Rd 14 v Victory

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by turbo, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

Out of all the positives, negatives and crazy drama. The biggest thing that stood out for me, is how f**king good of a player Kye is.
    Sainsbury-esque imo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. midfielder

midfielder Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. style_cafe

style_cafe Well-Known Member

The difference between Matty and Muscat is that Matty is our thug...:popcorn:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. style_cafe

Yep mate, and I laughed and said he way past it...I was right too,a few years ago he may have been quicker to the ball and Broxham wouldn`t have stood a chance in hacking him down.
    Hell knows what he would have done with it if he did get there...:popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. style_cafe

Probably looking for a new coach...:popcorn:

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. Jakenr26

Jakenr26 Member

Saw him as I was leaving. Shouted to
    him “Where are the jets mate?!?” He gave me a thumbs up and smiled. Dickhead.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. style_cafe

The incredible thing for me is that Victory didn`t score a clean goal.
    Their first was a horrible deflection off our player which wrong footed Birras and the second was an Oggie.

Big shout out to Birras who put in a stella performance after the personal high/lows of this week,he`s so mentally tough...:popcorn:

Also congratulations to Matty who set some new records for his performance ie. 50 goals for the Mariners, he also extended his own record of the most league appearances off the bench and also added the latest goal ever score in an A- League fixture match.

• Like Like x 6
  9. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

And Matty hasn't tried to put a young player out of the game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Usually get up to watch KO, unable this time. Watched replay, deserved 3p.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. true believer

true believer Well-Known Member

can't wait for geelong game .
    ooooh lord you shined on us today . but may we please have a rudan melt down next sunday .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. turbo

turbo Well-Known Member

At one stage there, I think around a kick off, it was a clear 4-2-2-2 setup but it seemed pretty fluid so I could definitely see how you’d get different opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ads

Ads Active Member

100%
    Tommy and Miller come too far up and created 2 at the back when only just regained possession.

but yes, 3 distinct changes as the game progressed

14. NoDiggity

NoDiggity Well-Known Member

Bobby Burns (Jets left back) was there too, waiting by the tunnel after the game. No idea why

• Interesting Interesting x 4
  15. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

Tisk tisk Tara

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. Michael

matt McKay was also there with his baby in a roar jersey... all star event apparently

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  17. Michael

I thought we thoroughly deserved the win in the end and it’s 1000% about time we got some of that f**king wildly late dramatic VAR luck. Both of victory’s goal were very flukey efforts that leave us all angry and sometimes make us turn on our players when we lose. Dobras’ goal was never going in if no deflection and Traore over hitting a cross that hits kye off the post? No way they deserved three points they did f**k all else to deserve it.
    Our game plan got very predictable pretty fast but then Miller finally gave a high quality cross and it was a perfect header from Muzz.
    The rest was that old school fight and we got the luck we of all clubs deserved. And as much as I’ve been off Matty in this stint, it honestly almost brought me to tears watching him celebrate both pens. These wins mean so much more to us than the other clubs.

On the tactical side, it was a 4 4 2 diamond. Slater and Hill thought it was 5 3 2 the whole way despite it being glaringly obvious Kim was in midfield from the 2nd minute onwards. Jair was a lot more involved and looked very sharp.
    Kye was my MOM but so many deserve mentions.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Bloke i was with, his son had won on every HAL game and the bet for the clean sweep was a Mariners win. He knocked back the cash out before the game which would have been $200. Thought he had done his original $10 stake but ended up winning $1050!!

Well played to you both.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Ozhammer

Ozhammer Well-Known Member

Probably wanted to watch a football team with real heart for a change.....:vhappy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ozhammer

Ozhammer Well-Known Member

We will be in Geelong for the OSC Tour of Duty and really looking forward to helping the boys upset the apple cart against WU. COYY!

• Like Like x 4