• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd CCMariners v Broar

Brighty

I disagree with that . they got a good/lucky goal because they have midfielders . where everyone can score.
we deserve better , but we lack finish in the midfield .
beath cruelled a penalty , a red card for corona . I couldn't tell why the goal was disallowed
other than it wasn't for the roar .

Beath was utter dross and lost control of the game, however our goal was correctly called offside... two players one of which it deflected off.

rbakersmith

Mariners can recover from A-League slump: Rose

josh-rose-controls-the-ball-in-front-of-roar-strike-henrique_19n2rnm0e2jt21ggunrc46sfhg.jpg

Josh Rose controls the ball in front of Roar striker Henrique.
Sunday, 20 December 2015-
@DamienBellemore

Defender Josh Rose is adamant morale in the Mariners camp remains strong despite the club suffering its fifth straight defeat against Brisbane on Sunday.

Central Coast will likely see out 2015 in bottom place on the Hyundai A-League ladder but Rose said the squad were unperturbed by their recent poor run.

The defender, who made his 150th league appearance for the Mariners, felt his side deserved to take something away from Gosford, having been beaten by a late Dimi Petratos winner.

“I think the first half was disappointing, we couldn’t keep the ball enough to gain enough strength going forward,” Rose told ABC grandstand post match.

“We still created the odd chance in transition; it was just that final ball that was lacking.

thomas-broich-controls-the-ball-in-front-of-mariners-captain-nick-montgomery_1y21hjcyz9t5f154xo4v719nw7.jpg

“We had a few good chances and I think if we’d got that final ball it might have been a different story.”

The Mariners have failed to win since the opening round but Rose is confident the new year will bring a change in fortunes.

“Definitely we can turn it around. There was a lot of soul searching this week,” he said.

“Although today it didn’t go our way there were chances in the second half where the boys really stuck together and got a lot of hard work done.

“It’s disappointing not to win but we’ll pick ourselves back up. We’ve got nowhere to hide now, we’ve got to come back out on Boxing Day against Sydney and try to get the result.

Reflecting on his personal milestone Rose beamed with pride having become just the fifth player in Central Coast’s history to play 150 A-League matches.

“It’s a proud moment for me. It would’ve been nice to get the win but it wasn’t to be.

“It’s nice to get 150 games for this club, it’s a great club and a great moment for me personally.”

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/...ague-season-around/1ejbwe04rdm6i15govz2dsv76n

Big Al

Gutsy going with Roux higher up but after last weeks performance and Fab under done and Adelson broken was worth a try. Didn't really work but wasn't a massive fail either.

However the Monty sub didn't just have Monty pissed it had me scratching my head as well.

Monty had stuck to McKay like glue all game and got right up him. Was great to watch.

But trying to attack at home late is commendable but you can't do it at the expense of opening up our defence. He took both Liam and Monty off and left huge holes late which I think contributed to the goal.

Rosey you can't give that much space in the box and where was some help as well.

Big Al

Hey linesman you can't be offside if you are playing at home and need an equaliser. There was only 3 of them loitering.

Big Al

Once again the opposition didn't really threaten but we give up a goal again. Switch on and stay on and Rosey was part of it again.

Wombat

Gutsy going with Roux higher up but after last weeks performance and Fab under done and Adelson broken was worth a try. Didn't really work but wasn't a massive fail either.

However the Monty sub didn't just have Monty pissed it had me scratching my head as well.

Monty had stuck to McKay like glue all game and got right up him. Was great to watch.

But trying to attack at home late is commendable but you can't do it at the expense of opening up our defence. He took both Liam and Monty off and left huge holes late which I think contributed to the goal.

Rosey you can't give that much space in the box and where was some help as well.

Rose, especially, and also Harry stood off........,when you have to close down!!

Big Al

Was it me or were we diving a bit today?

Austin was down other end so didn't have a clear view but looked to go through them get to the box and fall instead of getting to ball and blasting home. Looked like some contact but looked like he was through then dropped. Thoughts what did people see.

Then Roy with Stefanoto. Stefanoto definitely stopped and made all efforts to avoid Roy and I thought he didn't touch Roy ( but was on other side of field to me). Roy seemed to get past but know it was close and hit the deck knowing it would be his second yellow. The thing I couldn't understand is how is it not a yellow either way. Either Roy dived or was clipped. Can't just wave that one away. The ref seemed to talk to Roy after as if to warn him for diving. Not sure you can warn him you just have to card him. What was everyone else's thoughts?

midfielder

We seemed to find our back four today and maybe our two screenings mids ... could not understand why we subbed by our screening mids for two attacking mids ... Fitzy was exhausted why he was left on and Monty taken off and then why play him back instead of AC at the back puzzled me... honestly through the goal was no screening mid tracking the run....

If as Big Al says that was a dive by Roy I would bench him next week he had an open run at goal .... if he was taken out then the ref should be benched for a few weeks...

Wombat

Oh dear, another loss. Is this worst than Moss was at this point last season?

No comparison. Last year we made no attempt to play Football.
This year we have been a bit unlucky (robbed by refs against Scum and bling).
It's starting to look a bit ugly but we are still competitive.
If we buy 3 or 4 new players in Jan we will be ok.

MagpieMariner

I'm pretty sure, without checking, that this is the first game we haven't given up multiple goals. Not a bad effort against a class team.

Wombat

Ok.
My thoughts.
Back 4 looked better without Storm in it but Posco was sloppy with his passing.
The defence was better but loose when Roar scored.
McGing looked the best of the back 4.
Monty and Austin did well.
Roy impressed me but I wish he was a better finisher.
We looked better without Cac starting but Fitz is not number 10 in a million years.
Once Fab and cac came on we lifted and had a go for 10 mins.
Isso had a much better game.

Not terrible but not great either.

Gratis

I disagree with that . they got a good/lucky goal because they have midfielders . where everyone can score.
we deserve better , but we lack finish in the midfield .
beath cruelled a penalty , a red card for corona . I couldn't tell why the goal was disallowed
other than it wasn't for the roar .
It was always going to happen. Here's the script 'the mariners play admirably with great heart but a lapse means the opposition take advantage and score and take the points.' Brisbane of all teams were likely to follow the usual script, they're too good a team to not take one of several opportunities. Don't get me wrong we could and maybe should have pinched it and perhaps deserved at least a point.

The upshot is with Ferriera fully fit we'll be back to competitive and my hopes are a win is around the corner. It's a little scary how far into the wooden spoon we are though

Gratis

Sim played some quick and intelligent passes, Izzo made some great saves

Starting to think I'd like to see a 442 with the following, just to try it:
Roux-Posco/Ascroft-McGing-Rose
Fab-Monty-L.Rose/Sim/Cac-Austin
-----Bingham/Heff ------ Roy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads