• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R18 away @ WSW

Holy

Yeah 433 for mine makes sense. Or a narrow diamond 442 maybe, Oneil at the bottom, God at the top could work. Millar overlaps and gem can cover his ass when he does.
Or maybe a 4-2-3-1, with O’Neill holding defensive duties, Jem alongside as the box to box mid, then Pain, God, Hoole and Matty up front. This way we utilise the strength of the 4-4-2 diamond holding the midfield defensively, but we avoid having no wide players. Also we now have midfielders with the smarts to play this way too.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

BR won. making this win even more important for both us and WSW.

It's going to come down to hunger, confidence, and overall tactics and subs.

Scotty

BR won. making this win even more important for both us and WSW.

It's going to come down to hunger, confidence, and overall tactics and subs.
That's so true. To be honest, we are lacking in all of those attributes. There's been glimpses of hunger, but not over 90 minutes.

I think the key word is adaptive. Every team has schooled us because we weren't able to adapt to their tactics. To me most of that comes from fitness and Mulvey being too slow to act.

I'm not saying he is a bad tactician, he's just a bit hesitant to react.
I'm hoping this is the match where we string 90 minutes of our best.

If we do that and get a bit of luck we will win for sure.

I'm tipping this match to be Murray's breakout performance.

Ozhammer

Just about to head down to the game on one of the two supporter buses. Fantastic turn out by the fans and just hoping that the boys don’t let this opportunity slip, like the last time we played at Souless.

I will admit to being a little nervous about this game, given what is at stake and with Duke, Baumjohann and Ziegler back in their side.

COYY!

Forum Phoenix

Pro’s we’ve been consistently improving, and we’ve made 3 signings that sees us stronger than we’ve been in a while and Oar back is a plus. I think we’re playing much better football as a team than Wanderers but they still have the quality to hurt us. With God and Gem we should be able to start with a powerful midfield.

Cons, we still don’t have a lot of attacking power off the bench, new players mean the team has not played a lot together. Oneil has mostly been great at the back and his moving back to the middle could disrupt us. We can’t rely on our centre forwards for goals. We have the worst keeper in the league. Our coach, possibly just because of our terrible record, is reactive not proactive when we’re in front. Melling to a leaser degree Rowles and to a massive degree Kennedy, are all capable of making a critical error that costs us the game. Hoole makes poor decisions in attack. Millar might be a mental case. We never get the rub of the green.

But the Wanderers are bloody awful imo.

We should do them.

COYY

:shoutclap::overheadl:

EDIT: just saw timmahs starting 11 post.

Looks like 433. Nice.
Did not expect Matty to be dropped. Sorry but this makes me happy. Gives us firepower off the bench and increases Matty’s danger factor hugely imo - much better when his full energy is exerted on tired defenders. Also I think Murray has been working really hard off the ball and will link much better with a mobile midfield and especially pain and Millar on the break.

Oneil god and gem is a kick arse midfield.

Oh god...Hope is rising,

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred