• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R16: Central Coast Mariners vs Adelaide United (moved from Brookvale)

rbakersmith

clearly RBS you must live day to day if you didn't realise this .
mike and yourself should be thankful you got what you got.

Don't like what I'm saying? That's fine, and it's your right. But to suggest (like others have) that I support and/or agree with everything that Charlesworth is doing is flat out wrong and frankly getting a little tiring - my interest is in the success and sustainability of the Central Coast Mariners, with its base on the Central Coast and playing as many games as possible on the Central Coast.

I've said before that I would have preferred every single game this season to be at Gosford. Things didn't turn out that way though, and because I'm willing to follow my team regardless of where they're playing I shelled out for my platinum membership and for the NS add on - so that's close to $400 to watch what has been nothing short of dross 95% of the time.

The fact that the game ended up being played at Gosford shouldn't suddenly mean that members get a game for free - the club would have factored in ticket + membership revenue for playing at Brookvale and forgoing that would have resulted in a bigger loss than they're already facing. If you want the club to be financially sustainable, you shouldn't be asking them to give you things for free.

For what it's worth, many of the seats around me in bay 38 were filled with people who had paid $18 each for their tickets compared to the $10 to redeem seats, and that included a couple of families and (from what I heard of their conversation) a group of older people who were coming to watch the club at CCS for the first time.

So yeah, excuse me if I get a little miffed when people talking about #standupforthemariners and how we should be supporting the club can't be arsed taking the opportunity to do so.

Capt. Awesome

Well that game was hard to watch for most of it. We were so down on confidence which really affected our performance. Adelaide seemed to find easy to get into the final third but had nothing to finish off with. There only goal really came off a defensive error by Roux being out of position and a poor clearance on the other side. Other than that the back 4 were quite good.

Kalik and Liam Rose were good off the bench. Kalik has great touch. Saw some good link up play. Liam is confident and creates time on the ball.

After that result we should play better next week.

Wombat

I spent the day and night in Hornsby hospital with a sick family member so that cost us 4 or 5 people.
I thought we would get 6.5k so was shocked by the crowd.....however Charlesworth deserved that crowd!
You can't continue to take the piss and expect people to take it.
Scum and us have been laughable as Football sides and run like a shambolic mess this season and both clubs got the crowds we deserved this weekend.
The Brookvale fiasco cost us 3000 bums this week.

dibo

We actually made quite a lot of chances. Fitzy taking the ball from open spaces into traffic and losing it was a bit of a theme in the first half.

Hutch was aggressive and attacking because he was in an aggressive and attacking role. Monty was the one in the deeper role, and if that continues it's surely only a matter of time before he is the one copping rainstorms of shit from people who don't understand the role being undertaken.

The midfield three was set up as a one DM / two AMs setup and it worked reasonably well. Adelaide tried to get down the flanks so we had Rose and Roux under a lot of pressure.

A big issue is that when the play shifted flanks, we struggled to reset and so we'd wind up with the attack coming through a broken line - this is where Mabil's goal came about. Biggest issue there is that when they're coming through broken play the play is central, rather than on the flank.

Getting forward, we were still playing balls to the wrong run or missing targets way too often. Basic skill errors were all over the shop. For the "Moss out" crew, how on earth would the coach sort that other than drop first-team players (which would get you boo-ed like nothing else).

Fitz, but for putting the ball in off the rebound, had a shocker. Tried hard, but so many skill errors or bad decisions. What worries me is that after each error, his head would drop. He was living each error and trying to make up for it - square off the score. I think he wanted the penalty because it's a big way to square the score.

The change of shape looks good, and we looked more attacking without giving up too much. Get the transitions right and I think we're in business.

Special mention to the kids coming in and doing very well, and also Major who looked threatening.

Gratis

without giving names I was told (by someone who knows and worked with both players) when we signed kalik that he was more talented and a better reader/executer of the game than amini was at the same age. of course he needs to keep up that trajectory but I've been keen to see him play since. he's young yet but here's hoping!

Gratis

on the crowd I'm sure the performances have played a part.
I know members and non members who were at the last game against sydney and said they weren't coming back if we played like that.
the non members were particularly annoyed and said $32 for a ga admission (didn't realise how much it had gone up) was a harsh price to watch your team getting torn a new one.
fingers crossed for Friday

Capt. Awesome

The crowd was poor but they were having trouble at the gates again. Two of our members passes didn't work and they just saved us through. And yes I did pay the $10.

sydmariner

on the crowd I'm sure the performances have played a part.
I know members and non members who were at the last game against sydney and said they weren't coming back if we played like that.
the non members were particularly annoyed and said $32 for a ga admission (didn't realise how much it had gone up) was a harsh price to watch your team getting torn a new one.
fingers crossed for Friday
we always seem to get shit crowd's for friday night games but who knows

Forum Phoenix

Fitz had his worst game in yellow, but tried hard still.

I liked the look of Kalik. So much to like about Caceres on the ball, but off it... watched him specifically today, consistently failed to get himself into space and present for the ball. It hurt our transition through the mids enormously. Then watching the ball smacked up towards a well marked and well matched lone strikers head with no else in kooeee was galling. Don't believe that Moss hasn't told Caceres to find space and present and can only assume it's why he was dragged. Good decision by Moss.

Nice to have a bit of luck. Adelaide are a good side. Movement on and off the ball was way better than ours.

Back four were solid I thought. That goal is on Fitzy not Roux.

Reddy had another very good game I thought.

Beautiful assist and goal with Duke and Rose.

Crowd... Well, regardless of peoples feelings on the matter, members clearly don't like not having games included in their memberships, and when they don't come they don't bring friends.

I'm pretty sure that will be our worst Saturday night crowd attendance ever. So you can't hang that one on the coast, because it demonstrates a direct connection between all the moving games away bullshit.

If you rub a kids lollipop in the dirt then hurriedly wash it... you'd be foolish to then be surprised by a tantrum and the kid refusing the lollipop back... childish or wasteful as it may seem.

Roy Law

Adelaide Mugged by Late Mariners’ Rally
Perhaps it was the humid conditions, the bowling green carpet of the pitch or the soothing music of the Brass Band, but whatever it was, Adelaide was lulled into a false sense of superiority and ultimately was mugged by a Mariners side that suddenly believed in itself. Or perhaps it was just something to do with that bizarre Gentleman’s Agreement*.
Phil Moss, unsurprisingly, dropped Anderson and recalled Storm Roux; the point of interest was the inclusion of the two NYL players Anthony Kalik and Liam Rose on the bench.
The Mariners barely saw the ball in the first half as Adelaide rolled out their smooth, confident passing style; when the Mariners had the ball the passes were picked off by the high press of Adelaide. Fitzgerald had the only meaningful shot, cutting inside, to make the brilliant Eugene Galekovic tip the ball over. Adelaide took the leader when Mabil’s shot deflected past Reddy off Poscoliero. It was déjà vu as Adelaide had won here early in the season when they had also benefited from a deflection.
The second half started in the same way, Adelaide looking like a title contender, the Mariners struggling to get a foothold. The humidity seemed to take the ambition out of the game with neither side looking likely to add to the score line.
Kalik came on for his debut on the hour; replacing Caceres who had been squeezed out of the game by Adelaide’s swarming midfield press. It seemed a big ask for Kalik to be able to change things. Liam Rose came on for his debut ten minutes later replacing Nick Montgomery. Slowly the momentum of the game changed.
Duke lead the way, a great ball out wide to Fitzgerald, but Duke couldn’t quite get the required purchase on the cross. Reddy saved from Sanchez, a regulation save. And then the Mariners found an equaliser when there seemed none. A strong move down the left and Rose was clear; his cross didn’t quite fall for Duke but as the ball came out to the edge of the area Fitzgerald’s shot was handled by Daniel Mullen. Penalty! Fitzgerald took the kick himself but Eugene guessed right and saved but Fitzgerald followed up to put the rebound home. The Cannon exploded in relief; the Mariners were back in it.
Five minutes later a wonderful ball from Duke found Josh Rose and the veteran left back coolly slotted the ball past Eugene for a most unlikely winner. As members of the Band toured the stands everyone celebrated except Moss who looked genuinely dumfounded.
Duke, now almost unstoppable, found Travis Major, who had replaced Fitzgerald, with another superb pass but Major delayed when he should have hit the cross first time where a Mariner, I am not sure who, was unmarked in front of the goal. It didn’t matter; Adelaide had been floored by the two goals and had nothing left to scare the suddenly upbeat Mariners.
We were overwhelmed in midfield and barely got a touch up front but defensively the Mariners were solid with Monty putting out the few spot fires from Adelaide. It was that defence which kept us in the game and provided the platform for the surprising win. Kalik always looked to move the ball forward and Liam Rose was quite comfortable at this level with several smart challenges.
A MoM is difficult to pick but I give it to Josh Rose, shading Poscoliero, Duke and Montgomery, his cool winner giving him the nod.
*The Gentleman’s Agreement: on Monday the Mariners signed Adelaide’s flying Portuguese winger Fabio Ferreira but bizarrely agreed to Adelaide’s request that Ferreira not play in the game despite Adelaide playing Ferreira’s replacement, Miguel Palanca. What we did not know is that in exchange for this gentlemanly gesture Adelaide had sportingly agreed to let the Mariners take the three points.

ccf

What I would like to know is how many Northern Beaches people who had tickets for the Brookvale game actually came to the coast? Not many I would guess! Nice to get the win but as supporters we need to show up as well. Yes I agree with everything people have said about MC but not showing up will only mean we will lose our team for good :-(

MagpieMariner

That's odd... I just looked at Ticketek for the remaining games and the GA tickets ranged from $22 to $25 (for the WSW game).
Don't forget to add in the nearly $6 fee on top of your ticket price. I don't know if that's on each ticket bought or only on the transaction as a whole. I get the concession (age pension) but still pay the fee on top. Yesterday I bought a $15.00 ticket which cost me $20+. If that's on each ticket bought it starts to make a big difference.

rbakersmith

Don't forget to add in the nearly $6 fee on top of your ticket price. I don't know if that's on each ticket bought or only on the transaction as a whole. I get the concession (age pension) but still pay the fee on top. Yesterday I bought a $15.00 ticket which cost me $20+. If that's on each ticket bought it starts to make a big difference.

The delivery fee (ezyTicket/mobile/venue collection) and credit card fee are per transaction, so for example a family GA ticket to the Brisbane game ($54.03 before fees) delivered using ezyTicket would be $60.13 in total when booking online.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred