• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R18 v Adelaide

ballantyne

Adelaide poorly coached: defending deep against the Mariners rarely works plus our transition was much faster with that rejigged midfield 3. This was reflected in our ridiculously high balls-in-the-box which were mostly hit into the trees of AU defenders tracking back.
I thought Bernie had a blinder.
I think another go with that midfield could sort out some issues with their teamwork and convert some of those useless crosses into dangerous cutbacks. However with Monty suspended I think Sterj will return.
The table now looks like this: us, the next three, the rest. Sweet.

Forum Phoenix

Briliant. It's all been said. Important win. Truly great team performance.

Thought Bernie played his best game in a Mariners shirt.

My only concern is to the future... as that was the first time we were not heavily pressed on the ball in three weeks. We thrived. Thanks Kossie. But it's dealing with the pressure being applied to us by, MV, WSW, SFC in their last game and Jest that is key to us winning the double this year I think.

Trying not to imagine that game with Kwassie and Sterjovski in for Duke and Bernie. Great decisions Arnie. Olly in too was critical. Though please stop shooting from outside the box Olly. ORRRR... at least try to put your knee over the ball and lean bloody forward! Otherwise your going to kill an unsuspecting air line pilot.

promdi442

Isnt a set play supposed to be an advantage for the team taking it. Where was the imagination the unpredictabilty the change of tactics with our corners. 14 CORNERS and 13 of them just hit aimlessly into the penalty box and we may have got our head on 1 or 2.
On 2GO this morning even Mossie said he took some flak from his 11 year old son regarding the corners. Isnt there any alternatives practised? Why wasnt something done to bring about a change It was so predictable. The free kick with Patrick and Hutch was not from the training paddock coz it looked as though they hadnt done it before.
With the amount of width we play with now and the centres coming in what happened to the striker attacking the first post with, in our case a MF hanging back toward the far post? That striker at the near post takes a defender with him and opens up some of the congestion that is so hard to penetrate if he is static in the middle. We played some great football last night. The fact that we won glosses over the small things that we have to do better and be more clinical with that will be the difference between getting the 3 points and maybe missing out in a tight match The one remaining corner that was not hit aimlessly into the penalty box was hit aimlessly behind the goal by Pedj!!!!!

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
HEADING_zpsc2c4948f.jpg

nebakke

Good game in the end :) and, all things considered also another good effort by Bay16 as well!
I noted a couple of kids start up chants around bay27 where I was sitting. Does anyone know if they were plants? I'm suspecting that they were just kids who thought it was cool (which it was). If they weren't plants, I'd suggest that it'd probably be worth trying - if it's not already done.
They had quite a bit of luck getting people started a couple of times. It seems like, once a small group starts and persists, without looking embarrassed about it, the crowd picks up the chant much faster.

Anyway, good to see the team back at a win :)... I still wonder though, last week AND this week, we had copious amounts of space in front of Rose and barely seemed to utilise it intentionally. It was only once Fitz came on - with an impressive amount of energy btw. - that the ball really got over there, and I think that was mainly because he won it and played it up there.
It's nice that we have good workers on the other side, but it becomes a bit predictable... Feels a bit like Brisbane's feed last year... You know... Play the ball up from the back, get it two-thirds up, pass it to a winger who then bombs it in for Berisha to score... Ours seems to be a little more advanced, but still...

Anyway... NICE come back! :D 5 points clear by this Arvo I guess ;)

true believer

Ryan , his open field play is world class .australia's answer to el loco ,hagiuta.
his ability at the back virtually creates a 12 man
monty MOM by a country mile .and can shoot straight
boz quailty ball player and the worst shot in the comp. an elephant has more accuracy then him.
duke ,what a day to come good .takes the pressure off macka .outstanding
bernie pace created problems all day .

we should have had this won after 20 minutes. must finish better

style_cafe

Yeah great game to watch.

How frustrating was the first half with so many shots,corners, chances to put AU away.:mad:
However, some outstanding personal performances took some of the pain away.

It was good to see Bernie have a blinder.Cassio showed him up early but from there on he made Cassio look like a statue as he sped past him.How he missed the open goal though is beyond me.

Monty to had a belter. He tackled everything & really controlled the midfield.

The back four were also outstanding & played their roles to perfection.

Not overly impressed with Hutcho.He gave away possession to easily & his heading of the ball, especially in the second half, was atrocious.

I think that was Duke`s coming of age too. As a coach you dream of making those type of substitutions. Dissappointing that he didn`t get a hat-trick too.

I was also dissappointed with McBreen.His performance last night was back to his 2010-11 form.He hid behind defenders quite a few times & never took advantage of the balls he was given (no pun intended).

The Yellow Army was outstanding too, great job Peter!
I sat in bay 25 (with my sick father) & also noticed some of the fans joined in on the "WE SING FOR YELLOW" chant & the 3 clap Mariners chant was eminating from bay 28.
It`s not a bad idea to have a couple of "plants" in strategic locations.:vhappy:

sally

What a great way to end the game and even though the start was so frustrating it was still so exciting to watch. We did think though that the ref's strip was confusing and hubby was pretty sure a couple of passes went to him by accident. As always we love McGlinchy but just can't agree with most of you about Bernie. We felt he did better than usual but has a lot he can improve on. But yes when those long legs get going he leaves the others behind. Duke was fabulous as we knew he would be. It was just wonderful overall to see the determination from the first minute to the end from every player.
Last but not least we are in Bay 6 this year and for the first time this game we could hear the chants clearly. Well done to all of you singing.

FFC Mariner

Seem to be a few guys migrated to bay 8 trying to get chants going.

Coordinating with 16 might work better than starting something else though.

Forum Phoenix

I thought the crowd noise in general was great and the bay is really starting to kick ass again. And the walk in was awesome!

I'm in bay 4, had everyone looking up, going wow what's that? Really adds to the vibe and help set the mood. Myself and the mob I sit with always start chants and we get pretty good support, it's definitely growing steadily.

Also, PP, remember that post, can't remember who wrote it, was concerned about the higher speed of 3 clap from bay...? I realised what it was on your walk by. It's not the chant as such, it's just the drum beats. People can't clap as fast as the beats you guys achieve with the drums. The vocals are fine. Don't know if this helps, but that's where the sync issues are arising from in terms of syncing around the ground.

bikinigirl

. as a fan i thought it was an absolutely fantastic game

. having won under similar circumstances against adelaide earlier in the year (going down against the run of play and coming back to win) it is quite clear we have improved ... 3-1 this time not 2-1 :piralaugh:

. in both of these games we haven't relied on mcbreen to win us the game which is great as well. all of our players have their faults and idiosyncrasies ... but that's what makes them our players. it is as a team where they excel and after a couple of rough weeks from that point of view, it was once again clear for everyone to see

. the way the match unfolded was great for a fan ... all the drama of complete domination in the first half an hour, followed by a somewhat lucky deflected goal without adelaide really ever challenging. it took a few minutes in the second half to settle ... but once we did everything fell into place ... including the crowd participation

. a comfortable, come from behind win with an active and engaged crowd ... what's not to like? long may it continue!

MagpieMariner

I knew we had them beaten when they started time-wasting half way through the first half!
On that display, they are not a true top-four team; they are only there because the teams behind them aren't even top-ten!

Roy Law

. as a fan i thought it was an absolutely fantastic game

. having won under similar circumstances against adelaide earlier in the year (going down against the run of play and coming back to win) it is quite clear we have improved ... 3-1 this time not 2-1 :piralaugh:

. in both of these games we haven't relied on mcbreen to win us the game which is great as well. all of our players have their faults and idiosyncrasies ... but that's what makes them our players. it is as a team where they excel and after a couple of rough weeks from that point of view, it was once again clear for everyone to see

. the way the match unfolded was great for a fan ... all the drama of complete domination in the first half an hour, followed by a somewhat lucky deflected goal without adelaide really ever challenging. it took a few minutes in the second half to settle ... but once we did everything fell into place ... including the crowd participation

. a comfortable, come from behind win with an active and engaged crowd ... what's not to like? long may it continue!

And amid all the enjoyment McBreen's effort got overlooked - a cross to Bernie at the far post could have been a goal; had a header just wide when three players went for the ball; hit the post; had a shot blocked by Ollie; had his penalty saved. On any other day could have scored one or two himself.

MrCelery

Really enjoyed Bay 16 (as always). It certainly makes a big difference when we sing with the wind, and not against it (as is usually the case).

I agree with Roy. The Big Mac did his bit on the night, but was mighty unlucky.

The whole team was so pumped for this game. Completely different to the F3 Derby. Could it be because the Jets are of no consequence these days? Trust them to play their best game of the season against us.

Here's hoping we maintain Friday's aggression and the 'go forward at pace' approach for the rest of the season. Irrespective of any scores, it will be wonderful to watch.

Gratis

My only concern is to the future... as that was the first time we were not heavily pressed on the ball in three weeks. We thrived. Thanks Kossie. But it's dealing with the pressure being applied to us by, MV, WSW, SFC in their last game and Jest that is key to us winning the double this year I think.
What I've been thinking too.
Not to take away from that game or the way we can play. Play like that from now and the Premiership is on a platter. I'd say that the heavy pressing opponent was part of the 'slump' of the few weeks before, combined with a lacklustre display from boys. This was anything but lacklustre and a team hacking away like Syd or Jest would have been as easily carved up too. Arnie would have noticed and will be all over it. We're lucky to have a coach we can put that much faith into.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred