• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R18 away @ WSW

pjennings

I'm not sure we should be dropping Muzz - I'd just deploy Matty and him differently. I see a lot more in Muzz than I saw in a young Matt Simon.

Matty is being used as a target with Jordan behind him. I'd have Jordan deployed in front of Matty. He can be a nuisance for defenders as he is agile and goes quickly from one side of them to another. You can still use Matty as a point man - but he can either flick it on to Jordan who will be closer to the goal with less people to beat or lay it back to someone coming through.

turbo

I'm not sure we should be dropping Muzz - I'd just deploy Matty and him differently

I dont think he's been bad it's just down to pressure for starting spaces, coupled with the fact that somehow we're in a situation where Simon is an uncontested starter. I agree that we haven't been using him well and it feels like he rarely gets the ball put through on the break, instead we've got Simon holding it up to send out wide or backwards and it makes it harder for Murray to be in a dangerous space against a now composed defence.

Unfortunately I think thats the aspect of our game least likely to change so we'll have to hope for more scrappy goals in the middle along with some crosses and individual moments from the likes of Pain and Hoole.

turbo

After seeing the provisional squads I'm tipping Shabow and Clisby to be omitted unless there's injury concerns we don't know. Alex Baumjohann and Patrick Ziegler returning for the wanderers is unfortunate for us, they're weaker without them.

Scotty

The season is gone, so we should continue to start Murray to develop him for next season (assuming he's still around).

It's clear that he still has a way to go to be first pick A-league material. Looking forward, we don't have much else on the horizon. I can see him being a major asset next year, so let's develop him.

Coastalraider

The season is gone, so we should continue to start Murray to develop him for next season (assuming he's still around).

It's clear that he still has a way to go to be first pick A-league material. Looking forward, we don't have much else on the horizon. I can see him being a major asset next year, so let's develop him.

I say we keep putting all our eggs in the Gamiero basket.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I remember seeing Josh from the Gong at Pluim this year against whoever that was in the freindly ( same night as ONeill was bossing everybody around) I thought he had gun potential then...I still do ...I suppose we could dump MillOut and have Paddy Mallon start with Josh from the Gong as his sub

NoDiggity

Feeling excited about this game, this is arguably our strongest team this season. Only players missing are melling & mcging, and with the chance of watching the 2 new blades on the bench & maybe even Jem starting I think we’re in for a real shot. I even booked a seat on the bus, this will be my first trip to soulless.

Antlion

I'm not sure we should be dropping Muzz - I'd just deploy Matty and him differently. I see a lot more in Muzz than I saw in a young Matt Simon.

Matty is being used as a target with Jordan behind him. I'd have Jordan deployed in front of Matty. He can be a nuisance for defenders as he is agile and goes quickly from one side of them to another. You can still use Matty as a point man - but he can either flick it on to Jordan who will be closer to the goal with less people to beat or lay it back to someone coming through.
Definitely this

Timmah

This has all the hallmarks of an embarrassing loss ahead - strong lineup, equally shite opposition, confidence

Preparing for the fall tbh

midfielder

Half Time we are in front 2 nil

65 mins in WSW score its 2-1
75 mins in WSW score its 2-2
80 mins in WSW score its 2 - 3
84 mins in we score its 3-3
89 mins in we score its 4-3
91 mins in WSW score its 4-4.
93 mins in WSW score its 4-5
94 mins in its full time...

Big Al

I like Murray but I think he should come off the bench. We lack a striker off the bench and Matt has looked very tired in the last 20 minutes lately.

More tactical option

Big Al

Alex Baumjohann and Patrick Ziegler returning for the wanderers is unfortunate for us, they're weaker without them.
Typical it was Zieglers first game against us when they were awful at the back in the weeks prior and then beat us last time. These are two players they desperately need and we don’t want playing

marinermick

Typical it was Zieglers first game against us when they were awful at the back in the weeks prior and then beat us last time. These are two players they desperately need and we don’t want playing

Zieglar was horrible in the trial game against us.

Hopefully that was through lack of conditioning and history repeats itself.

Michael

MacDonald really needs to be more involved by Mulvey. Bags of natural talent, technique and speed. I know he’s had a couple slight injuries but honestly Mulvey is becoming a bit of a ponce with the recovery time of these small injuries to the squad players.

Ofcourse Ziegler and Baumjohann are back for them this week.

Ropeable if the snake starts again. Plain and simple didn’t pass the 90minute mental test. It’s all his own doing too.

turbo

I know he’s had a couple slight injuries but honestly Mulvey is becoming a bit of a ponce with the recovery time of these small injuries to the squad players.
Injuries wouldn't help but I think it's just the difficulty of finding space for him on the pitch and managing the areas we've needed to use our subs. It's only going to get worse when Gameiro is fit because you know we'll keep playing Simon and leave the others fighting over the other spot on the park and the bench. It would be interesting to see what the two young players could come up with between themselves if played together but it won't happen.

Ropeable if the snake starts again. Plain and simple didn’t pass the 90minute mental test. It’s all his own doing too.
I think the club will give him another shot, last week was a rough week (of his own doing but still rough) and now he's had a bit more time to get in the right place. Let him put his best foot forward and see if he's interested in giving us 100% now, if not drop him. If the drive is still there let him compete for his spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred