• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R7 v WSW away

Ozhammer

I am thinking that the relative lack of posts on this thread probably point to our collective apprehension about this fixture?

If we are unable to beat a struggling Wanderers, what does that say about our prospects for this season? As others have said, the next three games are crucial to the path that the team is likely to take for the remainder of this campaign. A couple of wins potentially puts us in contention for the top six and will give the boys something tangible to aim at, whereas a loss or two could be devastating to the belief that we need to retain.

MMM will need to consider how we set up against WSW, just like he did against Glory and SFC, as we need to match them and not be unnecessarily exposed. Like many on here, I will be disappointed if Melling starts if Tom H is fit and Millar or McGing could rightly feel aggrieved if either lose there spots after their efforts in last week’s game.

Heading down for this one on the bus and hoping we will all be smiling after the final whistle.

COYY!

Last edited:

turbo

Clisby out for a back 4? Rowles over to the left?

Makes sense but seems a bit harsh to cut Clisby and retain Golec, talk about mixed messages. Clisby hasnt been his best but he didnt pass to the best player in the comp just outside the box.

If we are unable to beat a struggling Wanderers, what does that say about our prospects for this season?

It would be silly to underestimate WSW in this one. Their coach would have given them hell this week and their next games are Sydney, Adelaide, City and Victory. This is an important game for them too and they'll know it. A loss could see them 10th by the end of the year, especially if the nix can bring the same performance they brought against Perth.

I think lack of posts is more about limited information about the team along with some apprehension. I'm optimistic but the last few years have taught me a thing or two about that.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If we win and nix lose well at least be off the bottom.. A 5-0 win puts us ahead of scum if they lose.... Lol
We need to get wins on the table before the derby on Xmas eve eve.
If we lose tonight we face nix with lowered confidence. Odds will be on them, and scum will f**k us over. We need these 2 wins to bring it against Jest. And from there, we're suddenly eyeing off a top 6.
Can we get 3 wins on the table?
I haven't watched the drivebys all year and I missed our game last week.. No idea waft to expect.
Tom H worries me.. It seems that something is being concealed from us...

Wombat

I think it is just a coach flexing his muscles. He obviously likes Mellings tackling over Tom's creativity and class on the ball.

The obvious pairing is Aiden and Tom. Persisting with Melling is simply misguided.

Offsider

I think it is just a coach flexing his muscles. He obviously likes Mellings tackling over Tom's creativity and class on the ball.

The obvious pairing is Aiden and Tom. Persisting with Melling is simply misguided.

Misguided maybe .......... hopefully ......... but it is also a symptom (no pun intended) of not wanting to get injured while in the “exit” hall.
Mc’s big spend wasted because of results and jan window close enough to recoup some cash.

Wouldn’t blame him as spoon to eighth is only on offer it would seem ............ and tom will be free agent at end of season ???

localpom

It could be Tom is leaving come Jan and he is trying to get Melling up to speed. In the scheme of things playing Tom if he is going is a waste of time.

turbo

In the scheme of things playing Tom if he is going is a waste of time.

Is it though? If that tips a draw to a win or a loss to a draw we've secured some important points. I don't think the people of the coast are expecting miracles but if we can move up to even 8th it puts some distance on the spoon and buys some hope and goodwill.

Edit: We've had 1 win in the last 12 months. If playing a departing player can tip us over for another one or two I think it's well worth it.

localpom

Is it though? If that tips a draw to a win or a loss to a draw we've secured some important points. I don't think the people of the coast are expecting miracles but if we can move up to even 8th it puts some distance on the spoon and buys some hope and goodwill.

Edit: We've had 1 win in the last 12 months. If playing a departing player can tip us over for another one or two I think it's well worth it.
I think though, in the context of the whole season we will get more points by playing who we have now. All hypothetical though as i will be praying Tommy is staying.

turbo

I hope he's staying too. The main reasoning behind my comments is the next 3 weeks are a great chance to put some points on the board, in the context of having 4 wins last year and the start we've had I don't think we're in a position to do anything to weaken that chance with the expectation of making it up later. We need to have our strongest starting XI that's available and give people a reason to hope or you'll have 4-5k turning up the day we do turn it around.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Not sure if Mulvey deleted half of my last post lol

But its gone and im not happy.

I cant be bothered to type it all again but i will suggest the following..

1. Mulvey is CLUELESS to pick Melling in front of Tommy.
2. Melling's work in the close control drills was average and his work in the 11 v 11 was shite.
3. To think Melling is a starting 11 player is worrying but to think he is worth replacing our best Middy is simply stupid...Monty pull him aside and bitch slap some sense into him.
Maybe Smelling got his hands on the blackmail material Gash is using to keep his keeper Coach gig

Offsider

I hope he's staying too. The main reasoning behind my comments is the next 3 weeks are a great chance to put some points on the board, in the context of having 4 wins last year and the start we've had I don't think we're in a position to do anything to weaken that chance with the expectation of making it up later. We need to have our strongest starting XI that's available and give people a reason to hope or you'll have 4-5k turning up the day we do turn it around.

I think mm has shown his hand ........ he doesn’t want to lose. Tough and ugly hard is the order of the day.

Victory had more trouble handling us ........ and we scored .......... than the games since.
Each and every game is going the same way so far.

It’s going to be a long season. Hopefully lessons learned will be implemented with the new management recruits.

Insertnamehere

Hasn’t tommy H been injured? Why would start a bloke whose been out for 3 was with a groin injury? If he doesn’t start this wk perhaps there’s something to query.

Wombat

My source tells me he has been available and raring to go as he is for tonights game. He was only injured for 1 game.

Ozhammer

My source tells me he has been available and raring to go as he is for tonights game. He was only injured for 1 game.
My understanding is that he was dropped to shake him out of his complacency, which I would have no issue with, if that applied to all players within the squad.

Wombat

My understanding is that he was dropped to shake him out of his complacency, which I would have no issue with, if that applied to all players within the squad.

Agree. He needed a kick up the Arse after the game when he was hooked early. Point made Mulvey now get back to putting out our best side.
Like you say, many other players have needed a shake up but it hasn't happened.

We have 4 top quality players in our squad from what i've seen. Aspro, Ross, Tommy and Aiden. (Weemac looks superb at training but less so in the games)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred