• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R20 v Brisbane @ Gosford

Timmah

Friday night football. 7:50pm kickoff.

A win brings us within striking distance of them, a loss makes the spoon all but certain.

Referee: Stephen Lucas
Assistant Referee 1: James Tesoriero
Assistant Referee 2: Matthew McOrist
Fourth Official: Stephen Laurie
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

j0_111396_0.png

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1.Ben KENNEDY (gk), 2.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITS, 3.Jack CLISBY, 7.Andrew HOOLE, 8.Michael McGLINCHEY, 11.Connor PAIN, 13.Aiden O’NEILL, 15.Kye ROWLES, 18.Matt MILLAR, 19.Matt SIMON (c), 22.Jacob MELLING, 23.Mario SHABOW, 24.Joe GAUCI (gk), 25.Jordan MURRAY, 28.Sam GRAHAM, 29.Stephen MALLON, 68.Jem KARACAN
**two to be omitted**

Ins: 15.Kye ROWLES (return from suspension), 23.Mario SHABOW (return from injury), 24.Joe GAUCI (gk) (promoted), 25.Jordan MURRAY (promoted)
Outs: 6.Tom HIARIEJ (groin injury) 10.Tommy OAR (knee inury), 12.Adam PEARCE (gk) (omitted)
Unavailable: 21.Corey GAMEIRO (calf) & 4.Jake McGING (hamstring)

j1_111395_0.png

Brisbane Roar FC squad: 1.Brendan WHITE (gk), 2.Dane INGHAM, 4.Daniel BOWLES, 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN, 8.Jacob PEPPER, 11.Eric BAUTHEAC, 12.Ruon TONGYIK, 14.Alex LOPEZ, 15.Stefan NIGRO, 16.Charles LOKOLI-NGOY, 17.Matt MCKAY (c), 21.Jamie YOUNG, 22.Tobias MIKKELSEN, 23.Dylan WENZEL-HALLS, 26.Nicholas D’AGOSTINO, 33.HENRIQUE, 36.Daniel LECK, 38.Izaack POWELL **two to be omitted**

Ins: 7.Thomas KRISTENSEN (returns from injury), 14 Alex LOPEZ (returns from suspension), 16.Charles LOKOLI-NGOY (promoted), 21.Jamie YOUNG (returns from suspension), 38.Izaack POWELL (promoted)
Outs: 18.Joe CALETTI (not selected), 31.Macklin FREKE (not selected), 35.Jay BARNETT (not selected)
Unavailable: 3.Luke DEVERE (knee),10.Brett HOLMAN (knee), 13.Stefan MAUK (groin), 19.Jack HINGERT (knee), 24.Connor O’Toole (broken leg)

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

We won't win this. Brisbane are as crap as us, so we'll play crap like them. Trouble is, we can't even play crap well, see the game before last.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

If there's one thing we've proven it's that we just collapse on these must-win games rather than getting up for them.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get smashed 3-0.

Wombat

We are favourites with the bookies!!!! I took a 1.5 goal start last week and it still paid $1.95 so that was good.

I'm thinking of making the percentage bet and having us for a win or draw at $1.45.

Any predictions?

pjennings

Brisbane's diabolical year makes hope easier. Just gotta hope we can jag another result.

5 home matches each. They travel to us and twice to Melbourne. We travel to the scum and twice to Melbourne. Same opponents except they play SFC and we play Perth.

Josho Howe

If we can't beat this Roar dumpster fire, we deserve the spoon. I don't think they're any better than we are. Absolute must win.

Antlion

If we can't beat this Roar dumpster fire, we deserve the spoon. I don't think they're any better than we are. Absolute must win.
Agree word for word. After losing to WSW I felt we deserved the spoon. If we can overtake roar I'd be happy.

Somehow, amazingly, with only 1 win - we're still not guaranteed the spoon. The only way that is possible is that there are teams nearly as bad as us (roar).
I'd love not to get the spoon but we (by 'we' I mean MC) do totally deserve it.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Agreed if we can’t beat the Roar in the state their in ...then we deserve another piece of salad cutlery ....just in case
I might buy a shitload of spoons at the reject shop , write the lads names on them and deliver them to training so Mulvey can hand them out whilst apologizing profusely....on second thoughts that not fair to the blokes who had a dig

Wombat

Agreed if we can’t beat the Roar in the state their in ...then we deserve another piece of salad cutlery ....just in case
I might buy a shitload of spoons at the reject shop , write the lads names on them and deliver them to training so Mulvey can hand them out whilst apologizing profusely....on second thoughts that not fair to the blokes who had a dig

Who had a dig......Simon, Pain, Aiden and JSC?

turbo

Heard a rumour Joyce was almost sacked this week but City is seeing how they go in the derby this weekend. Got me thinking maybe there's a silver lining if we lose - MM almost certainly gets the boot if we have our worst season ever.

Forum Phoenix

Heard a rumour Joyce was almost sacked this week but City is seeing how they go in the derby this weekend. Got me thinking maybe there's a silver lining if we lose - MM almost certainly gets the boot if we have our worst season ever.

I’m not happy with MM. I’m with Wombat on Tommy. Sacking offence. But I’m also worried firing our coach will only guarantee that we make things worse and will simply rinse and repeat.

Is there a possibility that if Mulvey fixes several major errors with our squad and conducts a proper pre season that we can do well under him?

turbo

Is there a possibility that if Mulvey fixes several major errors with our squad and conducts a proper pre season that we can do well under him?

On the course we're on it will be our worst season, how can the club possibly sell that to people next season? How can MC and the new board have the confidence to tip in the extra funds needed to dig us out when we got it so wrong this year? Prior to the WSW game I was regaining some optimism, if we drop this game his position becomes untenable IMO.

Forum Phoenix

I’m not happy with MM. I’m with Wombat on Tommy. Sacking offence. But I’m also worried firing our coach will only guarantee that we make things worse and will simply rinse and repeat.

I’m asking for rebuttals to this concern Ancient, not stating this as my position.

To an extent I don’t think anyone can argue we’re not a poisoned chalice for any coach and so there’s a real possibility that firing Mulvey will only depeens the hole we’re in, but we may have to cop that anyway because he’s failed so badly and as Turbo says when it comes to fans it’s just untenable.

Again, was trying to open discussion on this to hear opinions. I’m actually not pro Mulvey staying, but I do fear we’re in a lose lose.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb