• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R18 v Adelaide

promdi442

Not surprised by the news of Kossie quitting. In fact if you watched the body language of Kossie on Friday night I think he had already made up his mind before the game. He sat impassively in his chair for the whole first half as he watched his team being torn to shreds. Even when Adelaide scored against the absolute run of play he never moved. In between sucking on his coffee and chewing his fingers up to their knuckles in the first half he didnt display any coaching qualities in trying to enthuse his team or change his tactics and lineup to counter the Mariners. After going 1up he should have thought he won the lotto. Instead he went to the sheds scowling. In hindsight a dead man walking.
I was near the Adelaide bus as the players came out from the dressing room and the foreboding doom and gloom of the players was not what you would expect from a team that at that stage was sitting 2nd on the table. Maybe the grey clouds hovering over the club might lift with Kossie's leaving. Time will tell

ballantyne

Good game in the end :) and, all things considered also another good effort by Bay16 as well!
I noted a couple of kids start up chants around bay27 where I was sitting. Does anyone know if they were plants? I'm suspecting that they were just kids who thought it was cool (which it was). If they weren't plants, I'd suggest that it'd probably be worth trying - if it's not already done.
They had quite a bit of luck getting people started a couple of times. It seems like, once a small group starts and persists, without looking embarrassed about it, the crowd picks up the chant much faster.
I agree with these comments. I got in the thick of 16 with a my big new drum, and the results were there to hear on the telly highlights. What I can see from there is that there are still plenty of people in the near vicinity of 16 not joining in. If we are going to do some seeding of other bays, I think we need to do it in Bays 15, 16 and 17 first before going further afield.
That said, the frat-house atmosphere of 16 is not for everyone, maybe they'd join in more if they could do like movements with their arms and stuff, rather than bellowing inane songs?
Sorry, a bit OT in this thread.

T

Managed to get a few of 15 going briefly.... but they are loath too really get into it

nebakke

I suspect that the people in 15 and 17 are probably those least susceptible to being seeded as they would probably already be singing along if they weren't...
My thinking is that they're probably of a mindset that they'll be lobbed in with the "shock-horror-active-supporters" if they start, as they sit so close, that they'll happily just ignore it.
Whereas further around, it's more of a surprise so people get dragged along easier... I don't really know, obviously, just a theory ;)
I'm thinking though, that if some of the "mums-and-dads" bays can be dragged along, then the rest will follow, tumbling like dominos, so-to-speak ;)
Oh and, good work indeed Ballantyne, the drum could definitely be heard :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred