• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R7 v WSW away

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Cisse in for Golc cause as much as this hurts to say, I hope they have Golec on the bench from now on , his only good for 30 mins or less now
melling out for Dutch Tommy (permanently) and Wee Mac in for Hoole...of course I could be wrong

Insertnamehere

Cisse in for Golc cause as much as this hurts to say, I hope they have Golec on the bench from now on , his only good for 30 mins or less now
melling out for Dutch Tommy (permanently) and Wee Mac in for Hoole...of course I could be wrong
+1. As much as I hate say Golec's form has slid and Rowles is defs a goer. I think weemac and Hoole as 10 show we need a 10 badly. Tommy H in is a given.

Offsider

I don’t think anybody wants you to be wrong
:grouphug:

Timmah

1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 3.Jack CLISBY, 4.Jake McGING, 5.Antony GOLEC, 6.Tom HIARIEJ, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Adam PEARCE (gk), 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 16.Josh MACDONALD, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 20.Kalifa CISSE, 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 44.Ross McCORMACK
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 20.Kalifa CISSE (return from suspension) 44.Ross McCORMACK (return from injury)
Outs: nil
Unavailable: 10.Tommy OAR (knee), 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf), 25.Jordan MURRAY (ankle)

https://www.ccmariners.com.au/news/squad-news-round-7-v-wanderers

localpom

You would think Ross and Kali will be back, so maybe.......

.................................BK..................................
..Millar........Cisse..........Rowles.........Clisby.....
................Aiden........Tommy H.......................
...Hooley..............Matty..............Connor.........
............................Ross......................................

Or swap Matty and Ross around.

Michael

I think Ross will start on the bench if Mulvey keeps with his usual selection criteria. But wouldn’t be surprised if he starts though.
I hope we stick with the back 5 wing backs.

Baumjohann is similar to Ninkovic in that he drifts and roams in the pockets leaving his full back isolated for a wingback to attack and overlap. A reason why Millar was so effective.

Forum Phoenix

I think Ross will start on the bench if Mulvey keeps with his usual selection criteria. But wouldn’t be surprised if he starts though.
I hope we stick with the back 5 wing backs.

Baumjohann is similar to Ninkovic in that he drifts and roams in the pockets leaving his full back isolated for a wingback to attack and overlap. A reason why Millar was so effective.

Yeah think this is likely too. Ross will almost certainly start on bench and expect the 523 formation will be persisted with.

The only change that I think is in real question is with Cisse back whether Rowles or Golec gets dropped.

Sorry, but I don’t think we’ll see Tom H starting. And I’d be surprised if he didnt persist with Hoole .

Big Al

Mulvey on fox sports app

Cisse will play but Ross is less likely. Ross sounds like he definitely won’t start and might miss the game altogether

Last edited:

pjennings

Cisse in for Golec, I think if Tom is really fit he should come in for Melling, He lifted the team when he came on but did seem to be hesitant to take a long range drive so maybe he is not 100%.
----------------------------Kennedy-------------------------
----------McGing-----------Cisse-----------Rowles---------
Millar-------------Tommy H----------O'Neill---------Clisby
---------Hoole/WeeMac-----------------Pain-----------
-----------------------------Matty--------------------------

Pearce, Golec, Hoole/WeeMac, Melling, Shabow

N.B. Edited assuming Ross is out as per Wombat's post. Hoole/WeeMac and Pain to play narrow and allow Millar and Clisby to get the width.

Last edited:

Josho Howe

Just had a look at tickets for the game tomorrow on ticketmaster. $36 for an adult ticket with a $4.45 handling fee. That is the rort of all rorts.

priorpeter

They’ve always been one of the more expensive places to go. Paid $45 for an away bay ticket at pirtek a couple of years ago.

Wombat

Ok.
I watched training with Morrow (i'd be politer but thats what they call Erin on the poddie) today.
There were some good things and some bad things to report.
Ross will not be playing Friday and will not be on the bench.
They had a new keeper (for me)..... called Mumford. Apparently he is a youth keeper and a very good one. His kicks out were crawley style.
I liked him alot and not being mean to Pearce but he impressed we alot more but training is soft and apperently Pearce is boss at training sometimes.
They had a new nuggety RB with a filthy Nothern accent. Apparently an aussie but been in UK with Man U academy etc. Didnt look great in the drills but looked great when it came to defending in the actually game for the reserves. Alot of potential.
Monty played for the reserves and is still streets ahead of Melling.
Aspro had a full training session and he looks the goods.............id suggest our BEST cb.
Crocks......I didnt see Oar train at all and gameiro just worked the bike. Murray looks at least 2 weeks away.

The most alarming thing and i'm not f**king happy about this at all. Tommy H looks is perfect fitness and his one touch stuff in the warm ups was lovely to watch.

After the fitness ( new bloke lokes good but still

Wombat

Not sure if Mulvey deleted half of my last post lol

But its gone and im not happy.

I cant be bothered to type it all again but i will suggest the following..

1. Mulvey is CLUELESS to pick Melling in front of Tommy.
2. Melling's work in the close control drills was average and his work in the 11 v 11 was shite.
3. To think Melling is a starting 11 player is worrying but to think he is worth replacing our best Middy is simply stupid...Monty pull him aside and bitch slap some sense into him.

McGing will start again and hoole wont.

Ancient Mariner

If Mulvey picks Melling in front of Tommy H. again I am going to start losing heart.

"Where is HIARIEJ, he's f***ing quality."

Same as that other idiot years ago dropping Monty.

I think I would like Arnie back in the Jan. window.

Michael

Yeah I can’t make sense of Tom not starting etc. Mulvey must think there’s an attitude problem for some reason. There has to be more to it. And that scares me.
Melling, one of the biggest liabilities in the league. But he does have mongrel and that’s obviously what Mulvey wants right now unfortunately. It is costing us.

Strange they have a trialist in when we already have 47 first team players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred