• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16: Central Coast Mariners vs Adelaide United (moved from Brookvale)

kevrenor

Saturday, 7 February 2015

Central Coast Mariners v Adelaide United

Central Coast Stadium, Gosford

Kick-Off:5:00 PM (Local) (5:00 PM AEDT)

Referee:Alan Milliner

Assistant Referee 1:LanceGreenshields

Assistant Referee 2:AndreGiev

Fourth Official:Adam Gehrig

TV Broadcast:Live and exclusive coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5.00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 4 (New Zealand)

Radio Broadcast:92.5 ABC Central Coast, 891 ABC Adelaide & ABC Local Radio SA, Grandstand Digital Adelaide, Online/ABC Radio Mobile phone app. Coast FM (Central Coast)

Join the conversation on Twitter using the hash-tag#CCMvADL

Central Coast Mariners squad:1.Matthew NASH (gk), 2.Storm ROUX, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Jacob POSCOLIERO, 5.Zac ANDERSON, 7.John HUTCHINSON (c), 8.Nick MONTGOMERY, 9.Mitchell DUKE, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Nick FITZGERALD, 12.Liam REDDY (gk), 14.Travis MAJOR, 15.Matt SIM,16. Liam ROSE,18.Glen TRIFIRO, 19.Matt SIMON, 20.Anthony KALIK, 25.Eddy BOSNAR

**two to be omitted**

Ins:1.Matthew NASH (gk) (promoted), 15.Matt SIM (promoted),16. Liam ROSE (promoted),20.Anthony KALIK (promoted), 23.Isaka CERNAK (promoted)

Outs:17.Richard VERNES (shoulder – indefinite), 30.Adam PEARCE (gk)(Not selected)

Unavailable:21.Michael NEILL (foot – indefinite)

Adelaide United squad:1.Eugene GALEKOVIC (GK) (c), 2.Michael MARRONE, 3.Nigel BOOGAARD, 5.Osama MALIK, 7.PABLO SÁNCHEZ, 8.ISAÍAS, 9.Sergio CIRIO, 10.Marcelo CARRUSCA, 11.Bruce DJITE, 16.Craig GOODWIN, 17.Awer MABIL, 18.Jimmy JEGGO, 19.Miguel PALANCA, 20.Paul IZZO (GK), 21.Tarek ELRICH, 24.Bruce KAMAU, 32.Nathan KONSTANDOPLOUS

*one to be omitted*

Ins:1.Eugene GALEKOVIC (returns from international duty), 19.Miguel PALANCA (new signing), 32.Nathan KONSTANDOPLOUS (promoted)

Outs:14.Cameron WATSON (calf – 1 week), 30.John HALL (gk) (omitted)

Unavailable:4.DylanMcGOWAN(hamstring – 1 week), 23.Jordan ELSEY (knee – indefinite)

gull

Richard Vernes - (Shoulder indefinite)

Interesting. He was on a the bench for the last match, so was he injured during the week off, or is it another one on the outer with Moss?

rbakersmith

Interesting. He was on a the bench for the last match, so was he injured during the week off, or is it another one on the outer with Moss?

Unless the club is in the business of instructing uninjured players to wear slings to promo events, he's definitely injured (posted by the club from Westfield this evening):
10948965_1541341542791474_1008315266_n.jpg

Capt. Awesome

I have a bad feeling about the crowd for this one. Coupled with the bad loss last week and the fact that members have to pay is going to turn a lot of people away. Most of the people in our group aren't going because they missed the cut off time on Wednesday to purchase $10 tickets and now they couldn't be bothered paying $18 to go. I think we will be lucky to have 5k there.

shipwreck

Eek. .... But amother nail in the coffin of the North Sydney failure if any positive could come out of thevery shit crowd

localpom

I have a bad feeling about the crowd for this one. Coupled with the bad loss last week and the fact that members have to pay is going to turn a lot of people away. Most of the people in our group aren't going because they missed the cut off time on Wednesday to purchase $10 tickets and now they couldn't be bothered paying $18 to go. I think we will be lucky to have 5k there.
It would be a shame if people didn't go because of $18 after all the complaining (justified)that went on after the initial game was moved to Brookvale. We have the game in it's rightful place now and hopefully everyone that can afford to does the right thing and goes.

Capt. Awesome

Things are getting interesting on the Ferreira front. Lets hope he gets a run.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...lemens-agreement/story-e6frf4il-1227210370650

DON’T be surprised if Fabio Ferreira plays against Adelaide United for Central Coast in Gosford today (Saturday), despite the ‘gentlemen’s agreement’ he has with his former club.

Professional Footballers Australia officials were yesterday working frantically to convince Adelaide and Mariners officials to play Ferreira.

Ferreira has been sidelined by the accord for two A-League matches between Mariners and Adelaide after he was released by the Reds last week.

While Ferreira on Wednesday told The Advertiser he was upset with the precedent Adelaide coach Josep Gombau said he wouldn’t be perturbed if the Portuguese — nicknamed La Flecha (The Arrow) — was to feature in a crucial clash for both clubs.

“Oh no it’s not my business,’’ Gombau said.

“If he plays he plays, I will be not upset.

“But when you allow a player to leave in the middle of the season you don’t have any plans for this player to leave because you want him to stay and he wants to leave.

“It’s like you are accepting a situation that you don’t create — there are things between coaches and clubs.

“I am not the person to change anything.

“When someone arrives at an agreement you need to respect it and nothing more.

“He (Ferreira) knew before he signed.”

Nonetheless former Real Madrid forward Miguel Palanca is expected to make his debut off the bench in Gosford after Adelaide received the correct paperwork for the on-loan Numancia player.

Palanca was announced as Adelaide’s new signing after the club last week lamented the loss of Ferreira due to uncertainty about the number of foreigners at the club, which ultimately remained at five imports for next season.

“He’s (Palanca) ready and he trained all the week,’’ Gombau said.

“We have to think that he just arrived and he came from Spain in winter, it’s a cold place, when he left it was snowing and now here it’s summer.”

While the Mariners are expected to make some changes to its starting XI after the club was belted 5-1 by Sydney FC at home a fortnight ago, Gombau has his own injury concerns.

Gombau ruled Dylan McGowan (thigh) out while Nigel Boogaard (knee) is in doubt.

Gombau said he would give his No. 1 stopper ample time before making up his mind.

“We have Boogy (Boogaard) 50/50,’’ Gombau said.

“McGowan started training (this week) and he felt that he recovered but also he felt the same problem (as before) and it’s better to wait one more week.

“(And) I spoke with him (Boogaard) he don’t have a good feeling (about the injury).”

Cam Watson (calf) has also been ruled out of the starting eleven after he was spotted training lightly on Tuesday, along with Bruce Djite, Craig Goodwin and Paul Izzo, who are all expected to travel to Gosford.

Capt. Awesome

My team would be

----------------Reddy----------------
Storm----Posco----Bosnar----Rose
-----------Hutch----Monty----------
Ferreira -----Caseres---------Fitzy
----------------Duke----------------

Bench: Simon, Kalik, LRose, Sim, Nash

localpom

Things are getting interesting on the Ferreira front. Lets hope he gets a run.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...lemens-agreement/story-e6frf4il-1227210370650

DON’T be surprised if Fabio Ferreira plays against Adelaide United for Central Coast in Gosford today (Saturday), despite the ‘gentlemen’s agreement’ he has with his former club.

Professional Footballers Australia officials were yesterday working frantically to convince Adelaide and Mariners officials to play Ferreira.

Ferreira has been sidelined by the accord for two A-League matches between Mariners and Adelaide after he was released by the Reds last week.

While Ferreira on Wednesday told The Advertiser he was upset with the precedent Adelaide coach Josep Gombau said he wouldn’t be perturbed if the Portuguese — nicknamed La Flecha (The Arrow) — was to feature in a crucial clash for both clubs.

“Oh no it’s not my business,’’ Gombau said.

“If he plays he plays, I will be not upset.

“But when you allow a player to leave in the middle of the season you don’t have any plans for this player to leave because you want him to stay and he wants to leave.

“It’s like you are accepting a situation that you don’t create — there are things between coaches and clubs.

“I am not the person to change anything.

“When someone arrives at an agreement you need to respect it and nothing more.

“He (Ferreira) knew before he signed.”

Nonetheless former Real Madrid forward Miguel Palanca is expected to make his debut off the bench in Gosford after Adelaide received the correct paperwork for the on-loan Numancia player.

Palanca was announced as Adelaide’s new signing after the club last week lamented the loss of Ferreira due to uncertainty about the number of foreigners at the club, which ultimately remained at five imports for next season.

“He’s (Palanca) ready and he trained all the week,’’ Gombau said.

“We have to think that he just arrived and he came from Spain in winter, it’s a cold place, when he left it was snowing and now here it’s summer.”

While the Mariners are expected to make some changes to its starting XI after the club was belted 5-1 by Sydney FC at home a fortnight ago, Gombau has his own injury concerns.

Gombau ruled Dylan McGowan (thigh) out while Nigel Boogaard (knee) is in doubt.

Gombau said he would give his No. 1 stopper ample time before making up his mind.

“We have Boogy (Boogaard) 50/50,’’ Gombau said.

“McGowan started training (this week) and he felt that he recovered but also he felt the same problem (as before) and it’s better to wait one more week.

“(And) I spoke with him (Boogaard) he don’t have a good feeling (about the injury).”

Cam Watson (calf) has also been ruled out of the starting eleven after he was spotted training lightly on Tuesday, along with Bruce Djite, Craig Goodwin and Paul Izzo, who are all expected to travel to Gosford.
Interesting. I am all for keeping the gentlemans agreement but if Adelaide have replaced Fab with a quality player who is ready to play this Saturday it seems a little unfair. The fact he was replaced so quickly seems to me that Gombau knew what he was doing. Maybe i'm beena little cynical. :)

Big Al

Shame no time advert duke last game. I'd say duke will be subbed at about 70 mins to preserve the deal get him a standing ovation and get major in to see how he goes with Simon.

Was thinking cernak might benefit from duke leaving but fariera will cover duke on right wing after this game and major be the back up striker. Two players required to cover duke.

VicMariner

Shame no time advert duke last game. I'd say duke will be subbed at about 70 mins to preserve the deal get him a standing ovation and get major in to see how he goes with Simon.

Was thinking cernak might benefit from duke leaving but fariera will cover duke on right wing after this game and major be the back up striker. Two players required to cover duke.
Can only be good. Duke was never comfortable on the wing and Ferreira excels there. We are better of in that position now.

Wombat

Can only be good. Duke was never comfortable on the wing and Ferreira excels there. We are better of in that position now.

This f**king shits me.
Duke should never have been played on the wing.
I'm sad for Mitchell but pleased he will be going to a team with a f**king clue.

Bladesman

It would be a shame if people didn't go because of $18 after all the complaining (justified)that went on after the initial game was moved to Brookvale. We have the game in it's rightful place now and hopefully everyone that can afford to does the right thing and goes.

I think it will be a bad crowd as the club have f**ked up. After the Sydney result especially they should have made it a bonus game for all members.

They messed up by taking it to Brookey then realising what a disaster it is going to be switch it back expecting the people they have already pissed off to bail them out. It was a great opportunity for the club to rebuild relationships with the Coast. Surely there had to be compensation with regards to Brookey as they were the ones who couldn't meet their obligations which would offset the complementary tickets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred