• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R18 v Adelaide

Bex

Wow that had me worried for a while about our ability to finish. What a brilliant effort from Duke to take the responsibility and come through for us. And that first one was a nice finish under good pressure; something the Mariners are sometimes lacking.
:pirashoot::overheadl::thumbup:

FFC Mariner

And how wasnt that 10-1?

Ollie proved tonight he is better off deeper, panics when he gets to final 3rd. Expect him to play alongside Hutch next week with Monty suspended.

Dukey, take a bow son. Proper strikers goals.

Eugene master class. What was that 4 great saves ?

Fitzy did more in 15 minutes than Sterj has all season. A worthy replacement.

6 points clear :)

gull

Just superb.

No bad player on the field and the SECOND team to us on the table never looked in the match even when they took the lead.

Killed them off to move 6 POINTS CLEAR - OH YEAH!

MagpieMariner

That would have to be the best match I have ever seen from the Mariners, apart from their finishing in the first half. Though to be fair Galekovic was brilliant.

Wombat

No surprise to me that we had better shape and movement without Sterj. He needs a kick up the arse and hopefully this game is it. Hutcho was much improved but also needs to take note...ship up or ship out.

We were totally dominant and played well all game. kossie is Arnie's bitch....he shits himself when he has to play us (bit like us when we play a Ange coached side). Adelaide never had a dig but our pathetic finishing kept them in the game. I knew straight after half time, when they parked the bus with no outlet....they were gone!

Greats subs buy Arnie.

Ryan 7.5. Solid game.
Pedj 8. Awesome game. Best of many highlights was when Hutcho needlessly put the defence under pressure with yet another stupid back pass. Pedj beat 3 players to set us a nice attack and take us back to where Hutcho retreated from originally.
Rose 7.5 good game. More intelligent and a real handful.
Chesty 7. Pretty solid. Fantastic to have a player of his quality as back up.
Dutchy 7.5. Majestic as usual.
WeeMac 7.5 industrious and dangerous all game.
Hutcho 7. Much better but still soooooooo defensive minded. Lighten up Hutcho...you won't get a nose bleed if you go into the opponents half.....it's just a joke!
Monty 8. This guy is a dead set enigma. Brutal in the tackle and often breaks up opposing attacks and instantly sends us into attack. Showed superb quality at times....drag backs, dribbing, slide rule passes, a shot that would have had Harper changing his pants if Rogic or ADP took it.....and yet at other times he gets caught in possession, looks clumsy and sprays the ball like Mitchell Johnson.
Tonight I thought he was brilliant and but for Dukes heroics would have been my MOM.

Reactions: adz

Wombat

Bloody IPad. Here is the rest of my thoughts.

Olly 7. Couldn't score in a brothel but is a lovely player with great movement and lovely feet. No doubt we are a better side when he starts.
Bernie 6.5. Couldnt score in the same brothel as Olly with $200 in his pocket!!!!!! Nice movement but looked clueless at times when trying to slot it but also layed off some quality balls. If you were a scout at the game you definately would NOT sign him but would probably mark him down as a player to watch.
Macca 6. Terrible finishing but on the plus side those superb link passes were back and as usual He put himself about.

Subs.

Duke 8.5. What an effort and quality finishing. turned the game. MOM.
Fitzy 7.5 great set up for WeeMac. Looks lively.

MOM
3pts Duke
2pts Monty
1pt Pedj

Honorable mention to rose, Dutchy and weemac

tsd

Great to create so many chances in the first, even better to score a few in the second.

Some things I took away from that:

Duke is a finisher, olly is a creator and needs to play deep
Wee mac is not the answer for no.10, he really came into the game when he moved out wide
Ibini has his "swagger" back and has a great understanding with bojic
Bojic is pacing himself better, looking better in the last 10 and not cramping
Zac heads the ball from goal kicks as often as Griffith used to, it's like his head is a magnet!
Fitzy is probably ahead of mile and kwasnic
Monty is developing a bit of confidence to get forward!

localpom

As did Midfielder thought this was the best we have played in along while. TBH we could have taken AU apart like we did Sydney but luck was not on our side in the first half. Their keeper was unbeleivably good. Everyone played their part, thought Bernie ( 1st half especially), Monty, Wee Mac and Dukey suberb. How good is our youth! Fitzy blended in effortlessly.Buzz after the game best i have seen in a while, all positive. I went to the game with a fair crowd of fairweather fans, kids, NRL fans and they all had a great time saying they will be back. Hope so!We are the best team in the Comp and deserve to win the Premiership. I'm proud of our club.

MrCelery

Bizarre game that one.

That little never-say-die bullocking run in the second half by Pedj summed it all up for me. He made the Adelaide players around him look like fools.

Great effort by the boys. That transition from defence to attack was fantastic. Best performance since the 7-2 thrashing of the Smurfs.

localpom

The bounce back we needed! As a pom regard winning the league as the ultimate but would love to win a Grand final this year, think the League is almost ours if we win the next 2. Roar & The Nix, 2 huge games in the context of this season.

MrCelery

Duke1_zps82aef923.jpg

Roy Law

Duke Settles It

I am still walking on air; this was one of the most entertaining and compelling displays by the Central Coast Mariners. The only difference between this and the Sydney thrashing was Adelaide’s desperate defending kept the score-line in check. It was enthralling; it was breathtaking, it was spine-tingling. It was a professional demonstration of class and character; a 90 minute display of relentless intelligent attacking football.
The first half was one of the most one-sided games I have ever seen. The Mariners, inspired by the pace and skill of Bernie ripped Adelaide apart and could have, should have been out of sight before Bowles deflected shot beat Mat Ryan to give Adelaide an undeserved lead. Bernie was superb: one searing run down the right, picking the ball up ten metres from his goal line, flicking it past Cassio and turning on the after burners, left scorch marks in the turf and Cassio for dead.
How the Mariners did not score will always be a mystery. Bozanic somehow contrived to hit towards the West Stand when Galekovic was stranded out of goal; Montgomery broke up an attack and McGlinchey ran at the defence and fed McBreen out left, the cross to the far post was met by Bernie but screwed wide; Bernie out right caused havoc, beating three defenders but Bozanic hit the ball straight at Galekovic; McBreen hit the post from Rose. Three Mariners got in each other’s way with McBreen heading wide from Bojic’s cross and then from great play down the right by Bojic - back to his rampaging best – McBreen’s shot was blocked by all people, Ollie Bozanic!
Adelaide were feeble, only Boogard seemed to want to put up any resistance but you can’t give a sucker an even break and out of the blue they scored; it was a fluke, a shot from Bowles deflected past Ryan. The crowd groaned. The Mariners stalled, the wind was taken from their sails with this surprise setback. They went to the half-time sheds to regroup.
Good teams overcome these setbacks and the Mariners are a very good team. They didn’t panic. The approach play was patient, calm and persistent. Adelaide set up camp deep in their own half, inviting the Mariners to come at them. They squeezed the space and made life difficult for Bernie. Still the Mariners persisted, Bojic on the right, Rose on the left making constant inroads. Monty shot wide with his left and then ripped a stinging right footer just too close to Galekovic.
When Mitchell Duke came on for Bozanic the dynamic changed. Duke is a natural predator who has scored goals for fun for years in the NYL. We have waited patiently for him to make his mark this season. He did so today; he won the game. Very quickly he looked dangerous having a left foot shot blocked. Minutes later he got the long awaited equaliser, a nice poacher’s goal at the far post, quickly taken with deadly accuracy.
The Mariners had the chance to take the lead after Bowles’ handball but Galekovic won the guessing game and thwarted McBreen. No matter, it just set up Duke for his second. The ball floated out to the edge of the area, nice control, a step inside and a strong shot placed past Galekovic. It is his speciality, his trade-mark finish. The crowd went wild. It was no more than the Mariners deserved. They continued to press and Duke was denied a hat-trick by Galekovic after more excellent approach play down the right.
Fitzgerald came on, and looked tidy and quick, and played his part with an intelligent header across goal to McGlinchey who scored to give the score-line a more realistic look.

So many Mariners stood up today – the resurgent unpredictable Pedj Bojic; the incisive intelligent Josh Rose, supported by his mate Ollie Bozanic; The driving force that was Nick Montgomery, pushing forward with great impact; the calm Zac Anderson, a colossus in the air; the ball dribbling wizard little Michael McGlinchey and of course the deadly Mitchell Duke whose marksmanship won the game. But my MoM goes to Bernie whose attacking brilliance in the first half set the tone for the game. He played as if to say “Club Brugges, if you want me, you are going to have to pay double!” I am not going to quibble if others disagree, there were so many candidates.

Mumbles

90 minutes. Two emotions!

FAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaakk
And
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

A+ for effort and creating opportunities and a big F for finishing.

Every time we lose a good player another young bloke steps up and fills the gap. It was Duke's night last
night. He had a fan club in bay 8 chanting him to come on and he didn't disappoint.

The reason why I love watching this team evolve over the years. :thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred