• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Brazil

adz

Staff member
Not just yet if we fail 2 qualify then fire him

8-ball_outlook.jpg

Reactions: T

dibo

My run on side

-------------------Schwarzer----------------------

-wilkshire-----williams----lowry-----davidson

-------------bresh----holland-------------------

-kruse-----------------------------------oar------

--------------rogic-------------------------------

--------------------cahill / ruka [at the 70 min mark] ----------------------

Bench neil, jedi, scotty mac, ryan, musty

You want people who have been playing regularly and in form.

Lowry's been at LB for Milwall, while Davidson has played only 71 minutes since the start of February - Lowry goes there while we bring someone else in at CB - maybe this is where Sainsbury comes in.

Bresciano hasn't played since march and isn't a watercarrier - why not play Jedinak there?

Holland was dire last time he played, I'd rather McKay.

Rogic isn't playing enough but we're thin on talent there, I'd probably play Cahill in that spot. I'd even put Brosque in front of him just at the moment.

Rukavytsya has been injured for basically all of 2013. McDonald should probably be the first choice for want of better options - with someone like Duke as a total smoky.

McBreen misses out for one really simple reason - he'd be a stop-gap, he's not going to be on the plane to Brazil regardless so I'm not sure it's the right call to pick him, and we've got to be looking ahead to the Asian Cup in 2015.

I'm ignoring non-Mariners from the HAL, simply because they won't be close to match-fit.

sydmariner

You want people who have been playing regularly and in form.

Lowry's been at LB for Milwall, while Davidson has played only 71 minutes since the start of February - Lowry goes there while we bring someone else in at CB - maybe this is where Sainsbury comes in.

Bresciano hasn't played since march and isn't a watercarrier - why not play Jedinak there?

Holland was dire last time he played, I'd rather McKay.

Rogic isn't playing enough but we're thin on talent there, I'd probably play Cahill in that spot. I'd even put Brosque in front of him just at the moment.

Rukavytsya has been injured for basically all of 2013. McDonald should probably be the first choice for want of better options - with someone like Duke as a total smoky.

McBreen misses out for one really simple reason - he'd be a stop-gap, he's not going to be on the plane to Brazil regardless so I'm not sure it's the right call to pick him, and we've got to be looking ahead to the Asian Cup in 2015.

I'm ignoring non-Mariners from the HAL, simply because they won't be close to match-fit.
get rid of J.Davidson he's nowhere near as good as his father was never has been & never will b that's why his father was voted australias greatet ever LB

midfielder

Squad for Japan announced...

Socceroos squad is:
Mark BRESCIANO, Al Gharafa, QATAR - 66 (12 goals)
Alex BROSQUE, Al-Ain Club, UAE - 21 (5)
Tim CAHILL, New York Red Bulls, USA - 61 (27)
Robert CORNTHWAITE, Chunnam Dragons, KOREA REPUBLIC - 7 (3)
Ivan FRANJIC, Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA - 3 (0)
Eugene GALEKOVIC, Adelaide United FC, AUSTRALIA - 6 (0)
James HOLLAND, FK Austria Vienna, AUSTRIA - 10 (0)
Brett HOLMAN, Aston Villa FC, ENGLAND - 59 (9)
Mile JEDINAK, Crystal Palace FC, ENGLAND - 38 (3)
Josh KENNEDY, Nagoya Grampus, JAPAN - 30 (15)
Robbie KRUSE, Fortuna Dusseldorf, GERMANY - 23 (2)
Mitchell LANGERAK (gk), Borussia Dortmund, GERMANY
Ryan McGOWAN, Shandong Luneng, CHINA PR - 3 (0)
Matthew McKAY, Changchun Yatai FC, CHINA PR - 35 (1)
Mark MILLIGAN, Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA - 19 (2)
Lucas NEILL, uncontracted - 89 (0)
Jade NORTH, Brisbane Roar FC, AUSTRALIA - 39 (0)
Tommy OAR, FC Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - 7 (0)
Sasa OGNENOVSKI, Umm Salal SC, QATAR - 18 (1)
Tom ROGIC, Celtic FC, SCOTLAND - 4 (0)
Mark SCHWARZER (gk), Fulham FC, ENGLAND - 105 (0)
Archie THOMPSON, Melbourne Victory FC, AUSTRALIA - 47 (28)
Michael THWAITE, Perth Glory FC, AUSTRALIA - 11 (0)
Dario VIDOSIC, Adelaide United FC, AUSTRALIA - 14 (1)
Luke WILKSHIRE, FK Dinamo Moscow, RUSSIA - 75 (8)
Michael ZULLO, FC Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - 10 (0)

midfielder

How the F...

Michael THWAITE, Jade NORTH, Robert CORNTHWAITE …. tell me of these three and Trent Sainsbury who would you want in your side…

Scotty Mac plays in the EPL and is not as good as Brosque, Archie …

My side…based on the squad chosen
_______Schwarzer————
Wilkshire–Neill–Ogre–Zullo
———Holman-Bresh———
Kruse———-Cahill———-Oar
————-Kennedy————-
Bench, Rogic, Jedi, Holland, Milligan, McKay, Langerak,

With Bresh as a holding mid we don’t need two sitting back holding mids… what Holman is brilliant at is closing down space … For mine have Holman closing down space in the box to half way line … and he is not a bad ball player and gives Bresh someone to pass to..
My Shape …4 1 1 13 1

dibo

You're playing two attacking mids as defensive mids. We'd get destroyed.

Jedinak and McKay or Milligan as the DMs is the only way to go.

Maybe even play Jedi screening alone with

Schwarzer​
Wilkshire Neill Ognenovski Zullo​
Jedinak​
Kruse Cahill Holman Oar​
Kennedy​

FFC Mariner

#HolgerOut

Doesn't pick Kewell because he doesn't have a club (correct), picks Luca$h as captain even though he doesn't have a club.

Bloke is a retard.

Wonder how bad it has to get before he is sacked?

dibo

#HolgerOut

Doesn't pick Kewell because he doesn't have a club (correct), picks Luca$h as captain even though he doesn't have a club.

Bloke is a retard.

Wonder how bad it has to get before he is sacked?
Luca$h at least has been playing this year. Kewell... not so much.

The armband is the main reason Luca$h stays, but really, Rhys Williams must be wondering what he's gotta do. Captain of Middlesbrough at CB and can't make the squad. Meanwhile Thwaite gets a gig, having played his last game in the A-League two months ago!

Ditto re: Thompson in front of McDonald (29, top scorer at Middlesbrough this year, last played less than a fortnight ago loses out to a 34 year old in poor form in a lesser league who last played more than a month ago).

Ridiculous situation where players in form are missing out.

Holger started very well, but I've no idea what the hell he's trying to do. We're quite likely not going to qualify, and we won't have used the opportunity to build a team to win the Asian Cup in 2015, we're going to go to shit after this and we'll have no competitive matches to build and harden a new squad.

sydmariner

The armband is the main reason Luca$h stays, but really, Rhys Williams must be wondering what he's gotta do. Captain of Middlesbrough at CB and can't make the squad. Meanwhile Thwaite gets a gig, having played his last game in the A-League two months ago!

Ditto re: Thompson in front of McDonald (29, top scorer at Middlesbrough this year, last played less than a fortnight ago loses out to a 34 year old in poor form in a lesser league who last played more than a month ago).

Holger started very well, but I've no idea what the hell he's trying to do. We're quite likely not going to qualify, and we won't have used the opportunity to build a team to win the Asian Cup in 2015, we're going to go to shit after this and we'll have no competitive matches to build and harden a new squad.
i agree we need 2 play more friendlys as well

dibo

Serious thing- isn't it harder to type '2' than 'to'? If I'm typing I'm far more likely to quickly rattle out the T-O than I am to stretch up for the 2.

It's harder to read too.

</unsolicited advice>

midfielder

Gotta agree ... especially the CB's and Strikers...

Hand on heart not the other thing …. Rhys Williams & Trent Sainsbury are much better than Thwaite, North & Cornthwaite..

Scotty Mac plays in the Champions Division and we have Beoqsue [who must have a photo of Frank] and Archie …

Agree your comment on Lucas who keeps his spot I guess because he is captain and a good organiser at the back… but the lack of pace with Lucas & Ognenovski as the likely centre pairing is scary …

Trent Sainsbury is very quick maybe the fastest centre back in the A-League not sure on Rhys but I can remember he is also quick…Thwaite, North & Cornthwaite are all slow … we need someone with pace to support Lucas…

Wonders aloud also about Lucas … saw him play for SFC and gotta say he looked no better than a lot of CB's going around and maybe it’s time to look for a new captain… BTW I have huge respect for Lucas just saying maybe he is also getting well past his best…

On the coach I have for a while believed he needed to be replaced … the squad selection SCREAMS for him to go…

dibo

but seriously, it's time for us to get an aussie. it'd be nice if the domestic league adopted international breaks too. we're all grown up, our HAL players are capable. it's time to see the league as a major source of players for the NT and structure it to suit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred