• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R17 v Victory @ home

Insertnamehere

And if Matty Simon missing two sitters (again) doesn’t get him benched nothing ever will
I think Simon works too hard with little support and no reward to be benched. Yep he blew a sitter but we should have had 4 in the 1st half.
My problem was Tommy no organising the midfield or taking control when we kept pissing the ball upfield.

Forum Phoenix

Millsnake was good first half and shit 2nd half....should have been hooked.
If we had a decent striker and a decent keeper we would have won that game easily.
That’s basically all I have to say on that game also.

Matty should have put us up 3-2. But without a proper double digit striker we consistently fail to take advantage of our best attacks and key moments of dominance.

Kennedy HAS TO GO.

So frustrating,

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Met some Newcastle ( the pommy one) fans on holidays at the bus stop after the game, old mate said to me “ Could be worse like, you could be us” ...I have to agree

nebakke

Millsnake was good first half and shit 2nd half....should have been hooked.
If we had a decent striker and a decent keeper we would have won that game easily.

A decent keeper would've done the job... Similarly to Roar, had we had the keepers swapped we'd have won that comfortably.

true believer

what happened after half time is melbourne woke up .
i see progress . but we have the worst keeper i've ever seen
and no striker .
i wonder if one of the new pommy kids can shoot ?
if we play like this we will win games .
i like karacan .looks like an angry man and could play 10

rowles was outstanding

we'll go down and win in soulless next week

Last edited:

nebakke

and no striker .
i wonder if one of the new pommy kids can shot ?

rowles was outstanding

Tbf I think we played pretty well in the first half. Given it's the same thing every week I think enough evidence is in to say that the lads actually do have the ability to play and play well. It's not the other team falling asleep every week...
But clearly there's a serious fitness issue and I don't see that getting solved before season's end.
Well that and we clearly have a goalkeeper issue too...

Forum Phoenix

and no striker .

rowles was outstanding

Yeah this exactly.

Tevor

Two good free kicks by Hoole i’ll give him that this week. I said to my wife at half time that I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose this 3-2. That’s how predictably unfit our team is, the last 15 mins none of them could even run so that allowed MV to attack wave after wave and the inevitable happened. Elvis cut us apart and it took us 20 mins to start trying to mark him. He is going to be a good player. I think he single handily won MV the game, great sub by Muscrat. And he made Millar look shit with the amount of space and time he had. Jem looked ok but he didn’t look like he enjoyed his first taste of HAL refereeing when you are not SFC or MV. Tip him to get a red card by the end of season. Simon is just frustrating, if he buried that header with 5 to go it may have lifted the team to hold on. I hate they give us some hope and then MM does something to them at half time to challenge them to lose with a good lead. Just unbelievable.

FFC Mariner

Millar made himself look shit - stood off all game and did he actually tackle anyone?
2nd goal being a case in point

Pirate Pete

Jem was interviewed on Coast FM after the game. He found it hard with the humidity apparently.
He said what you'd expect him to say. It will have to get better, I'm here to help etc.
From the sound of it I would say he's watched some of our games this season.
He also said things would need sorting out on the pitch and at training. So maybe he's going to get in Mulyvey's ear about some things at training.
The boys on Coast Fm pointed out how well we can play when we want to. and how shit WSW are at the moment.
We will win next week......

Big Al

and no striker .

rowles was outstanding

Yep. Melbourne came out swinging. Copped a spray and responded I’d say and we just sat and watched

Antlion

Loved the first half. As usual we just can't keep up that pace all night. Oh well - we're continuing to improve.
The result being what it was and how it unfolded: is this getting surreal enough to be funny yet?

Wombat

and no striker .

rowles was outstanding

Sorry TB. Rowles was a train wreck. He did some great stuff but his error factor and positioning at times is more than alarming.

I believe we will win next week.

Wombat

Loved the first half. As usual we just can't keep up that pace all night. Oh well - we're continuing to improve.
The result being what it was and how it unfolded: is this getting surreal enough to be funny yet?

NOPE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred