called on by the ref. That could be my misconception but I didn't see the VAR sign on the screen until the second half and then it seemed to be on everything.

BTW the other good thing to see was the Jets brought more than a mini-bus. It seems that the F3 derby has been reignited

That being the case, WTF is the point of the two flashing VAR lights on the monitor which kept switching to green? I mean, other than advertising McDonalds that is...
For mine, it did nothing except increase my frustration with the refereeing, as I actually thought that penalty was blindingly obvious, when you take into account that Roy ran behind him as well - and the VAR lights just flashed green, every-friggin'-time.

I talked to a Jester sitting in front of us, he was just as perplexed - while a surprisingly nice fella, it does bring me a little bit of comfort that his take on the whole thing was that we didn't deserve a 5-1 dropping either, for anything other than being Coastie obviously.. He was genuinely excited about what the last two derbies (and finals) can turn into if our boys can hit their stride and their scum can maintain theirs.

Wombat

Roy scored 3 easy goals because he cheated/dived on the first and we made no attempt to defend on his second 2 goals.
Nothing to do with the banner.
We are a joke defensively and ex players always fill their boots coz no one else refuses to defend like us. McGing and Golec look like those blind players that respond to the bell in the ball....except those two are deaf and can't hear the bell!!

Wombat

Watching from the new seats up high, if McGings shorts had pockets he would of had his hands in them, absolutely useless, I thinks it’s fair to say we won’t see him starting much anymore...I hope
As for letting Posco go, the lad was great but he was well fragile as well

Paulo loves a lost cause apparently......who else would play Golec and McGing together?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

On another note, Baro really seemed to drop after that penalty.
I mean, I can understand it would be absolutely devastating, coming into a new team, as the captain, such an important match, and THAT happens.
But the captain, of all people, needs to be able to manage that.

It's difficult being a captain from the back line as it can be difficult to get in amongst it and inspire through actions...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred