• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R20 v Brisbane @ Gosford

pjennings

Nope.. can't f**king blame him... I reckon his anger was the thing keeping the team moving, and that's disregarding the three pens he was robbed of.
He was undisciplined, yes, but I think it was warranted given the circumstances and the way they've been playing lately in particular.
This is what? His second red ever?

Disgusting behaviour from Matt Simon but then equally unprofessional from the ref, who didn't give him anything from then on (after the early incident). He should be judging based on the rules, not whether he copped a spray early on or not.

The first yellow was only after 18 minutes. I think I can member six fouls on Matty by then (some of which should have been cardable) but we had not received a free kick for any of them. The referee and the fourth were a disgrace and only looked at one side. Mulvey probably spent 2 minutes total out of his area and was warned four times. The Roar coach would have been lucky to have spent 20 minutes in his area. Mulvey was try to get Murray on and the fourth let them take two throws and he waited on the sideline for around 5 minutes.

Consistency was all that was needed from the ref. That was a comfortable win for the Roar. Without the benefit of a replay at this stage I think with an even handed ref it could have been a comfortable win for us.

Last edited:

pjennings

Kennedy played like he did against Scum when we lost 8.2. I thought about giving all the players a rating but its too harsh when some of them were in the 3 or below class but I was actually going to rate Kennedy a 0 tonight and that would be a 1st for me, even Trott scored a 2.
Kennedy HAS to be dropped, his confidence has dropped and he has gone from a liability to a f**king disaster.
Bring in Gauci or my choice Aidan Munford. I also tell you the Moari from Canberra at training would NOT have conceeded those goals.

Can't remember them all The first was poor defending and I can;t blame him for that. The third goal was very poor - he seemed to have it easily covered. The one where he got beaten and didn't seem to move I suspect got a touch on the way through after he committed one way so I won't blame him for that. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

Forum Phoenix

Rubbish the Ref was a complete flog. We were ill disciplined on that i agree but the Ref was giving a master class in double standards and there were at least 2 penalty claims that were vastly more obvious that Brosques dive last week. Matt Simon's spray to the Ref in the 1st hard was absurd.

Swap the keepers and we win that game 5.1.

Exactly.

We dominated for large patches even with 10 men. Rub of the green and Kennedy cost us that match first and foremost.

Everything I could/would say has been said.

We have to start again. Regardless of Tom Keeping Kennedy and Hoole is enough to have me convinced that we need a new coach. Mike is delusional if I thinks they are sssets to our team. Nash has to go as well. He’s failed us for too long.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Can't remember them all The first was poor defending and I can;t blame him for that. The third goal was very poor - he seemed to have it easily covered. The one where he got beaten and didn't seem to move I suspect got a touch on the way through after he committed one way so I won't blame him for that. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

That 3rd (if im thinking of the right one) was moving so slowly that he should have been able to change his balance 3 times. The speed with which Young gets down in comparison shows the absolute gulf in class. Kennedy is not HAL standard. Worse player to have ever had consistent game time in our club.

Last edited:

marinermick

It is up to the manager to be aware of this and prepare the team accordingly. Similar to goalkeepers who should be aware of likely penalty takers and study their style.

It is all preparation in a professional game that is sadly missing in this club.

When you are in a cafe at Terrigal by midday most days you are a wage thief.

marinermick

When you have a look at this goal look at how flat footed Kennedy is. He just can’t move from being back on his heels.

There were plenty of puzzling stuff going on last night but this was the most puzzling for me; a goalkeeper playing in the highest level in Australia, yet is not ready when a cross gets whipped in.

His foot work is so poor and responsible for much of his problems.

How Nash is not rectifying this is beyond me. Fark, even Mulvey or Monty should be seeing it and putting the hard word on Nash.

Ancient Mariner

Were they? At least one live didn't look like it. The replays at the stadium didn't look like it. I didn't record it tonight but re-look at tomorrow's replay. If the one I am talking about was marginally offside it should be overturned because it was never ruled upon before - the AR was well behind the play. There also seemed to be a plethora of what seemed legitimate penalty claims turned down.

I understand the frustration of the players swearing at the ref but I cannot condone it, it is just plain stupid when you are on a yellow. Apparently though a Brisbane player was heard on the TV swearing at the ref in the moments just before with no sanction.

I was convinced the 2nd goal was offside, as were some of the commentators, however watching replays since have shown it was ok.

Ancient Mariner

To blame Kennedy for the loss is missing the obvious. Yes he was ordinary and should have saved the third, but to allow 5 goals in is a real team effort.
To score 3 goals at home and still lose is absolutely disgraceful.
However, this sort of thing, or something similar, has been the story of the season, in front at half time, and then lose.
Cannot the Club see that there is something seriously rotten in the way this team is being run. Any half competent coach should be able to convert at least half those leads into wins.
The defensive structure and defending by this team has been incompetent all season. To say the Team defended well against SFC last week was the ultimate in self delusion and shown for that last night.
If Honda is fit and Victory are on song in round 25 we could see double figures.

Ancient Mariner

Graham, Aspro and Rowles all have the makings of developing into great centre halves.
However, If I were their manager I would be looking elsewhere if they are to develop further.
They are learning nothing here.

After last night if some sort of drastic but positive action is not taken immediately with regards to management of the Team, the Club may as well just pack it in.

Tevor

It is more than stupid, it has been suicidal.
And we do it every week, it’s simple the team was more occupied with following Simon and abusing the ref and giving away yellows than they were in defending and playing the game plan. All our yellows were justified, don’t know how Simon didn’t get a red for his first outburst. Pitiful display and I’m not going to use the ref as an excuse.

Was thinking last night, CCM must be the worst professional sports club in the country for any code at the moment. Anyone think of another professional team that is worst from top to bottom in Australia?

Cricko_086

I thought the ref was crap! But isn’t a excuse for what we watched. (No idea if those pen shouts were warranted or not)

I’m surprised that we continue to sink this low each week. Rock bottom? The hole keeps getting deeper each and every week.

I would have preferred putting up with Okon compared to what we have felt with this season!

I think I will re watch “the code” when our games are on. That way it will be enjoyable instead of watching the current team play!

I will now go back to being hungover, good day.

LFCMariners

Okon?

No thanks.

He had a squad who showed on their day they were good enough to have made finals- he did nothing to rectify the culture problem in that side and they should never have been playing for the spoon in the final round of last season.

Last nights' side would've been rolled well and truly under Okon- a man down, their heads would've dropped and they'd be no chance. CCM showed ticker even with the player disadvantage and the 10 v 12 dynamic working against them. They might be lacking in match fitness and personnel this season, but the overall attitude of the side is far better than what we saw under Paulo.

If the squad had better match-fitness and a fulltime keeper who was actually competent between the posts, the ladder position would be much better. Those aren't the only two things that need fixing with this side, but they're the ones that stand out the most.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

To blame Kennedy for the loss is missing the obvious. Yes he was ordinary and should have saved the third, but to allow 5 goals in is a real team effort.

Not arguing with your summation of why we lost Ancient but a better keeper saves two, maybe three of the Roar’s efforts and thus has a direct impact on the final score.

Copping 5 is absolutely a reflection of the team’s overall performance (not helped in any way by a myopic referring performance) but the fact that Young pulled off a number of brilliant saves during the game just points to the clear value of a top class keeper and their impact on games. It’s no coincidence that our fortunes have declined in line with who has been between the sticks in recent seasons, albeit that it is too simplistic to blame one individual. When your keeper is dominant, that gives the defence and the whole team more confidence, which is something we simply don’t have.

As an illustration, Kennedy defintely kept us in the Sydney game last weekend but tonight, his drop off in performance certainly contributes significantly to the final score imho.

I get that we all see things differently and there were numerous other factors that influenced how the game panned out but if folks can’t see the impact that both keepers had in this particular game, that perhaps shows how little they appreciate the nuances of football.

Just calling it how I see it, so feel free to disagree.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Geez, all hail my shit neck ,I didn’t go last night , couldn’t move me head in anyway resembling normal, , watched it on tele and am amazed that the Fox pundit almost got his 5-5
f**k me, if Simon don’t get 6 weeks for that, I’m a unkeys muncle , I’d even go as far as stripping him of the captaincy and playing him off the bench ...for all the vast difference that will make..yes we saw great goals, and yes we should of got some pelantys....but how will Mulvgomery survive after this, the missus can’t figure why I’m yelling “PACK IT IN YOU TNUC” at MM during a game, she thinks the under performing players should be sacked before the manager,...which would leave us with half a team

Why did he hook Paddy? that was the really odd swap in a night of bizarre shit....the ref was a pretty good, letting stuff flow until he got “Simoned” , the fourth official was a dribbler of the highest order, I’m sure he was watching you tube on his phone instead of concentrating on his gig....as for the team , my heart bleeds for Painy , Jem, Paddy , Tommy ,Sam , Muzz and Aspro...as for the rest of the year , Hell, I’d give Kek and Nizzy free reign ( before we lose them) ....or I could just say “f**k it...roll on next year “

When does Central Coast United kick off?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Plenty of players have abused referees after being sent. It would be highly inconsistent if Simon cops extra.
I mean, players should, but FFA have set their standard already. Disgraceful by Simon. Need better from the captain.

Michael

I thought Jem was fantastic in his role. You can see he is levels above like you can with Tom and Aiden. And hearing his talk through the sideline mic’s was a breath of fresh air. Kept us ticking over with the ball. A few crunching British style tackles. Always talking.
And I loved that in the build up for Pains header (first bloke to run near post all season) he basically said “f**k you Hoole you c**t” and placed the free kick quickly fired to the snake and he crosses and we score. He showed his experience in a shit fight last night and he’s getting closer to his best.
I agree he’s not quite as good as Tom technically. But he’s the closest we can hope for next season when Mulvey commits the greatest crime.
But in saying all of this there is the lingering fear that Jem is just waiting for Sydney to clear a space for him.

Michael

And on Simon’s red card. I’m done with him until atleast next season.
What a f**king fool. Incredibly unprofessional. I don’t care about the circumstances. And again his finishing.... i swear it’s getting worse.
When he turned an okay chance into a scramble and the ball fell out to pain who was smart and delayed while Simon stupidly turned his back and laboured back on side before realising there’s still a big chance when pain plays it back across low Simon is no where near prepared for it and puts it wide.

Any half okay striker is bouncing around the 6 yard there begging for the ball.

And he ALWAYS goes back post?!?! WHY

Forum Phoenix

However, this sort of thing, or something similar, has been the story of the season, in front at half time, and then lose.
Cannot the Club see that there is something seriously rotten in the way this team is being run. Any half competent coach should be able to convert at least half those leads into wins.
The defensive structure and defending by this team has been incompetent all season. To say the Team defended well against SFC last week was the ultimate in self delusion and shown for that last night.
If Honda is fit and Victory are on song in round 25 we could see double figures.

You let in stoppable goals at critical times you will cost games - irrespective of anything else.

I of course agree, our system is poor and we need to improve defence no doubt. If I was an opposing coach I think the back 3/5 is tactically much easier to explain, drill and exploit than most other formations. It’s so clear to opposing players when and how you go forwards. And as have already said on here, you need better quality defenders, it’s a false premise the idea that it offers additional security.

Most times our opponents win the ball, they have acres of space to run into and pass. And now we’ve given up the press that accompanied it through our best weeks of football this year. We’re a joy to play against. Throw in midfield passengers like Hoole, no goal scoring striker, crocks everywhere masquerading as squad depth and an inept keeper and we’re deserved spooners.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred