• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd CCMariners v Broar

Gratis

Do we know if Ferriera is back for this? Big difference if he is.
How's Monty's hammy?

Roux - Posco - McGing - Rose
------Monty - Ascroft/L.Rose
Ferriera - Caceres --- Austin
------------- Roy

Subs: Fitz, Sim, Ascroft/L.Rose, Neill/Bingham

Expect Fab to be subbed due to fitness, Ascroft or LRose to swap for the other, Sim on for whoever needs it.

Kind of don't care if we win. Just want to play well and consistently all game with no brain farts. A platform to improve from for future games.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

No, pre Xmas piss up in CCLC.

Apart from said piss up, I cant remember when I wanted to go to a game less. I'll be there but they do make it hard.

Plus maybe this will be the nadir, maybe this will be when we say "remember that Roar game? Thats when we started to come back"

bloody football

sydmariner

No, pre Xmas piss up in CCLC.

Apart from said piss up, I cant remember when I wanted to go to a game less. I'll be there but they do make it hard.

Plus maybe this will be the nadir, maybe this will be when we say "remember that Roar game? Thats when we started to come back"

bloody football
The pre game function with TW is in 1 of the boxes inside bts

Spacks

Roux - Posco - Ashcroft - Rose
------Monty - McGing/L Rose
Ferriera - Caceres --- Austin
------------- Roy

I think this is a pretty decent first team. I swapped McGing and Ashcroft because Ashcroft is a natural centreback whereas McGing can play play CB and DM pretty well.

Forum Phoenix

Six weeks out witj a hammy - wouldnt be surprised if Fab comes off the bench for 30 for his first game back just to be safe.

Big Al

Could get ugly this one.

They dominated us last time..was an experienced team knowing where each other were with suppurb touch and pace killing us.

That said with negative press and a top side playing against us we could be specials:santa:

Forum Phoenix

Ok, so we're now 4pts behind AU and 5 behind Glory.
Got Roar this week, who have lost two from their opening ten...

This on top of all that's been happening, does make it seem a bit grim.

So I've been doing some calculations to allow us to focus on what's possible, and be positive moving forwards from here...

If Wanderers, who are top of the league, continue with their current Win Loss Draw ratio, (and we can go undefeated for the rest of the season) they will unfortunately still pip us at the post by a point.

So, if we're going to win the plate, I'm afraid it will require Wanderers to drop two additional points and it is not entirely in our hands. I know, I know, thats not ideal. But it's obviously going to be close (once we go undefeated from here) And if they only drop one point, it will come down to goal difference between us... and given the current projections for GD are as follows...

WSW
21.6 GA
43.2 GF
22 GD

CCM
62 GA
28GF
-34 GD

...we just need Roy to score another 57 goals, and we can win it that way.

But my only concern about this plan, it that it might prove a double edged sword as their is a fair chance we'd go bust from the cost of the additional gunpowder.

Also squad depth being what it is, I am a little concerned about the likely state of Izzo's back when we head into the finals, as he will have had to pick the ball out of the back of the net an additional 39 times.
BUT, the important thing is that the dream is still alive. :overheadl:
And I'm sure the goals will come now that Roy has a clear target to aim for. :headbounce:

COYY :pirashoot:

Last edited:

Gratis

A-League: Mariners star Anthony Caceres is sick of losing and is desperate for success against Brisbane
December 17, 2015 9:18am
Steven MaherCentral Coast Gosford Express Advocate

LIKE all his teammates, Central Coast Mariners star Anthony Caceres is fed up.
The multi-talented ballplayer is sick of losing.

Ten games into the A-League season and the Mariners are sitting in last place. All they have to show for all the hard work is a round- one win and two draws. For a club with such a proud history, it’s not good enough.

“Losing hurts, no one wants to lose, it’s been too long since we’ve had a win to celebrate,’’ Caceres said this week. “For the club, all of us players and the supporters, we need a victory to give everyone at the club some confidence. Winning will give everyone a lift.’’

The weekend’s 2-1 loss to Perth was especially painful. Like many times before, the Mariners looked winners at stages of the contest only to be badly exposed for a brief spell.

A similar lapse on Sunday could end in defeat when second-placed Brisbane hit Central Coast Stadium.

“As Tony (coach Tony Walmsley) has said throughout the season, we feel like we’re not far off, it’s about showing up in key moments whether it be with a desperate tackle at the back or putting a chance away upfront,’’ Caceres said.

“Our results need to change. I think if we get one win we can get some confidence and come home strongly in the second half of the season.’’

Caceres has been talked up as one of the club’s real talents since making his debut in January 2013. It took time to find his feet at the top level but this year, despite the poor results, his talent is obvious.

“I’m my biggest critic, you always want to play better,’’ he said. “I’m reasonably happy but I still feel I’m a bit off my potential.’’

In a huge boost, winger Fabio Ferreira is a chance to finally return on Sunday after several weeks out. Before suffering a leg injury, the former Adelaide player was one of the form players of the competition and his combination play with Storm Roux was a key factor in the Mariners solid start to the season.

After missing several weeks, it is likely Walmsley will use the star off the bench.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...against-brisbane/story-fngr8iaa-1227655615237

rbakersmith

No Fabio :(

Squad: 1. Paul IZZO (GK), 2. Storm ROUX, 3. Josh ROSE, 4. Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5. Harry ASCROFT, 6. Mitch AUSTIN, 8. Nick MONTGOMERY (c), 9. Roy O'DONOVAN, 10. Anthony CACERES, 11. Nick FITZGERALD, 15. Matthew SIM, 16. Liam ROSE, 19. Josh BINGHAM, 20. Anthony KALIK, 22. Jake McGING, 23. Tomislav USKOK, 25. Adam BERRY, 40. Tom HEWARD-BELLE (GK)
** two to be omitted **

Ins:
4 Jacob POSCOLIERO (promoted), 22 Jake McGING (promoted), 25 Adam BERRY (promoted)
Outs: 24 Jake ADELSON (knee - indefinite awaiting scan results), 7 Fabio FERREIRA (hamstring - 1 week), 18 Glen TRIFIRO (back - 2 weeks)

Forum Phoenix

@Forum Phoenix I think we would make up those 2 points as we have two games against them, so they drop 6 points there ;)

No I had taken that into account. Unfortunately this is based on WSW current win loss draw ratio so they can afford to lose both of the games that 'they will' be losing against us. Anyway what we really need to start focusing on is how we're going to raise the gunpowder money.

Last edited:

n4fe

Between the "gone to the pub" round to us not winning in 10 weeks hopefully we turn a corner on Sunday and this will be day 1 of us rebuilding in terms of active and results.
Just dreaming

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred