Rd 14 v Victory

Discussion in 'Central Coast Mariners FC' started by turbo, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Coast Football Ramble

Coast Football Ramble Well-Known Member

He attends any CCM match he can as he still loves the club that he built.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. greenlig

greenlig Well-Known Member

Well isn't today just a beautiful day.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Dramatic win.
    We didnt play very well. Our off the ball movement is woeful. When we did show for the ball and played with fluidity we looked excellent.
    Silvera and Simon gave us the impetus to win. DDS had a shocker. Sten's passing is very Melling like but he gets through alot of work. Oar was generally poor and nearly cost us a goal in 35min. Kye and Ziggy were awesome. Miller impressed me.

3pts Simon
    2pts Kim
    1pt. Ziggy and Rowles.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Elite

Elite Active Member

Such a refreshing feeling to start the week on a high :overheadl:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

I thought we deserved the win. At 2-1 down I was again licking wounds and thinking how's the luck. Turns out the luck was listening!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

About time we played 2 up front im(novice)o

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

There definitely was a few times Tommy got caught up field and just plain caught out but he gave us a fair bit going forward too. But I still felt more comfortable with him than Clisby.
    Stens’ form has dropped the same as it has recently with Silvera. You’ll always get that with the young boys though.
    We’re really starting to see the best of Kim each week now. Miller keeps blowing me away too. Surely a few year extension incoming for him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

Agree, we need to keep doing this until we get a striker capable of playing on his own. Two up front makes the defence work harder, they can't concentrate on just one player.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

I've spoken to Lawrie personally for extended periods (as I'm sure many here have) and he can't hold back his love for CCM. He's like this whilst being the scum CEO. He told me rather directly once that he'd be back at the club in a heartbeat if he could help. But that at the moment his help wasn't wanted.

I feel mixed on this. I don't like his unfurling the scum banner at our final and his gimmicks at our expense

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Waspish

Waspish Active Member

So - Matt Simon and Michael McGlinchey come together to win us an old fashioned backs to the wall 3-2 win when 2-1 down in extra time old school mariners comeback fairy tale win. Blast from the past or what.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

For a change it was our subs that won us the game. Nice to have that depth, especially over Victory whose subs were trash.

No injuries at the moment giving us that depth so we need to capitalise while we are in this situation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Forum Phoenix

Forum Phoenix Well-Known Member

Yeah I had this thought. Lot of money and patience required... but we got there eh. Both to start next week?? :innocent:

13. RECKY

RECKY I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit

Hope they don’t do a Hoole and resign both Simon and Wee mac cause of some decent goals

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

There to meet up with Ziggy. They have mutual friends in Scotland apparently.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  15. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Well-Known Member

I was very impressed with Simon's interview after the match. He spoke extremely well and showed a lot of maturity and commonsense.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Tevor

Tevor Well-Known Member

It is nice to have some good feelings about both players after a game instead of what I've felt all season. I'll give it to Simon he does handle a Pen well even with Broxham doing his absolute best to put him off with delaying tactics. And Wee Mac's run into the box was excellent, Broxham clearly didn't trust Roux to handle him.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. stormin

stormin Member

The experience Simon & Mcglinchey have is invaluable to the younger players ,Mcglinchey’s experience In chasing down lost causes won that penalty we’re others would have given it up and Simon was never going to miss that opportunity to win the game ,these 2 have always had the winning mentality for the big games their records speaks for itself .

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ozhammer

Ozhammer Well-Known Member

He did indeed but I have to say that I am still chuckling over Bozza’s expression post-game, which was that of someone chewing a wasp - priceless! :headbounce:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ozhammer

Ozhammer Well-Known Member

Would you? :popcorn:

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. greenlig

greenlig Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Mrs. McGlinchey :)

But it was actually good seeing it, felt like the old days. For the night, I forgave all :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Meh Meh x 1