• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 14 v Victory

style_cafe

Don't look on the whirlpool forum then. He's a thug, worse than Muscat.
icon_rolleyes.gif
The difference between Matty and Muscat is that Matty is our thug...:popcorn:

style_cafe

I mentioned to style cafe if it was time for DDS to take a breather.
Maybe bring Wee Judas in?
Yep mate, and I laughed and said he way past it...I was right too,a few years ago he may have been quicker to the ball and Broxham wouldn`t have stood a chance in hacking him down.
Hell knows what he would have done with it if he did get there...:popcorn:

style_cafe

The incredible thing for me is that Victory didn`t score a clean goal.
Their first was a horrible deflection off our player which wrong footed Birras and the second was an Oggie.

Big shout out to Birras who put in a stella performance after the personal high/lows of this week,he`s so mentally tough...:popcorn:

Also congratulations to Matty who set some new records for his performance ie. 50 goals for the Mariners, he also extended his own record of the most league appearances off the bench and also added the latest goal ever score in an A- League fixture match.

Ads

I thought we started 3-5-2 but Kim moved up to make it 4-4-2, at times it looked like 2-6-2 and scared me. I need to watch the replay to check.
Sometimes it seems to me that our structure is very fluid with players moving around freely. Quite often in defence midfielders are filling the role of fullbacks, covering for them when they get too far forward. It seems to work and allow the team to scramble well in defence but I fear it may be causing some of the need to scramble.
It could also explain why we can be slow in transitioning into attack, no one knows where players are expected to be.
Maybe someone with a keener eye to structure and a better understanding can explain it to me.

100%
Tommy and Miller come too far up and created 2 at the back when only just regained possession.

but yes, 3 distinct changes as the game progressed

Michael

I thought we thoroughly deserved the win in the end and it’s 1000% about time we got some of that f**king wildly late dramatic VAR luck. Both of victory’s goal were very flukey efforts that leave us all angry and sometimes make us turn on our players when we lose. Dobras’ goal was never going in if no deflection and Traore over hitting a cross that hits kye off the post? No way they deserved three points they did f**k all else to deserve it.
Our game plan got very predictable pretty fast but then Miller finally gave a high quality cross and it was a perfect header from Muzz.
The rest was that old school fight and we got the luck we of all clubs deserved. And as much as I’ve been off Matty in this stint, it honestly almost brought me to tears watching him celebrate both pens. These wins mean so much more to us than the other clubs.

On the tactical side, it was a 4 4 2 diamond. Slater and Hill thought it was 5 3 2 the whole way despite it being glaringly obvious Kim was in midfield from the 2nd minute onwards. Jair was a lot more involved and looked very sharp.
Kye was my MOM but so many deserve mentions.

Wombat

Great night on the bet:
- Dobras first goal scorer at $15
- Mariners draw HT, win FT at $9
- Rowles anytime scorer at $12 (ruled offside but then scored an oggy)
- Missed Stensness anytime yellow at $3.90.

And a Mariners win above all.

Deserved at least a point. Absolutely pumped first half but dominated second half. Dodgy penalty at the end should have been given earlier so it evened up.

Bloke i was with, his son had won on every HAL game and the bet for the clean sweep was a Mariners win. He knocked back the cash out before the game which would have been $200. Thought he had done his original $10 stake but ended up winning $1050!!

Well played to you both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami