• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16: Central Coast Mariners vs Adelaide United (moved from Brookvale)

Big Al

Had to laugh think it was midway through 2nd half the mariners were having trouble finding a pass out of the back. and were flat as a tac and you could here some one in the crowd yell MOVE! (On the tv)
Was wondering if it was anyone from this forum.

Thing that frustrates me is when we score our energy lifts yet when we concede we drop our heads. Real confidence issues

Just watching shoot out and mossy had said zac was out with a back issue.

true believer

Don't like what I'm saying? That's fine, and it's your right. But to suggest (like others have) that I support and/or agree with everything that Charlesworth is doing is flat out wrong and frankly getting a little tiring - my interest is in the success and sustainability of the Central Coast Mariners, with its base on the Central Coast and playing as many games as possible on the Central Coast..

I don't agree with what your saying . I don't like you running down the punters , as you've done .
perhaps you should explain your slight regard of a season ticket holder + 4 kids .

I've said before that I would have preferred every single game this season to be at Gosford. Things didn't turn out that way though, and because I'm willing to follow my team regardless of where they're playing I shelled out for my platinum membership and for the NS add on - so that's close to $400 to watch what has been nothing short of dross 95% of the time..

so have the other punters , but hay I would have liked to see the probable premiers play this year but had no chance as your mate mike switched it to a place I had no hope of being , what a great call .
why not a game we had two home games allocated for . no your mate took the best game from the 5000+ season ticket punters .
gee I grateful.

The fact that the game ended up being played at Gosford shouldn't suddenly mean that members get a game for free - the club would have factored in ticket + membership revenue for playing at Brookvale and forgoing that would have resulted in a bigger loss than they're already facing. If you want the club to be financially sustainable, you shouldn't be asking them to give you things for free.

see you still don't get it , do you . my mate has 4 kids . what you rocket scientists should have done is
adults whatever kids 5 bucks and you what have got more 5 bums . people also make plans your shift change
cost you 2k at least .
For what it's worth, many of the seats around me in bay 38 were filled with people who had paid $18 each for their tickets compared to the $10 to redeem seats, and that included a couple of families and (from what I heard of their conversation) a group of older people who were coming to watch the club at CCS for the first time.

So yeah, excuse me if I get a little miffed when people talking about #standupforthemariners and how we should be supporting the club can't be arsed taking the opportunity to do so.

but but your not mikes man

rbakersmith

perhaps you should explain your slight regard of a season ticket holder + 4 kids .

Perhaps you should explain your slight regard of the rest of the members who would like to see a club in existence past the end of this season.

see you still don't get it , do you . my mate has 4 kids . what you rocket scientists should have done is
adults whatever kids 5 bucks and you what have got more 5 bums . people also make plans your shift change
cost you 2k at least .

In regards to people making plans, the game was moved to Gosford back on 12 January. Yes, that would have cost some numbers but nowhere near the 2,000 you're suggesting.

Mariners Mates already had free entry to the game. As for your "adults whatever, kids 5 bucks" idea - how about we walk through that for a minute.

Let's say that the club decided to charge $20 per adult ticket and $5 per junior. Assuming that none of your mate's kids are Mariners Mates, his cost has dropped from $50 to $40. Is that enough to get him to come? Let's say yes for arguments sake.

In the meantime, doubling the cost for adults has put off plenty of singles and couples (including pensioners) who would have considered paying $10/$20 but not $20/$40. For a 2A+2J family you've bumped their cost from $40 to $50, deterring them as well. So instead of the 4500 we got yesterday we would have been lucky to get 2500 - the NS add-on holders who decided to come up to Gosford (like myself), some Mariners Mates and their parents, plus those brave souls who decided that $20 an adult seat wasn't too much when we've been playing absolutely shite football.

Oh, and your mate and his 4 non-Mariners Mates kids.

Nice work there, TB.

rbakersmith

Oh, BTW...

why not a game we had two home games allocated for . no your mate took the best game from the 5000+ season ticket punters .

You mean a team like Adelaide United? We played them at CCS back in Round 7 on Sunday 23 November - and got a massive attendance of 6,404. In any case, they weren't the "best game" when the schedule was drawn up. Based on last season's performances, they would have been Brisbane Roar and WSW.

mariner72

Oh, BTW...

You mean a team like Adelaide United? We played them at CCS back in Round 7 on Sunday 23 November - and got a massive attendance of 6,404. In any case, they weren't the "best game" when the schedule was drawn up. Based on last season's performances, they would have been Brisbane Roar and WSW.
Another lacklustre performance and surely can't be that lucky next Friday, getting the firm impression that Mossy is clueless but great to see the new kids come on, lets hope he plays them from the start v Brisbane. I thought the attendance would be low bearing in mind the circumstances. What's happened to #standupformariners campaign? Lawrie lost interest like many supporters this season?

ccmjack

No other way to say it a boring boring game . We won ya :) but games like this set the A-League back when your trying to sell a product and recruit more fans , the dire hards will put up with that crap but if you where trying to get new supporters to the game playing like that isnt the way to go. I dont blame the players I blame the coaching staff I think the boys have lost all respect for them.

localpom

No other way to say it a boring boring game . We won ya :) but games like this set the A-League back when your trying to sell a product and recruit more fans , the dire hards will put up with that crap but if you where trying to get new supporters to the game playing like that isnt the way to go. I dont blame the players I blame the coaching staff I think the boys have lost all respect for them.
It wasn't a great game agreed. We really need 2 or 3 quality players that can create and score goals as well as give us a more stability at CB. I liked what i saw from Poz again....his speed saved us a few times. He will become a much better player too with more game time. Boz isn't up to it unfortunately and at his age has no more improving to do. Fab will make a difference and if we can get another couple in this transfer window then all is not lost. This is a rebuilding year and we won't become a brilliant side overnight.

true believer

Perhaps you should explain your slight regard of the rest of the members who would like to see a club in existence past the end of this season.

so your now claiming the club won't exist at the end of the season ! maybe you need to elaborate .

In regards to people making plans, the game was moved to Gosford back on 12 January. Yes, that would have cost some numbers but nowhere near the 2,000 you're suggesting.

we've already establish 6.5 k as a bench mark from earlier in the season . last week was 12 k. so let me
know if you need maths help.

Mariners Mates already had free entry to the game. As for your "adults whatever, kids 5 bucks" idea - how about we walk through that for a minute.

Let's say that the club decided to charge $20 per adult ticket and $5 per junior. Assuming that none of your mate's kids are Mariners Mates, his cost has dropped from $50 to $40. Is that enough to get him to come? Let's say yes for arguments sake.

In the meantime, doubling the cost for adults has put off plenty of singles and couples (including pensioners) who would have considered paying $10/$20 but not $20/$40. For a 2A+2J family you've bumped their cost from $40 to $50, deterring them as well. So instead of the 4500 we got yesterday we would have been lucky to get 2500 - the NS add-on holders who decided to come up to Gosford (like myself), some Mariners Mates and their parents, plus those brave souls who decided that $20 an adult seat wasn't too much when we've been playing absolutely shite football.

Oh, and your mate and his 4 non-Mariners Mates kids.

Nice work there, TB.

so no matter how you spin it . people buy the season tickets at the start of the season.
once the brookvale debacle took place you were always gunna get a reduced crowd.

it's not the punters fault. if your man wants to keep shooting himself in the foot .

rbakersmith

so your now claiming the club won't exist at the end of the season ! maybe you need to elaborate .

Why am I not surprised you took that literally? That fact remains that if people keep asking for stuff for free it has an impact on the financial viability of the club.

we've already establish 6.5 k as a bench mark from earlier in the season . last week was 12 k. so let me
know if you need maths help.

You suggested that moving the game from Brookvale back to Gosford would have cost 2,000 fans who had already made plans; I disputed that suggestion. What does maths have to do with it? Those fans might have decided that they didn't want to pay $10/seat, alternatively they may have decided they didn't want to sit in the sun at 5pm on a Saturday.

so no matter how you spin it . people buy the season tickets at the start of the season.
once the brookvale debacle took place you were always gunna get a reduced crowd.

it's not the punters fault. if your man wants to keep shooting himself in the foot .

Again, what the club does has nothing to do with me. I'm a member. I'm not an employee of the club, nor am I associated in any whatsoever with anyone who has a shareholding in the club.

The sooner you accept that fact and stop attacking me for decisions that I have absolutely nothing to do with, the better for all of us.

dibo

I don't agree with RBS on a lot of stuff to do wtith the club's future, but on this I think he's hit the nail on the head. There are a multitude of factors at play here; simplistic analysis and personal digs aren't gonna get us anywhere.

true believer

Why am I not surprised you took that literally? That fact remains that if people keep asking for stuff for free it has an impact on the financial viability of the club..

no one is asking for free stuff . your original" blame to punters speech" still has you in a defensive position.
except the mistake management made . then stop trying to shirt front the punters . it's already cost you big money .
just quietly you have 6k members . be thankful , look after that base and you'll go forward.
shun the locals and you'll go down like the Lusitania .

The sooner you accept that fact and stop attacking me for decisions that I have absolutely nothing to do with, the better for all of us.

that's easy don't attack the support base and you won't have me ridiculing you .

Last edited:

dibo

It could be described in several ways, the important thing is the roles that people took. Monty was the defensive midfield anchor, with Hutch and Caceres in front of him completing the midfield triangle. The two wide men could even have been described as forwards (making it a 4-3-3).

It doesn't really matter how it's described, it's important that it does what it needs to do.

true believer

It could be described in several ways, the important thing is the roles that people took. Monty was the defensive midfield anchor, with Hutch and Caceres in front of him completing the midfield triangle. The two wide men could even have been described as forwards (making it a 4-3-3).

It doesn't really matter how it's described, it's important that it does what it needs to do.

like I said , what would I know . I just look at what I see in front of me.
you've always shown outstanding technical and structural knowledge .
cheers

justafan

Very fortunate win but I won't complain. Once again a very defensive set up by the mariner's coach presented AU with the easy task of taking charge of the game. Mariners only created 2 x scoring chances in the first 45. A beautiful run by our most talented player A.Caceres, dribbling past 4 players and putting a wonderful ball over the defence to Duke who cuts it back to Fitzy who missed kicked wasting a wonderful opportunity to put mariners in front. The second was a good shot by fitzy. 2nd half was also very one sided but lady luck was on mariner's side and to the surprise of most of us we walked away with 3 very valuable points. Still trying to understand why Cac was replaced so early into the 2nd half( undeservedly). . Imo he was doing a good job. Contrary to many of the opinion makers on this forum, I don't believe Kalik did anything special except for grabbing the AU's player shirt (bad referring). Liam Rose has a lot of potential. Didn't show much but he could be a very good player Our win was due to luck + Duke and Rose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred