• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Brazil

hasbeen

"Tommy Oar didn't hit an accurate cross all game". Agree, he was hopeless, didn't even have the pace to beat the fullback.

And ABC News Radio sports report this morning said he was Man of the Match ....

12th player

"Tommy Oar didn't hit an accurate cross all game". Agree, he was hopeless, didn't even have the pace to beat the fullback.

And ABC News Radio sports report this morning said he was Man of the Match ....

Which game were they watching? T.O MOM?!! Totally disagree. He's got pace but lacks technic. A lot of times he lost the ball or ran out of the field due to his terrible first touch. MOM was their n10 Shinji Kagawa IMO. Pure quality.For Australia Mark Schwarzer was our the best player followed by L.Neill.

Forum Phoenix

I liked that Tommy Oar had energy and at least tried to take men on, but like his first horrid kick and cross form two metres over the byline, his touch was pretty poor most times. Two good runs, with the goal one really just well intentioned but lucky bumbling ala Pedj style. That said, I like him, and think his "lack of technique" mainly just looked like nerves to me. The kind you get when you haven't been given enough minutes at this level and pace of game. So how could you expect anything else. Should have had at least another ten plus caps by now, and preferably another 1000 odd minutes under his belt. And if Brosque wasn't injured, he wouldn't have got those valuable minutes last night either. Which is why I believe Holger out. I don't dislike the guy, but I strongly disagree with what he has done to Australian football moving forward.

The senior players are still capable of playing a good game. Unlike some, I don't discount this, but there's a bigger picture and as far am I'm concerned there's no excuse for not at least trying to develop our next generation in any number of friendly opportunities we have had. He has to be giving minutes to Rogic. Do we have a more promising player his age? Who? It only makes sense to in select positions be selecting next gen players into the squad, just for the experience. Or sure, you can have North warming the pine and Thompson coming on for the last minute. Really valuable selections. You have to invest in your future, and those choices equal zero return on investment.

Oh and anyone know what the deal with Amini not being selected by Okon? He was arguably our best on park against the Netherlands. HAs played a key part in qualification. And if there is a young footballer with less of an ego, and a warmer nature, I haven't met him.

Reading quotes around like this.... "sources tell me its a personal attack and there are no real justfiable reasons for his exclusion."

You have to take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt. But it is a strange, strange exclusion.

Options:

* Okon things he doesn't merit a place in the squad? Well, that's just ludicrous.
* His coach at Dortmund didn't want him to go?
* Amini has done something young and very dumb that we are not yet aware of?
* He's going to be called into the socceroos squad due to one of the injury exclusions. Bwahahahahhahhahahahaaha.
* It's personal?
* Random tin foil hat theory... Antonis is the golden child and with no Amini in the squad, the way is made clear?

Thoughts/insights??

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
O.K...lets get confusacated

tumblr_mnz1h25tW71roxkr5o1_1280_zps25334228.png

FFC Mariner

Got my tickets to the Iraq game back in November and looks like (hopefully) this will be our biggest game since Uruguay.

Same venue too.

Will be brilliant, locals will surely turn out to cheer on Iraq. It's kinda in their heartland. We have a new Home End group (Terrace Australis) so gone are the wankers in the GGA with their Scum flags and scarves.

Sadly ANZ is probably my least favourite venue to watch football but if its a decent crowd (50k plus) and the match is a must win, could be amazing.

Fully expect #HolgerOut to bring back Jade f**king North and Judas Holland to ruin it for everyone.

Forum Phoenix

lol. Agree on ANZ.

We should be alright, his refusal to change players should finally work to our advantage.

Only possible change I see happening is Jedi for Milligan. Though there's a lot of Milligan love out there in the ether right now.

some guy

WC Qualification 2.jpg

Made this diagram only to find its pretty much the same info as in the table above in a different format. Red=worst result, blue=mixed result, green=best result. '/' indicates position will be determined by goal difference.

midfielder

My run on side …
——–Shwarz——–
Wilkshire-Milligan-Neill–Zullo
—jedinak—Bres
Kruse—Holman—–Oar
———-Cahill————-

Bench .. must be … Rogic, Kennedy, Og

Given the pace of Jordan and that we will be playing higher up the park me thinks Miligans pace in the backs is needed

midfielder

4 nil ..... wow... Quite pleased tonight … Kruse, Oar, Milly, McKay, Og, …. subs Rogic & Vid … all from the A-league …

Reactions: Bex

Forum Phoenix

Great result. Kruse was outstanding. Holger bagged him for "there's more to playing than just running forward". So comic I can scarcely believe it. If you think Kruse will ever be defensive minded Holger your crazy, but Ironically all Jordan threats came down Oar and McKay's side, who was exposed for his real lack in this position tonight.

Tommy was awesome in the few minutes he got.

On to ANZ now...

Big Al

Was a crack up old Holger - Mentioned almost every bloke bar Kruse on a question about how good Kruse was.

True though there is more to a game than just that but F Me if you don't put it in the net you don't win. Thought he was excellent & his crosses/passes/assists where pin point - We should have scored off the first one as well be good save & then the unthinkable Brec missing from the rebound (couldn't believe it & thought it might be costly miss).

We have some good wing play but no true centre forward - Timmy is awesome & busts his gut but doesn't have the same results with his feet as his headers (man they guy has the best timing I've ever seen in the air). E.g his missed rebound from Kruse shot into the keeper against the japs any half decent striker would have buried that.
Viduka would love playing with these guys. A reckon we are missing a striker big time & don't see or think of anyone to fill the void so will have to continue the way we are going. Personally think Timmy is a better 2nd option.

There were some crosses where no one was within cooee of & we need better structure up front against better opposition.

How good was Rogic - But there was a shit load of space which won't be there against better opposition.

Did you the Swartz Neill stare down when we where playing shit in the first 15 after half time.

The archie sub was a stroke of genius - Most might have gone more defensive to protect the lead.

Overall good game but opposition a bit weak. The couple of weeks together is starting to come together on the field to

Forum Phoenix

The Archie sub was a good one. But a blind man could have seen that taking Holman and or Oar off at that point could only serve to massively improve the team.

On Tommy having less space against others, the thing is that along with Kruse and Bresc, he is probably the only player in that squad who actually could still maintain possession and glide past players when there is less space and more pressure. he could be VITAL for the WC if we get there and he's given decent game time both at Celtic and by Holger over this next year.

Big Al

If anything Holger won't be scared to go to him if it tight/behind etc. - Won't need to wait until the game is safe anymore IMO - But I think he will wait until we are qualified before he has a decent look at Tommy

Forum Phoenix

Oh yeah, no wy he's going to start him next week, bar an injury, or if we go into a playoff either, so it's going to be after we qualify. Or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred