• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R20 v 'Nux

iEatHands

I dont do calm.

6700+.

You missed a beauty but i agree 7pm is a hard ask at times.

I made sure my last call was in Hornsby.....Campbelltown and i'd have been struggling.

Haha fair call.

That's a great attendance for this time slot. I watched it on a stream and it looked like we were on fire! Tommy who?

midfielder

Mute point ... we won easily should have won by more ... but what about the ref and the linie [railway side] in the first half... two penalties not given, two yellow cards for what, two offside calls with a one on one with the keeper when replays showed the players onside...

My points....weeMac, Berine , McBreen / Sainsbury cannot spilt them...

bradley

Good game to watch last night, but in fairness the Phoenix were dreadful!!!

On the negative side though I'm worried about the amount of chances we misssed throughout the match (even though we scored 5), Pedj's 2 sitters missed, Monty hitting the post, Rosey missed a couple as well

If we can work on our finishing a little more I feel that we'll be unstoppable! Until then I'm worried that its going to come back and bite us on the ass in a finals match later on.

On the positive though, loved the combination of duke and bernie up front with mcbreen at number 10, would hate to be a tiring defence and have to face those 2 up front.

Also noticed how the flood gates opened as soon as sterjovski got subbed off

All in all fantastic match and I hope we do the same or worse to Glory next week!!!

midfielder

BREAKING NEWS:

The Australian Crime Commission has reviewed taped of last night’s match between the Central Coast Mariners and the Wellington Phoenix and has confirmed that there is no way possible the Phoenix could be taking performance enhancing substances!

finally retired

and Phoenix investigated for match fixing......probably big money for anyone with a 5-0 scoreline bet. Maybe even some of our own players involved too.....Pedj's 2 sitters missed, Monty hitting the post, Rosey missed a couple as well

I can see the Tele and AFL pointing at this game as an indication of the corruptness of football. :poo:

adz

Staff member
probably big money for anyone with a 5-0 scoreline bet. Maybe even some of our own players involved too.....Pedj's 2 sitters missed, Monty hitting the post, Rosey missed a couple as well

good theory if they all missed when the score was sitting on 5-0... otherwise :poo:

;)

bikinigirl

. as a fan you know things are headed in the right direction when the coach has this to say [paraphrased] after recording a 5-0 win:

the boys did ok, but we really need to improve our finishing

Reactions: adz

dibo

I got there in the end, and was glad I did. Well worth the 150km round trip.

style_cafe

Good game to watch last night, but in fairness the Phoenix were dreadful!!!

On the negative side though I'm worried about the amount of chances we misssed throughout the match (even though we scored 5), Pedj's 2 sitters missed, Monty hitting the post, Rosey missed a couple as well

If we can work on our finishing a little more I feel that we'll be unstoppable! Until then I'm worried that its going to come back and bite us on the ass in a finals match later on.

On the positive though, loved the combination of duke and bernie up front with mcbreen at number 10, would hate to be a tiring defence and have to face those 2 up front.

All in all fantastic match and I hope we do the same or worse to Glory next week!!!

Did I write this?
My exact thoughts.
Bradley,get out of my head :goodpost:

My only other comment would be how well the Yellow Army sang!! They were sensational especially with the new songs.The "I love you baby" chant was really rocking!!! great work everyone...

MrCelery

snip...

... snip

Must have been watching a different game. Actually Sterj had a pretty good game. He was on the field for the first three goals. Had some lovely interchanges. Had a hand in the first two goals, particularly the second, which was a gem gift for Hutcho.

Sure, it opened up late in the game. But by then Phoenix were knackered and we had a fresh Duke to tear them apart.

I'd agree though that Duke is more dynamic than Sterj, but they are different styles of player.

I get frustrated with Sterj's tempo at times, but in this game he had an influential part. Just saying. :)

MagpieMariner

I thought Sterj was pretty good last night too. I'm sure a less experienced player wouldn't have done as well with the cross for Hutcho's goal. By the time Sterj went off the 'Nux had given up.

Roy Law

Mariners barbeque Wellington lambs

When Arnie was appointed he said he wanted the Mariners to play entertaining winning football and to get the crowds coming to Bluetongue; he is almost there. The football is superbly entertaining and a crowd of 6,700 on the oddest of football nights, a Thursday, was a surprisingly good turnout.
I missed most of the first half due to last minute family duties but I saw enough to see Bernie and Bojic making huge inroads down the right. I could see the Mariners were up for this game from the start. When I was able to sit down and watch the second half it was no surprise we were 1-0 up with Bernie the scorer.
Wellington were woeful. Gone was all that traditional gritty Kiwi resistance, that spirited determination to spoil the party. They were toothless up front, non-existent in midfield and feeble in defence. None of this was of concern to the rampant Mariners who chopped up the Kiwi lamb and roasted it on the red hot barbecue of Bluetongue.
The commentator described the Mariners as unstoppable as a tsunami but I have always preferred the surfing analogy of sets of waves on nights like this. They simply attack with repetitive certainty, wave after wave after wave, it is a beautiful sight.
When Bojic somehow headed McGlinchey’s perfect cross onto the woodwork we groaned in frustration but that miss was nothing on the one a few minutes later when Bojic somehow didn’t convert Rose’s cross from right in front. Arnie sat unmoved. The man on the telly said that there can be few teams in world football where the LEFT FULL BACK places the ball in the six-yard box on the toe of the RIGHTFULL BACK. And he is right, but we all know about the attacking intent of our full backs.
Montgomery added his own miss of the unmissables when he hit the post from close in and finally Hutchinson converted Sterjovski’s intelligent pass across goal from a yard out. It says a lot about the Mariners attacking ambition, their disdain for Wellington, that Hutchinson and Montgomery, our holding midfielders, were so prominent in attack.
Hutch’s goal opened the floodgates: McBreen, criminally left unmarked, headed home McGlinchey’s corner; Bernie lashed home his second from McBreen’s unselfish pass and finally Duke, racing onto an excellent sharp ball, again I think from McBreen, with cold-eyed casualness slotted the ball through Paston’s legs.
The Mariners were awesome; this was another occasion when they might have scored ten. Gone are the days when we stumble against weaker teams. Once again they have laid down the marker to the chasing teams. There will be tougher games to come but all the Mariners can do is beat what is in front of them and tonight they did it in real style.

Because I missed a lot of the first half I can’t nominate a MoM. I thought the team, from the lightning quick outlet passes of Mat Ryan to the leading from the front of McBreen, didn’t have a single bad player.

Reactions: adz

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
oh and what about that fkn ref and his untalented
peons ?...the cloning of Stev Delovski should be
rushed through parliament

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads